Self serve drink stations are back!

Tuvalu

Premium Member
Just wondering---can someone use an old cup from a previous trip and just get it reactivated by paying the amount required for a new cup? I have so many of them and don't want any more and they are the current design. With Disney having the initiative to be environmentally-conscious, they should offer that option IMHO.
Sadly, no. Old mugs cannot be reactivated.

CaptainAmerica

Premium Member
This is good news. I was hoping by the time we went on our trip, this would change back.
I actually liked the COVID way better, honestly. 20 oz of drink at a time instead of 16 and you can chuck the cup when you're done, so you don't have to carry around a sticky mug all day.

Plus, I hate the way the refillable mug absorbs the flavor of coffee without a proper washing, so by the end of the week your Vitamin Water tastes like Joffrey's.

Big endorsement for the upgraded $30 mugs though. I wish the Skyliner one wasn't sold out, but the Star Wars one was great too.

CaptainAmerica

Premium Member
Just wondering---can someone use an old cup from a previous trip and just get it reactivated by paying the amount required for a new cup? I have so many of them and don't want any more and they are the current design. With Disney having the initiative to be environmentally-conscious, they should offer that option IMHO.
Have you seen the upgraded mug? Stainless steel and vacuum insulated. Not the most incredible quality you'll ever see but definitely worth the $10 extra, especially if your already have a cabinet full of the old style.

JIMINYCR

I actually liked the COVID way better, honestly. 20 oz of drink at a time instead of 16 and you can chuck the cup when you're done, so you don't have to carry around a sticky mug all day.

Plus, I hate the way the refillable mug absorbs the flavor of coffee without a proper washing, so by the end of the week your Vitamin Water tastes like Joffrey's.

Big endorsement for the upgraded $30 mugs though. I wish the Skyliner one wasn't sold out, but the Star Wars one was great too.
We dont carry ours with us but bring them back to the room and we bring dish soap and wash them well. The 20 oz is a better deal, I just prefer serving myself. I do like the looks of the upgraded mugs too.

MissViv

Looking forward to them being back for my upcoming trip. I always buy one.

We are having a HUGE yard sale in May, do you think they would sell? I have several from previous trips.

ilovelabs2021

I am totally getting the insulated mug! The first time we went to Disney I made the mistake of filling my mug with coffee and I couldn't use it for anything else as I could not get the coffee smell/taste out. On other trips I just brought my mug to show the CM I had one and I was given a cup for coffee, but it was kind of a pain.

Tuvalu

Premium Member
As of today 4/27/21 a CM is still pouring beverages for guests in Capt. Cooks at the Polynesian. No self serve.

EDIT TO ADD: The self service soft drink dispenser at the Oasis pool is available for guest use.

Last edited:

sullyinMT

Have you seen the upgraded mug? Stainless steel and vacuum insulated. Not the most incredible quality you'll ever see but definitely worth the $10 extra, especially if your already have a cabinet full of the old style.
And it fits nicely in my cupholder. And the steel is much easier to clean with a dash of Dawn and a good shake/light hand cloth scrub in the resort room bathroom.

sullyinMT

Crazy ? Does the upgraded mug have a handle like the regular mugs, or is it more like a travel mug?
Travel. Think an inexpensive travel Hydroflask/Yeti quality like you might find in the coffee mug aisle at Target, with a similar lid. Here's a photo from the Google machine:
WDW SS mug.jpg

Raxel7851

Raxel7851

Stayed at Pop over the weekend and the drunk refill stations were all open. Moved over to GF Sunday and the refill stations are closed. They still have an attendant giving you paper cups with your requested beverage.

Monkee Girl

Small news at animal kingdom lodge today. We were able to refill our own drinks at the Mara! Hello Iced coffee and lemonade and iced tea drink combos!
I like the idea of the 'one party at a time'. I hate that you have to have signs for this but just like standing in a Wawa register (or anywhere else) people just have no patience or sense of personal space. I would get so annoyed when I would try and get a drink and some PIA kid (or adult) are trying to use the ice dispenser the same time as me (this has actually happened to me, lol). It's ridiculous. Wait your turn and back the heck up. end of rant. great to hear another piece of normalcy coming back.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom