SeaWorld hit capacity today, July 4

crazydaveh

Original Poster
The fireworks just ended here at Shamu's house. We pulled in around 830 and they were counting cars coming in because the park apparently at capacity all day. We got in as did everyone else who drove in.

---edit--- July 5, 105AM

The masses seemed to leave the park after the early firework show. We hung out at the Penguin Encounter and Pacific Pointe Preserve for about 30 minutes and the park was pretty much dead. I say that, but there was a Shamu Rocks show taking place on the other side of the park. We watched the 1045 fireworks show from the parking lot and made it back to Maitland by 11:15.

There were a lot of ed off tourists, we hung by the Bud Shop at the Waterfront for a while following the first firework show and they stopped letting people cut through the shop. One lady demanded from the young employee what the park was doing to make the traffic of people move better. He replied with a smile, "Mam, everyone is going the same way, I can't make them turn around or go faster." Another tired tourist demanded to speak with a "supervisor." The same employee said, "Sir, I'm sorry, he is dealing with a guest who passed out, can I help you with anything?" The tourist replied, "Make these people move faster!" The employee said, "OK, I'll start pushing that guy and you start pushing that lady and let's see if 20,000 people move faster!" The tourist had a priceless look on his face! I told the employee that was the best response he could have given. Yes, he was sarcastic, but some people have to realize when 20,000 people are going the same way, it's going to be congested!

I hope the everyone got their $70 worth! Crazy night!

CAPTAIN HOOK

I hope the tourists got their $70 worth! Stupid tourists!

While I thank you for your update about SeaWorld reaching capacity I HAVE to object to your closing remarks.

Now only you know whether it was made sarcastically or not - but its not nice.

I'm a tourist (as are probably 90% of the people on this site). Orlando and surrounding area would still be an undeveloped swamp if it weren't for tourists coming to the area, spending their leisure time and money. A tourist being anyone from out of the area who visits an area or attraction.

How do you know there "stupid tourists" were from out of state - did you ask, see their passports ?

So you see, us tourists help your economy. Don't label everyone with the same tar brush just because you happen to over hear a couple of silly remarks

:mad:

disney_nutter

hear hear captain hook.

I was at sea world yesterday and yeh it was packed as for the crowd controll some people just like to complain the systm they had set up worked and yeh if i few people complain so what its all part of the job.

crazydaveh

Original Poster
While I thank you for your update about SeaWorld reaching capacity I HAVE to object to your closing remarks.

Now only you know whether it was made sarcastically or not - but its not nice.:

Capt...

Sorry, I was being sarcastic and yes, you are right, not all tourists here in Orlando are stupid! I apologize to anyone out there who might have taken offense to it. Just a local venting at what I saw last night!

WickedQueen22

I live in a tourist community too so I hear you....

but it's tought to realize we need the tourists for the economys sake. If not for our tourists Cape Cod wouldn't have half the stores or restaurants we locals enjoy in the winter.

Not to say I love being behind one on the rotary...:brick:

crazydaveh

Original Poster
Is Aquatica hitting capacity every day still ?

This week, it did, if it hasn't, it's been close. When it has hit capacity, they've been reopening it around 3. We went a week ago Friday and AQ hit capacity that day. We arrived around 6:30 and walked on everything! It was great.

unkadug

Follower of "Saget"The Cult
It still amazes me that the people of Central Florida continue to bite the hand that feeds it.

Crazydaveh, I'm not calling you out individually, but this sentiment has been expressed several times by locals. There seems to be quite a lot of bitterness which I don't understand. Orlando owes most of its growth to the tourist industry.

But it's great to here that all the parks seem to be doing well and adding to the cash flow/tax base of the area.

EpcoTim

I don't take offense to what you said Dave. There are stupid tourists and intelligent, or at least understanding ones. And living in that town, its not easy to overlook the abundance of ignorance. I'm sure you didn't mean every tourist, but like everything in life you get all sorts. And it's tough to deal with someone who thinks they are the only one trying to leave a park/enter a park/get on a ride/etc. It's actually tough to comprehend sometimes how some people can just expect whatever they want in a crowd of thousands.

crazydaveh

Original Poster
I said what I said people! I can't take it back, though through technology, I can make it look PRish! :)

I didn't mean it to everyone! Of course, locals get frustrated with out of those from far away and those from far away sometimes get frustrated with locals... It happens everywhere.

I was just trying to explain the situation last night at Shamu's house. It was insane. Think about it. There were about 38,000 inside the park according to the in park count via telephone. Once the fireworks ended, most of those, who were gathered at the waterfront area, left the park. This meant at least 20,000 people left at the same time from the same area.

It was honestly insane. Most of the people were taking it in stride, but of course, you had those who went out of their way to be upset that they and many others were leaving at the same time. That's all.

If I upset you, sorry. Let me know when you are coming into town and maybe I'll buy you an adult beverage to make up for it, or maybe I'll help you out in the beer house, where I used to work... No cut off for me!

Figment1986

Busch gardens was close to capacity on the 4th as well.. imagine how bad it was, parking in prefered parking lot (brought a friend) and waiting an hour to get to the main road then get back to drop off / pick up (I was parked in the back of prefered parking with a handicap permit... it was that bad)

inside the park was not too bad, untill we all headed for Gwazi park for part of the concert and then fireworks... I can see how SWO was WORSE! the park has a strange funnel for getting guests to exit, esp right now with manta construction.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom