Seeking input - Poly Garden View or Contemporary Garden View?

Mama4L

Original Poster
We can't decide! We've narrowed to two! We stayed at Poly in Nov. 2012 and loved it. The new bungalows have us nervous - limited views etc. Never stayed at the Contemporary. Kids will be 11 and 8 when we go Sept. 2015. Would really appreciate your opinions/insight on which resort and also room locations. Thinking Gardens, not Tower at Contemporary. Feedback please! :))

Jahona

I would vote poly!
The renovations will be complete and the bungalows only make it more beautiful.

Contemporary. Poly has been defiled and views are hurt by the bungalows. From Contemp., you'll love being able to walk to the MK.

Talk about Polar Opposite responses. I think it comes down to room decor preferences. Do you want Pacific Island or Contemporary architecture and design? Personally I like the Contemporary as I enjoy that style.

LoveDiz

That is for sure a hard decision! We have stayed at both resorts twice and we love them both. I honestly don't think you will regret either decision. They both are in great locations to our two favorite parks (MK and Epcot.)
With that being said, if you do choose to stay in the garden wing of the contemporary, there is a chance you will not get a balcony. For us, that is not an option as we enjoy the balconies for our morning coffee and evening glasses of wine so we have always elected to stay in the tower at the contemporary.
Don't fret over it too much, you and your family will be happy at either place!

princessmommy

Talk about Polar Opposite responses. I think it comes down to room decor preferences. Do you want Pacific Island or Contemporary architecture and design? Personally I like the Contemporary as I enjoy that style.

Totally opposite right?
But I happen to think this is pretty:)

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    121.5 KB · Views: 65

meganwdw

We are going in November and are trying to decide b/n a Poly garden or GF outer building garden. We have our heart set on Poly but are worried about the construction!This will be our first time staying at a deluxe! Thoughts??

Tuvalu

Premium Member
We are going in November and are trying to decide b/n a Poly garden or GF outer building garden. We have our heart set on Poly but are worried about the construction!This will be our first time staying at a deluxe! Thoughts??
Both resorts are wonderful. The only possible construction at the Poly in November would be refurbishment to the quiet pool, everything else should be completed by then. We have a stay booked for August, hoping to enjoy our favorite resort finally construction free! Our last visit was October 2013 when the mess had just started...

We stayed at GF last June and have another planned for this June. At GF, you receive nightly turndown service (plus new towels and chocolate) in all rooms (not just club). Gasparilla's also has more seating and a larger menu than Capt. Cooks at the Poly. But GF is the last stop for the monorail and shared buses to the other parks, so getting seats first thing in the morning can be difficult. At the Poly, you can walk to the TTC and catch the monorail to Epcot.

Since there are pros/cons for each, it may come down to your theme preference...Island or Victorian?

meganwdw

Both resorts are wonderful. The only possible construction at the Poly in November would be refurbishment to the quiet pool, everything else should be completed by then. We have a stay booked for August, hoping to enjoy our favorite resort finally construction free! Our last visit was October 2013 when the mess had just started...

We stayed at GF last June and have another planned for this June. At GF, you receive nightly turndown service (plus new towels and chocolate) in all rooms (not just club). Gasparilla's also has more seating and a larger menu than Capt. Cooks at the Poly. But GF is the last stop for the monorail and shared buses to the other parks, so getting seats first thing in the morning can be difficult. At the Poly, you can walk to the TTC and catch the monorail to Epcot.

Since there are pros/cons for each, it may come down to your theme preference...Island or Victorian?
We REAlly love the Poly theme!

Mama4L

Original Poster
We stayed at Poly in Nov. 2012 in Tokelau Garden View. Honestly…loved it!!! Amazing! Quiet, lush, a real getaway and we planned to only stay there whenever we went to WDW. Now…way too many bungalows, diminished views from the beach, and Tokelau is DVC only. I'm afraid that booking there means a let-down after such an amazing experience three years ago. The quiet rooms/sides will be under construction when we go again in Sept. 2015. So…with this in mind…let me ask another question…Cont. Garden or Cont. Tower. We enjoy quiet when in our rooms. Oh…and does the Cont. still feel "Disney-esque?" Some say it's sterile. I CANNOT decide. o_O

MaryJaneP

When our kids were tiny, we could only afford a CR garden. As they grew, and we could afford, we did CR Tower with MK view. Wow, awesome view any time of day, but especially at night and first thing in the morning. Anyway, we never found CR to be too sterile, but some others do. We love CR, between honeymoon at (now demolished for BLT) north garden wing, south garden wing, and tower, it remains our favorite. Even after staying at others (i.e. Poly, BC, etc.). Pre-furb and Post-furb. Even with tower room over Monorail and by Chef Mickey's we never found room to be too noisy. Door kept out most noise and we were frequently elsewhere.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom