Second Week of January Weather Experience

EmmieSue

Anyone who has gone in January, what was your experience with the weather during that time? Planning a trip for me, my sister, and our daughters and we have only ever been in April/May.

Cmdr_Crimson

Having gone around Jan/Feb I would recommend a light jacket or sweater as it does tend to be a cooler in Jan..By that, around the upper 40's-50's early mornings and at night and highs around 70 to 80....

Upvote 0

Think Tink

Premium Member
In the Parks
No
The weather is very hit or miss. I was there in December one year and it was in the 80's every day, sometimes its cooler and you may need to pack a jacket. I would just bring one in case, sometimes they do have cold fronts that leave it in the 60's, but that it decently rare.

Upvote 0

Tinkwings

Pfizered Fairy
Premium Member
In the Parks
No
I have been every week in Jan and Feb. I prefer early February, but yes it is hit or miss, as you can have a rainy 40 something morning early January....but also could have a 60-70 degree high some days as well. I am happy as long as the sun is shining and I have layers on.
:angelic:

Upvote 0

mariedarling

Like others have said very hit or miss!

My experience was last year - we went at the end of January 2018. We happened to be there when the "Polar Vortex" was occurring (basically Canada's air coming down to USA for a visit which stretches all way down to FL). We had previously bought After Magic Hours tickets at MK for one night during our trip- this night it was 45 degrees!! I had NOT packed correctly and had to buy a sweatshirt. We wound up leaving MK a little early before the event was over due to the cold.

Our last day that trip was 70s and it was GREAT. I would bring layers so you can be comfortable and a light jacket to be on the safe side. I did like the cooler weather though and not sweating like crazy.

Upvote 0

ppet

Unpredictable is how to describe Jan weather at WDW. I have been there with frost warning and two days later we hit 80 and went to a water park. Like the scouts always tell you wear layers.

Upvote 0

DisneyMann

Highs anywhere between 55-75. Lows around 40-50.

We have done January the past two years for festival of the arts but we are done going in January due to the weather not being to our liking.

Upvote 0

EmmieSue

Original Poster
Thanks everyone! Honestly even the low temperatures you have all mentioned will be warm to us coming from New York where it will probably be snowy with below zero windchills. Lol

Upvote 0

DisneyMann

Thanks everyone! Honestly even the low temperatures you have all mentioned will be warm to us coming from New York where it will probably be snowy with below zero windchills. Lol

I'm from the Albany area and you'd be surprised how 50-60 doesn't feel as warm as you would think. Just sayin

Upvote 0

DISR

I've done 2 trips in January...both were for about 7 days. During each trip we had hat/coat/gloves weather and pool weather in over the course of the week. The pool weather was relative (heated water and kids who are fine with swimming in 72 degree temps). Don't plan on packing light...you may need some of everything. It is nice to experience Disney without sweating out a gallon or so of water per day, so I actually enjoy it. If pools/water parks are a big part of your vacation goal, you may want to wait a month or so.

Upvote 0

cmb5002

I've been a few times in January and the temps really can swing around. I've been in shorts and t-shirts during the day (with maybe a hoodie after sunset) to jeans and long sleeves with jackets or vests. Best bet is to check the weather beforehand and pack conservatively.

Upvote 0

piglet1

I'm from the Albany area and you'd be surprised how 50-60 doesn't feel as warm as you would think. Just sayin
Agreed - we used to fly in from New Jersey (we live in FL now) and in January have actually watched fireworks wearing hats and gloves and jackets over sweatshirts. For example, watching Epcot fireworks, there can be a mean wind off the water.

Then the next day just a parka is fine. The weather in FL can change dramatically each day, the weather report can be way off, and the best solution is just Bring It All.

Upvote 0

larryz

I'm Just A Tourist!
Premium Member
You should plan on bringing heavy coats, light jackets, long-sleeve t-shirts (all with long pants), regular t-shirts, and shorts. The weather at that time can go any which way but hurricanes.

Upvote 0

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom