SeaWorld Clydesdales stable closing

a2grafix

Original Poster
Sad news. Last Saturday, Dec. 14, while at SeaWorld with a friend my mine and his son, I heard from an employee inside the Budweiser Clydesdale stable that the clydesdales will be removed and the stable closed up before the end of the year.

There were three horses in the stable - Prince, and two others. One horse was still available for pictures.

The employee said the horses were being moved back to St. Louis. On top of that, with the exception of the Budweiser beer product, all mention of Budweiser has been removed from "The Chalet." That includes the flowered Budweiser logo outside, the Bud gift shop, and the constant Budweiser commericals on the TV screens.

Figment1986

Sad news. Last Saturday, Dec. 14, while at SeaWorld with a friend my mine and his son, I heard from an employee inside the Budweiser Clydesdale stable that the clydesdales will be removed and the stable closed up before the end of the year.

There were three horses in the stable - Prince, and two others. One horse was still available for pictures.

The employee said the horses were being moved back to St. Louis. On top of that, with the exception of the Budweiser beer product, all mention of Budweiser has been removed from "The Chalet." That includes the flowered Budweiser logo outside, the Bud gift shop, and the constant Budweiser commericals on the TV screens.

In the announcement of the sale it was said the Clydesdales were leaving, since they were owned by AB's Marketing division or something like that...

I have herd the Tampa stable will be closing shortly after the new year... I wonder what stuff SeaWorld Orlando has in blue sky for that piece of land.. since it was pretty large.

a2grafix

Original Poster
After all this merger news -- with SeaWorld InBev, Universal/Comcast, Disney / Marvel, and Cedar Fair / Apollo (Dec. 17) -- images of SeaWorld sans Budweiser look was glaring. I've only visited SeaWorld twice -- in August 2008 and last week Dec. 11-16 2009 -- and although the rides and attractions are still there, the Budweiser influence is missing.

Loved the free beer in 2008, and downed four-five glasses of assorted Bud project and ate two Shamu pretzels while Tropical Storm Fay had her way with the park. The best 90 minutes of my day, next to the 60 minutes of holding my hands in the dolphin tank.

I was happy last weekend, though, that Busch was still recognizing the military, and giving me a free ticket for entry into the park. I even had the opportunity to stand up and be recognized during the Shamu day show. Shocked my friend's son. He did not know I was in the military.

Mouse Man

Love the Clydesdales and I truly hate to see them go. I always loved going to see them. It was a class act that will sadly be missed.

crazydaveh

The Clydesdales are gone, but they have been replaced with another type of horse. I can't remember the type, but they're big. Also, all names and branding that had anything to do with ABI is gone.

Figment1986

The Clydesdales are gone, but they have been replaced with another type of horse. I can't remember the type, but they're big. Also, all names and branding that had anything to do with ABI is gone.

:lookaroun go to the restroom and look at the sinks, it will take a long time for every last remnant to be removed.

Sleeping*Beauty

At Busch Gardens Williamsburg they replaced the Budweiser Clydesdales, with other clydesdales. They are still big and beautiful but, they weren't as commercial perfect as the Budweiser ones.

eddiemcgarrigle

Now this is a shame. Poor show from the new owners given how loved the Clydesdales are. I will certainly miss wowing the trainers as they always enquired about where I lived as soon as they heard my accent and they never expected to be told 'the Clyde valley'. Always nice to answer questions from excited trainers asking about the spiritual home of their Clydesdales.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom