Second Gate at HKDL?

GiveMeTheMusic

Original Poster
@pheneix has been posting that HKDL's second gate is getting rushed - any guesses as to the theme and when it will open? Fingers crossed it's not a Studios park.

BrianLo

@pheneix can you come talk to us here... these sub-boards seem to be a relatively "safe space" that the trolls overlook. :D

I'm hoping for a "Disney Bay" type concept.

pheneix

LOL that other thread is a laugher. I'm gonna post some things there in a few days when I have time. Work is heavy right now.

I'm glad this got tossed out there as this is a project I would LOVE to know more about. As far as Disney projects go this has been kept under wraps better than anything I can recall from recent memory.

BrianLo

LOL that other thread is a laugher. I'm gonna post some things there in a few days when I have time. Work is heavy right now.

I'm glad this got tossed out there as this is a project I would LOVE to know more about. As far as Disney projects go this has been kept under wraps better than anything I can recall from recent memory.

Agreed, that's the way more exciting news. Epcot can continue to die a slow death, all the exciting developments happen close to the Pacific Ocean.

pheneix

I ended up jumping back in. Couldn't resist. But yes, this project is way more exciting. And someone else is paying for it so it probably won't suck! :D

BrianLo

I ended up jumping back in. Couldn't resist. But yes, this project is way more exciting. And someone else is paying for it so it probably won't suck! :D

Human nature, you're a glutton for punishment. ;)

I'll throw it on my ever growing list of things I want to hear about when @WDW1974 returns.

cheezbat

DCA got a major overhaul, Shanghai is a whole brand new park, WDSP is finally getting some love, the Tokyo parks are already amazing and keep expanding, HKDL just got a massive expansion and now a second gate?

All the while DHS and Epcot are stale and becoming irrelevant. Seriously....when will WDW get some serious love again? (And not just $2 billion for magic bands and next gen crap!)

All the new Park rumours at the moment (3rd parks in Paris and California) are around Disney using the New brands they have bought recently I would not be surprised if we a see a park somewhere in the world and possible Hong Kong with no Disney Characters at all but could be a movie park with Marvel, Star Wars, Indians Jones etc.

mahnamahna101

All the new Park rumours at the moment (3rd parks in Paris and California) are around Disney using the New brands they have bought recently I would not be surprised if we a see a park somewhere in the world and possible Hong Kong with no Disney Characters at all but could be a movie park with Marvel, Star Wars, Indians Jones etc.
Marvel
Star Wars
Indiana Jones
Cars Land
Arendale

There's Hong Kong's 2nd gate :cool:

mahnamahna101

Disneyland park still needs a Splash Mountain, Pirates of the Caribbean and some more Fantasyland dark rides before opening a second gate.
Geyser Mountain, Splash Pirates (Shanghai isn't opening this version), Frozen & Beauty and the Beast dark rides, Cheshire Cat family coaster like SDMT, another flat ride in the other side of the park (Adventureland/Grizzly Gulch), Toy Story Midway Mania.

Last edited:

Antonio Disney

@pheneix has been posting that HKDL's second gate is getting rushed - any guesses as to the theme and when it will open? Fingers crossed it's not a Studios park.

I'd pray Disney had learned that studios parks and lands end up being huge flops. I have actually been designing a park for DL's third gate, BUT it could also be used as HKDL's second. The lands include- Buena Vista Street, Oz, Marvel HQ,

At least I do pray that his he would learn her lesson with their Hollywood studios theme parks and resorts. I've been working on a new third gate for Disneyland, but I guess it's also work is Hong Kong's third gate. The lens would include a Buenavista Street type opening from California adventure, the wonderful land of Oz, An Amazonian type area where we could have avatar land. Also adding different story book villages, and a couple areas depicting the history of hung Kong. Overall I think this might be able to work, but you never know what Disney has of their sleeve unless it's the studios park

Antonio Disney

Marvel
Star Wars
Indiana Jones
Cars Land
Arendale

There's Hong Kong's 2nd gate :cool:

I don't mean to rain on your parade of it, but I do think it might be a problem having a park full of IP's. What's going to happen in the first couple 20 years when we all forget about avatar and someone asks what's avatar, having a park full of IP's is just a recipe for disaster in in a couple years you have to receive it when someone forgets about that brand . Also, I'd like to keep cars land as an exclusive for DCA because seriously that partly t also, I'd like to keep cars land as an exclusive for DCA because seriously that park needs help.

Antonio Disney

DCA got a major overhaul, Shanghai is a whole brand new park, WDSP is finally getting some love, the Tokyo parks are already amazing and keep expanding, HKDL just got a massive expansion and now a second gate?

All the while DHS and Epcot are stale and becoming irrelevant. Seriously....when will WDW get some serious love again? (And not just $2 billion for magic bands and next gen crap!)
We have to think about the other parks. Besides all that stuff you listed, everything that Disney has is going to Walt Disney World. I know how to roll upgrading the second or third parks but think about it! I mean Paris only has two parks and seven resorts. Hong Kong only has one park and three resorts. The original Disney park only has to parks and three resorts. I knew the Tokyo resorts are awesome but seriously this not enough of them! Maybe we could think about not Disney World for a couple years! And after a little bit we can start upgrading Hollywood studios and Epcot a bit.( not to mention the expansions that happened with Disney springs and the new rides that you're getting out your water parks!

Antonio Disney

Agreed, that's the way more exciting news. Epcot can continue to die a slow death, all the exciting developments happen close to the Pacific Ocean.
I'm sorry, but I'd have to disagree with you while you say that the Pacific parks only getting love! I mean seriously from the past year is your parts of been doing nothing but expanding, so I think it's time to give some of the other park some of this love! I mean you guys of water parks! For parks over 20 resorts I don't even know how many you guys have! Let's just give a bit more love to the other resorts first.

BrianLo

I'm sorry, but I'd have to disagree with you while you say that the Pacific parks only getting love! I mean seriously from the past year is your parts of been doing nothing but expanding, so I think it's time to give some of the other park some of this love! I mean you guys of water parks! For parks over 20 resorts I don't even know how many you guys have! Let's just give a bit more love to the other resorts first.

You are quoting posts that are over two years old.

Ironically you are correct, the excitement around HKDL has completely dried up and all the attention seems to be on the domestic ones. That wasn't remotely the case in May 2014.

A lot can change in two years.

Disneylover152

HONG KONG DISNEYLAND RESORT REFURB

Hong Kong Disneyland
Adventureland

Aladdin mini-land with Market Place and Aladdin Dark Ride
Tarzan's Treehouse refurb to "Explorer's Treehouse"
Fantasyland
Peter Pan's Flight Dark Ride
Tangled Dark Ride
Enchanted Tales with Belle
The Little Mermaid Musical
Snow White walk through
Tomorrowland
Big Hero 6 "stitch encounter" style ride
Hyperspace Mountain
Wreck It Ralph "Hero's Duty" overlay of Buzz Lightyear

Disney's The Mysterious Forest
The Basic Layout
Explorer City
An abandoned city in the forest (main street type)
Mickey’s Discovery Forest
A kiddie area with a show, carousel, and an area based off of "Rafiki's Planet Watch" in Disney's Animal Kingdom, It's Tough to be a Bug
The Amazon
A river raft ride based off of the Amazon River, a ropes course, an animal show
Lost River Delta
An Indiana Jones Jungle Cruise style, an Indiana Jones roller coaster, and Indiana Jones Adventure dark ride.
Prehistoric Valley
A Dinosaur play area, a Pteradactle roller coaster, The Boneyard, Dinosaurs flat ride
Asia
Expedition Everest, Asian market, Camel ride
Mythical Forest
Avatar Rest, Navi River Journey, Quest to the Unicorn's Grotto, Dragon dark ride
The Rainforest
Tarzan Roller Coaster, Tarzan Treehouse, Soarin'

Disney's The Boardwalk
The shopping district of Hong Kong Disneyland Resort

Hong Kong's Second Gate & Redevelopment;)

Last edited:

cheezbat

We have to think about the other parks. Besides all that stuff you listed, everything that Disney has is going to Walt Disney World. I know how to roll upgrading the second or third parks but think about it! I mean Paris only has two parks and seven resorts. Hong Kong only has one park and three resorts. The original Disney park only has to parks and three resorts. I knew the Tokyo resorts are awesome but seriously this not enough of them! Maybe we could think about not Disney World for a couple years! And after a little bit we can start upgrading Hollywood studios and Epcot a bit.( not to mention the expansions that happened with Disney springs and the new rides that you're getting out your water parks!
You do realize my post you quoted was from two and a half years ago. Things are finally changing at WDW, so there's some hope here. Hong Kong needs more now that Shanghai is taking quite a bit away from them...and Paris needs something big too.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom