SeaWorld - one or two days?

Schweino

Original Poster
So on top of us possibly visiting WDW in December, there is a small change we are in Orlando Labor Day weekend (FSU vs LSU game). My wife has never been to SeaWorld Orlando and I haven't been since like the mid 90s. Would a day at Seaworld be enough?

LittleMerman

It depends on how you want to experience the park but you can definitely do SeaWorld in one day. If you're the type that likes to take your time with meals and/or want to do some of the animal experiences or tours, you might want to do two days. We really enjoy Dine with Orcas and the Sharks Underwater Grill but they both eat up some time. That will be a really busy weekend so if you're just going for one day, I suggest getting the quick queue for the rides, or at least just try to be there early and knock most of them out in the morning.

Henry Mystic

Author of "A Manor of Fact"
Screenshot 2023-04-23 at 2.00.17 AM.png

https://discoverycove.com/orlando/pricing/

If you want a longer SeaWorld type of experience I would definitely recommend the bundle they offer with Seaworld, Busch Gardens Tampa Bay, Aquatica, and Discovery Cove.

I'd say 1 day for SeaWorld is enough if you are there from open to close. Two couldn't hurt, but I personally wouldn't.

SeaWorld is more the type of park where visits are better spaced out. An annual pass where you visit multiple times a year would make more sense if you are close enough.

A lot has changed since you've last gone! If you're a coaster enthusiast you'll LOVE it!

Hope you have fun!

rd805

I was just there this past weekend, and you will kick yourself if you purchase for more than 1 day. Half the attractions were down, and even if they weren't it was still a 4-5 hour day with us dragging our feet. Don't go for 2, it's not worth it.

MatheusPG

2 days is the best way to get the most out of a SeaWorld trip, there are many new shows and new rides. If you have days to spare, I would recommend getting the three day tickets and visit Aquatica or Busch Gardens on the third day.

jannerUK

I think if you are doing a life time trip and factoring in Disney & Universal, tops you are taking 19-21 days on board. You could do 2 days but with factoring in all the parks you'll want to do D + U more times. There just isnt the capacity or need to add in SW for more than 1.

Eric Graham

SeaWorld is a very wonderful place. It's amazing to me how many thousands of wonderful animals that they've saved in the ocean. So much animal conservation. I believe they need to advertise this more. First off, I would definitely recommend Discovery Cove. We did a dolphin experience there which is a lot of fun, or you can just swim in the park all day. It's a private part of Sea World where they only allow a certain number of people there a day. At Discovery Cove, it used to be that you can eat and drink all day (not sure if that has changed. At the Sea World park, we did a penguin encounter also. And one ended up nipping my wife. Not much of a nip. So neat to see them up close. It may end up paying you back also if you get a membership to AAA. Pays also if you end up locking yourself out of the car. They also offer discounts to Disney and a plethora of other places. So, if you do a combo of Discovery Cove and Sea World I would allow 2 days. Otherwise, just one day. Have fun!

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom