Seasonal prices differences?

docdebbi

Original Poster
Want to cruise again, but having trouble picking a time, please help me out?
We went in the spring before because the kiddos were little and could take them out of school more easily. So now, might have to go in late June (they're in school until around June 23 every year) or July but don't know if this is traditionally a higher or lower priced time. With DCL, price does matter!!
Anyone with insight who would help me out?
(You know for a big enough price difference I'll let those suckers fail a year and repeat it ;))

Phonedave

You don't say where you want to go, and that does make a difference.

June - Nov is hurricane season in the Caribbean. Prices get cheaper as you get into the heart of the season. But of course there is the risk of hurricanes. Trip insurance takes care of any monetary losses, but your cruise could be disrupted. Having said that, I have sailed the Port Canaveral / Nassau / Castaway Cay itinerary 3 times during hurricane season (late July and early August) and had no problems with any of those trips.

-dave

ZapperZ

We went in the spring before because the kiddos were little and could take them out of school more easily. So now, might have to go in late June (they're in school until around June 23 every year) or July but don't know if this is traditionally a higher or lower priced time. With DCL, price does matter!!
(You know for a big enough price difference I'll let those suckers fail a year and repeat it ;))

Since the prices for DCL cruises for next year are all available, shouldn't you be able to do a quick overview simply by looking at the cost that corresponds to the particular cruise that you wish to take? It should give you a good idea on how the cost varies at different times of the year.

Please keep in mind that the price for the same stateroom level on the same cruise will vary throughout the year. What you see to be the price now, can often change 2 months later for that same cruise.

Zz.

DisneyJoe

Since the prices for DCL cruises for next year are all available, shouldn't you be able to do a quick overview simply by looking at the cost that corresponds to the particular cruise that you wish to take? It should give you a good idea on how the cost varies at different times of the year.

Please keep in mind that the price for the same stateroom level on the same cruise will vary throughout the year. What you see to be the price now, can often change 2 months later for that same cruise.

Zz.
Prices increase as the ship fills.

docdebbi

Original Poster

Zz.

they don't have summer 2020 out yet, and as said above, the prices go up to the closer you get to the cruise, so this summer prices are crazy high, but not sure if that's normal to be so much higher because it's summer, or because it's so close to cruise time.

Club Cooloholic

I did a lot of research and found Winter months pretty cheap. See if your kids have a few days off for in service days or something in January or February.

MotherofaPrincessLover

If kids are out of school, cruise prices are going to be much higher. I pull my daughter out of school for vacations but she is still young. I will have to reevaluate that as she gets older (but I'm hoping I'll still be able to pull her out).

NelleBelle

We used to pull our boys out of school and sail the tail end of hurricane season (Oct) or in January/Feb. But now we have a son who is in high school and it's not so easy to pull out of school. We've looked at cruising the first part of June but it is crazy how expensive DCL is when the summer starts and the schools let out. We're likely going to be priced out of DCL if cruising as a family due to how expensive it is during the times our kids our out of school. We now are having to look at other cruise lines for our son's 8th grade graduation for summer 2020 😢

ScoutN

OV 104
Premium Member
We used to pull our boys out of school and sail the tail end of hurricane season (Oct) or in January/Feb. But now we have a son who is in high school and it's not so easy to pull out of school. We've looked at cruising the first part of June but it is crazy how expensive DCL is when the summer starts and the schools let out. We're likely going to be priced out of DCL if cruising as a family due to how expensive it is during the times our kids our out of school. We now are having to look at other cruise lines for our son's 8th grade graduation for summer 2020 😢

With it sounding like two permanent ships going to Miami, I am hopeful that that will ease some of the demand put on just having two on the East Coast during Summer. All hope may not be lost year. The third new ship seems to be the Wild Card of where it will end up. So we may end up with 5 instead of 4 East Coast.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom