Segway question

gregh

We're scheduled for the Fort Wilderness Segway experience on 10/7 and we can't seem to get a consistent answer to where to meet in Fort Wilderness. Can someone help?

wdwmagic

Administrator
Premium Member
I've got the Bike Barn as being the check-in location.

Park at the Fort Wilderness parking lot, take bus to the Meadow Trading Post, walk across the bridge to the Bike Barn. Allow 20 minutes for bus ride.

Upvote 0

tkldisney

We also met at Mickey's BBQ. Allow time to get there. We drove our own car and then had to take bus back to area.
It was a great time. Have done the Epcot one couple of times. This one you ride longer (even have to take a break). You'll love it!!

When you made your reservation they should have told you where to checkin. If they didn't just call and ask.

Upvote 0

a2zdisney

My parents will be arrive at WDW Tuesday and are scheduled to do the Segway tour at Fort Wilderness during their stay. When I booked it for them, the Disney Cast Member told me to make sure they arrived at the main parking lot at FW 45 minutes ahead of time. She said it will take approx. 20 minutes to get back to the Marina area (Mickey's BBQ is where she said they would meet) and that they should plan on arriving 15 minutes early. It sounds fun! Hope you have a great time!

Upvote 0

a2zdisney

Misinformation from the res cm.

I'm doing the Segway tour Oct. 3 and we were told Mickey's BBQ pavilion too. It sounds like it's going to be a lot of fun. I can't wait.
Just want you to know that the meeting place was changed to the Meadow Trading Post area about six months ago!! My parents are there now and thank goodness they arrived very early. They had to get back on a bus and go half way around the campground. The cast member booking their reservation gave me the wrong meeting location. Hope you get this information before tomorrow!!

Upvote 0

marypoppins68

Just want you to know that the meeting place was changed to the Meadow Trading Post area about six months ago!! My parents are there now and thank goodness they arrived very early. They had to get back on a bus and go half way around the campground. The cast member booking their reservation gave me the wrong meeting location. Hope you get this information before tomorrow!!

Thanks! We'll be sure to leave early for the Campground. My Mom called and finally got someone who also said the barn. We'll find out tomorrow.

Upvote 0

marypoppins68

Yes, you definitely meet at the Bike Barn. The CM said it was changed to the Bike Barn some time ago. We did the tour this morning and had a lot of fun. It was a little scary at first but about halfway through I think I finally got the hang of it. We rode all around the campground, over to the Wilderness Lodge, and back again. We even stopped and saw the horses at the stables. There were only 10 people in our group and the instructors were very good. We also got a special pin at the end. A great time. :)

Upvote 0

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom