See, now the media wont stop until Mission Space is closed forever....

Well all i know is when i was there on Tuesday i rode Mission:Space during Extra magic hours, and nothing seemed different to me(people talking about someone going to the hospital) but then we did see it on the 12 news back at our room at POP Century. yeah the news really is killing us!

MickeyMan101

ToTBellHop

The public is very forgiving...heck, they re-elected George W. despite what the news shows (regardless of your own personal views of the man, the media certainly does its best to make him appear a total moron).

Captain Chaos

ISTCNavigator57 said:
The public is very forgiving...heck, they re-elected George W. despite what the news shows (regardless of your own personal views of the man, the media certainly does its best to make him appear a total moron).

That's another story.... :D

PintoColvig

TurnipHead said:
Maybe Paris Hilton has been posting lately...:lookaroun
totodog said:
Or maybe from riding the big ball of Seimens at Epcot....
TurnipHead said:
Let's stick to the forum rules and not bring up the buffoon....uh...I meant the president.
Keep these posts up and they will shut down this thread. Better yet, why don't you guys post on all the other M:S threads and shut them all down! :D

Captain Chaos

PintoColvig said:
Keep these posts up and they will shut down this thread. Better yet, why don't you guys post on all the other M:S threads and shut them all down! :D

Think if we beg Steve enough, he will shut them down for us??? But, I have a feeling, when one gets shut down, another will pop up... These M:S posts are like Gremlins... get them wet and they multiply :hammer:

SpongeScott

TurnipHead said:
Let's stick to the forum rules and not bring up the buffoon....uh...I meant the president.
seriously, these political posts can get you banned from the forums. It would be best if you stopped while you were ahead.

bayoutinkbelle

OP is right. I've seen the agenda for the next secret meeting of "the media." M:S is one of our "unfinished business" items and we'll get around to it just in time for the summer season, right after we finish planting the "dangerous animals attack" story. :rolleyes:

Gotta go. I'm in charge of snacks for the secret meeting. :brick:

Pirate665

Oh jezz, here we go again...

GothMickey said:
2. We agree to disagree on the ride....

Yeah! Someone heard my plea on one of these others... which one I have no clue by now....

wdwmagic said:
Please leave the politics out of the threads, thanks.

He hath spoken.... Let the warning go out. And, let the M:S treads stop. OH PLEASE FOR THE LOVE OF PETE LET THEM STOP!!:cry: :cry:

pager

DarkMeasures said:
They have chosen their target and even if the issue isn't as bad as it really is, they will play it out until the change happens. Watch in the next few months as thousands of stories will come with testimony as "I almost died on Mission Space" even if it is that in reality all the person had was he felt nauseated for a few minutes.

And the problem too comes from the politicians who want theme park rides "standardized" as in safety regulations that are completly ubsurd.

Of course the media does fail sometimes. Like for example, Bush's eavesdropping program. The media made a big fuss but a great majority of the people did not care and moved on with their lives instead of going up in arms like the media expected.

But in one year, I bet Mission Space will either have: Maximum G-forces are cut down to 1.5 and the longest duration of the G-forces will be less than 1 second. (well the maximum G-forces of 5 would be just as fine, it is really the duration of the forces that is the problem as noted with comparing safety of Mission Space to Rock N Rollercoaster.)

The second option I could see is te centerfuge just become a standing simulator like Star Tours.

And the third I could see is complete closure of the ride.

But then again, this is new technology. If Disney didn't throw that hassle at the company that developed the ride, I am sure many many more techniques at keeping the guests in good condition would have been developed by now. But I bet this is at the top of Disney's priorities concerning Mission Space now.

In reality they won't shut the ride down they will just make people sign releases knowing the possibilities and past events

ECurto

Do you really think that Orlandos newspaper isnt "influenced" by Disney? The last thing that will happen in that state is a smear campaign of Disney by any local media outlet. Unfortunetly, outside of FL it doesnt make the news. Oh, and since Disney own ABC...dont look for the story on any of those stations either. Bottom line, the press isnt going to shut down the ride.

Mr Bill

ECurto said:
Do you really think that Orlandos newspaper isnt "influenced" by Disney? The last thing that will happen in that state is a smear campaign of Disney by any local media outlet. Unfortunetly, outside of FL it doesnt make the news. Oh, and since Disney own ABC...dont look for the story on any of those stations either. Bottom line, the press isnt going to shut down the ride.
You obviously hadn't seen the Slantinel on Thursday and Friday then.

Captain Chaos

Mr Bill said:
You obviously hadn't seen the Slantinel on Thursday and Friday then.

No, but that was right after an incident... I do remember at the beginning of the 50th, they ran awesome articles about Disney.... I di read the Sentinel online, and I do not remember any negative articles bashing Disney... Unless the printed paper if different... not being an Orlando resident, I am out of the loop, unfortunately...

bgraham34

I think the best thing we should do is just have a huge theater screen with a Virtual Reality theme park and you can just look but not partake in any rides. That way no one gets sick or does.

sleepybear

DarkMeasures said:
They have chosen their target and even if the issue isn't as bad as it really is, they will play it out until the change happens.
Hi, you have reached the media! We have more important things to do right now than summon all of our meager powers to try to close a theme park attraction. Please leave a message after the beep and we'll get back to you after covering global warming, bird flu, Iran, Iraq, gas prices, immigration and Brad and Angelina's baby! BEEP!

Mr Bill

sleepybear said:
! We have more important things to do right now than summon all of our meager powers to try to close a theme park attraction. Please leave a message after the beep and we'll get back to you after covering global warming, bird flu, Iran, Iraq, gas prices, immigration and Brad and Angelina's baby! BEEP!
You forgot Tom and Katie.

pax_65

Is the Ride Safe?

Is Mission Space safe for healthy people, with no pre-existing health conditions?

Until there's evidence that it isn't, there's really no story here for the media.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom