Seems very quiet on the refurbishment announcements for 2020, (MK/AK) any rumors?

dreday3

Original Poster
Big Thunder is scheduled to have a significant refurbishment in 2020. Haunted Mansion has a minor refurbishment scheduled as well. Buzz also will have some upgrades applied, but shouldn't be down for significant time.

Thanks! Any time-frames? Or too early to tell?

iowamomof4

Big Thunder is scheduled to have a significant refurbishment in 2020. Haunted Mansion has a minor refurbishment scheduled as well. Buzz also will have some upgrades applied, but shouldn't be down for significant time.

Oh dear... Haunted Mansion? My luck it'll be right during our visit.

Crazydisneyfanluke

Oh thank you!

Jeepers, seems like most of MK will be under refurb! :D
Hopefully, with the closure of the fiscal year, budgets for the 50th are solidified and refurbs start getting approved.

At Epcot, Test Track is getting a refurb at the beginning of 2020.

Splash mountain and Big Thunder usually goes down the beginning of the year as well. We should see more refurbs scheduled within the next month or so.

WDWTank

If only Universal would do a “Spider-Man” style refurb to Men in Black. Glad to see Disney is taking care of my favorite ride from my childhood :)

FerretAfros

It’s always depressing that WDW refurbishments are considered rumor-worthy. These are things that should be part of routine maintenance, and really shouldn’t be newsworthy to anybody who doesn’t happen to be in the park on those particular days.

Instead, refurbishments at WDW are so rare that they become a big deal by their very existence. Rather than being an uneventful part of ongoing park operations, there will be extensive speculation about indistinguishable updates to technical systems. In reality, little of these projects will change the content the guests experience, other than some minor freshening up.

For the industry leader, it never ceases to amaze me how tired and worn out the WDW parks look. If they were more willing to do ongoing maintenance on a regular basis, the need for the big multi-month refurbishments would drop considerably. But instead they run the parks like they’re not sure if they’ll still be in business 6 months from now.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom