SeaWorld Rumour

919Florida

Original Poster
While I was at Wild Days this past weekend after the Julie Scardina talk I stayed after and was talkngn to one of the animal care team members who was speaking to me about something new that will be coming in the coming months to SeaWorld.

So the SeaGarden area is an area that was used for animal interactions and is a beautifull lanscaped area of the park. However it has not been really used anymore. Rumours had been flowing online that this area was the next construction project where they were going to bring in a new roller coaster. However according to the two members I spoke to in animal care tht is not happening. Below is whats coming:

The area will see a complete renovation and will be home to a new animal rescue area. You will be able to meet animals SeaWorld has rescued through out the day but they also have plans to have a building that will house animal rescue talks and have interactive stations that talk about rescue and what SeaWorld does every day to care for animals. You will have chances to talk personally to the staff that is in charge of these rescues and care.

Sounds like a pretty awesome new area to me and exactly what SeaWorld needs. Something to showcase the animal rescue program. No idea of an opening date or when construction will start but the animal care team is very excited about this.

drew81

While I was at Wild Days this past weekend after the Julie Scardina talk I stayed after and was talkngn to one of the animal care team members who was speaking to me about something new that will be coming in the coming months to SeaWorld.

So the SeaGarden area is an area that was used for animal interactions and is a beautifull lanscaped area of the park. However it has not been really used anymore. Rumours had been flowing online that this area was the next construction project where they were going to bring in a new roller coaster. However according to the two members I spoke to in animal care tht is not happening. Below is whats coming:

The area will see a complete renovation and will be home to a new animal rescue area. You will be able to meet animals SeaWorld has rescued through out the day but they also have plans to have a building that will house animal rescue talks and have interactive stations that talk about rescue and what SeaWorld does every day to care for animals. You will have chances to talk personally to the staff that is in charge of these rescues and care.

Sounds like a pretty awesome new area to me and exactly what SeaWorld needs. Something to showcase the animal rescue program. No idea of an opening date or when construction will start but the animal care team is very excited about this.

This is a great idea. I love it! Now, if they would just add a Sea Otter exhibit.....

luv

Sounds wonderful. I haven't seen it at BG (must check that out!), but love the "behind the scenes" (but not really) stuff in the AK.

I've always wondered where all those animals go. The news is always ending stories of ocean animals who need assistance with "Sea World will be arriving to take (the animal)..." (or that they already took it.)

Now, maybe (!) we can actually see the follow-up! Very cool.

Sounds wonderful. I haven't seen it at BG (must check that out!), but love the "behind the scenes" (but not really) stuff in the AK.

I've always wondered where all those animals go. The news is always ending stories of ocean animals who need assistance with "Sea World will be arriving to take (the animal)..." (or that they already took it.)

Now, maybe (!) we can actually see the follow-up! Very cool.
If you're interested in this aspect of SeaWorld, you can already see how SeaWorld and other partner organizations do their rescue work by watching the tv show Sea Rescue. It's a great program produced by SeaWorld, and it usually airs on Saturday mornings on ABC in most markets. Busch Gardens has a very similar tv show called The Wildlife Docs that also airs on Saturday mornings on ABC. The Wildlife Docs follows the veterinary and zookeeper staff at Busch Gardens Tampa. I enjoy watching both programs. In some markets they air on Sunday morning.

You can find out more info on the shows and when they air in your market here: http://www.littonweekendadventure.com/

919Florida

Original Poster
Construction walls are up as of this past weekend at the Sea Garden now. I will keep an eye out and if there is any news or photos to take of the area I will share them here
1900127_630600976976712_25019969_n.jpg

Crazydisneyfanluke

Is there anything going around about updating the sea lion show? Its getting old, and the jokes are becoming very lame. The only reason i see it is because of the mime for the pre-show.
Also, anything about updating wild arctic? its outdated extremely. Says late 90s all over it.

unkadug

Follower of "Saget"The Cult
Is there anything going around about updating the sea lion show? Its getting old, and the jokes are becoming very lame. The only reason i see it is because of the mime for the pre-show.
Also, anything about updating wild arctic? its outdated extremely. Says late 90s all over it.
Yeah the Arctic really has changed a lot since the 90's.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom