Seeking airbnb advice

SteveBrickNJ

For the first time ever I've used airbnb and booked a property in Virginia for 8/19, 8/20, & 8/21
Paid in full on the website. A few weeks ago.
The host responded to my questions back then when I selected "Contact the Host" on the airbnb website.
Now I think I've scared her off with a request.
Here's what's happened:
My wife and I need to move our daughter into her college dorm on Fri. 8/20
We are arriving to our airbnb near the college the night before.
So my wife and I will sleep at the airbnb Nights 1, 2 and 3 (8/19, 8/20 & 8/21)
Our daughter will sleep in the airbnb only during Night One (8/19)...our daughter will sleep in her college dorm from then on.
Sooooooo....when I booked the airbnb which has two beds, I didn't bother to mention my daughter.
I entered into the airbnb website:
2 adults, 3 nights
Yet now I've privately confessed to the airbnb host of the property that I did not want the hassle to book Night One for 3 people...pay for that...and then make a separate booking for Nights Two and Three (2 people) and pay for that. I was a rookie to airbnb and I wanted to keep it simple.
In a private email I told the host I just want to keep the fact that my daughter will be in the airbnb only on Night One between the host and myself. In the private email I've offered to 1) pay the host the appropriate "extra" amount in cash....or...2)Leave a generous tip at the end of our 3 night stay.
Yet my email asking to discuss this has been ignored. I've posted on the host's airbnb messaging twice that I've sent her (the host) an email and I'd be grateful for a response.....yet that public airbnb message has gone unanswered and my private email to the host has gone unanswered.
ANY ADVICE????? (I'm thinking she is afraid the airbnb company will find out and remove her from their network)

Last edited:

SteveBrickNJ

Original Poster
Looks like your situation was resolved, but wanted to add my two cents in case people have similar questions in the future.

I am not an AirBNB host, but I am a freelancer and some of my work comes from sites where all communication and billing is done through the site. When potential clients ask to either pay me directly outside the site, or to communicate directly by phone or email before the client has booked the service, I see it as a red flag. Services like these exist not only to connect clients and freelancers who would not otherwise connect, but also to protect both parties from shady business. Not to mention, if I did circumvent the site I'm using and accept direct payment I could be banned from the service and lose a big chunk of my income.

I imagine the rules for AirBNB are similar and this is why the host and the company representative treated you in a possibly negative way.
BUT.......as I stated more than once on this thread, I'd already paid airbnb on THEIR site....paid in Full with a credit card.
2 adults....3 nights....
airbnb ALREADY HAD my $382.34 (via my VISA card)

Last edited:
Upvote 0

SteveBrickNJ

Original Poster
BUT.......as I stated more than once on this thread, I'd already paid airbnb on THEIR site....paid in Full with a credit card.
2 adults....3 nights....
airbnb HAD my $382.34 ALREADY (via my VISA card)
This is why my situation was successfully resolved....because weeks ago I used their official airbnb site and paid in full.

Upvote 0

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom