Segway in Epcot?

Léo

Original Poster
Months ago, I had read on this very forum that guests would be able to test the Segway at Epcot this summer.

Does anyone know what going on with this rumour?

Thanks in advance!

Léo

BRER STITCH

When I was there in April, there was a Segway demonstration area in Innoventions where a Cast Member used the Segway to do different things and there were monitors showing the possible uses and benefits of the Segway in eliminating traffic in major cities, etc...

Yet there was no opportunity for guests to ride it at that time.

On the Disney Cruise Line, however, guests have the opportunity to pay to ride the Segway around the ship decks while it is in port.

That's the only time I saw non-Cast Members using it.

Now.....perhaps if all injury lawyers were perished from the face of the earth ..... :lol:

Mr. Toad

I had not heard about this but I did see a some CMs in EPCOT using them to go around the World Showcase.

Since people usually have to go through a training course when they get a Segway I'm not sure if they would allow guests to just hop on one. On the other hand if they are doing it on the cruise I guess it is possible. It would be pretty cool to ride one.

roysta123

Not really related

President Bush fell off of a Segway yesterday in Maine. There were pictures of him on the news loosing his balance and falling off. It was hilarious!:lol: :lol: :lol:

neelix

yes it is at epcot and no you cant play the people who run disney (the lawyers) won't let you theyre afraid you'll hurt yourself and sue them :brick:

epcotisbest

We were there the last week in May and saw the Segway display and demostration in Innoventions East. A cast member rides around on it and tells a little about it, but no, you can't ride it. I looked into purchasing one of these things, but the very basic model starts at $3995.00. The next step up is $4995.00 for a couple of more features. These will never be practical until the prices come down. Sorta like when VCR's first came out. They were huge and cost $1200.00. Now they are tiny and cost $50.00 at Wal-Mart. If you really want to see a Segway up close, and actually stand on one and maybe move 10 feet on it, there is a store in the town of Celebration called NEVrland that sells them. You can get a short demostration and view the saftey and operations video that comes with it. I would not go to Celebration just for this, but if you have the time to walk around and visit the shops, maybe tour the model homes, and eat, it would be worth the drive over there. My choice for lunch or dinner is a resturant on Market St. called Columbia, an excellent place serving traditional spanish cuisine. Hope this helps.
Ricky

Léo

Original Poster
Thank you anyway!

Thanks everybody; too bad I won't ride one of these at Epcot... :cry:

Léo

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom