Second best domestic Disney park?

Second best park?

• Total voters

Animaniac93-98

I haven’t been to WDW but objectively I would say this should be the right answer. Now, if you re asking a bunch of people with Disneyland in their backyard, I could see how Animal Kingdom wins.

Animal Kingdom is the best second gate in the USA right now, but like others it suffers from being severely underbuilt.

Only the castle parks have a decent amount of attractions.

TP2000

Magic Kingdom. No contest.

Although maybe there will be more argument on this one, castle parks always win in my book.

I know. This was really difficult for me. I had to think about it for 90 seconds, with a short break for a sip of some Paso Robles Cabernet that I like on this crisp fall evening on the patio.

I weighed Epcot. I thought of Magic Kingdom, even pretending they still maintained stuff like Carousel of Progress and Tiki Room and the Bear show. I even gave DCA a few thoughts, now that it has Marvel Land and a Spiderman version of Midway Mania and.... um.... stuff.

But I voted for Epcot. I let cheesy nostalgia and smarmy sentiment take control of me, if not the Paso Robles Cabernet that I like.

It's a very tough call to make for me. I'm open to other opinions, and I value your diversity. ;)

J4546

also its crazy how noone considers DHS the 2nd best even after building Galaxies edge, TSL and MMRR all in the last 2 years

Disney Analyst

I would have to go with Animal Kingdom.

The theming is incredible, immersive, and deep. The park just has a great vibe. The safari is worth it every time.

Is it dense with rides? No.

Should it get more rides? Yes.

Is it still the second best domestic park? Yes.

josh2000

also its crazy how noone considers DHS the 2nd best even after building Galaxies edge, TSL and MMRR all in the last 2 years
None of that does anything to address the overall problem with the park. The theming sucks, the layout sucks, it's severely lacking in terms of attractions, it just sucks overall.

The three other WDW parks have certain qualities where they excel over the others. Magic Kingdom has timeless and magical attractions. Epcot is sophisticated with unrivaled food and drink variety. Animal Kingdom has breathtaking theming and detail. Hollywood Studios does not excel in any way.

I never feel happy anymore at Disney's Hollywood Studios, and that is usually my rule of thumb for judging quality at a Disney park. If I am happy to be there, it's good, at least in my view.

MoonRakerSCM

Agreed. The theming foundation that has been late in AK is unmatched. Ride wise it suffers, but the care and thought that went in to 90% of that park is Disney imagineering at its absolute best.

Rich T

Animal Kingdom. Gad, Epcot, what have they done to you...

But no U.S. Disney Park is worth what the corporation’s charging.

Rich T

Not so crazy. Galaxy’s Edge is an eyesore that focuses on a forgettable new trilogy and sells overpriced toys, Toy Story Land is obnoxious and shade-free, and MMRR manages to remove all charm from once-beloved characters (ok, Pluto’s the exception). And, except for ToT, the rest is a mess.

Today’s Disney, everyone! Yayyyyyy (in the awful new Kermit voice).

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom