SeaCabs...?

HM999thGhost

Original Poster
I seem to have missed why but where did the SeaCabs go in the Living Seas??? I don't remember a reason of why they just disappeared...?? Seemed to be a "educational" attraction that was fun...no?? Someone please clue me in.. thanks :-D

Hakunamatata

Le Meh
Premium Member
HM999thGhost said:
I seem to have missed why but where did the SeaCabs go in the Living Seas??? I don't remember a reason of why they just disappeared...?? Seemed to be a "educational" attraction that was fun...no?? Someone please clue me in.. thanks :-D

They actually did not go anywhere. WDW management decided not to use them and just put a wall where the loading and unloading areas used to be. They are still there, just entombed in a water, well wooden grave.....

the-reason14

So they are actually still there, but there'es just some wall blocking them from the guest. Where is it where u used to boards the seacabs, was it before going into the Hydrolaters or is it somewhere in that big preshow room, blocked off by a wall. :veryconfu

JonnyK

IF I remember, you go down in the Hydrolaters and when you get out of it.. you'll notice a wall on the right.. thats where the sea cabs are.

gregburg

They are still there, I saw them last week while I was diving in the tank. They are using the area for storage as well. I could see stuff piled up on some of the cabs.

A CM told me that there is a plan to bring them back or re-claim the area, but it won't happen for a couple of years.

-Greg

General Grizz

Disney has already installed the hollograms which would have projected Nemo and friends into the Living Seas tank according to some sources. There *were* plans to bring the SeaCabs back, however, it was dubbed too expensive - a brand new leak was potentially found, and it will take QUITE the while for Disney to re-greenlight the project since they'd REALLY have to save up for it...

I've gotta photo of the vehicles. . just gotta find em.

Scooter

General Grizz said:
There *were* plans to bring the SeaCabs back, however, it was dubbed too expensive - a brand new leak was potentially found, and it will take QUITE the while for Disney to re-greenlight the project since they'd REALLY have to save up for it...

:lol: I doubt that a Corporation as big as Disney has to "Save up" for anything.

If they want to fix a leak and get the Sea Cabs going they WILL.

Someone at the top just doesn't think that the Sea Cabs are worth paying a handfull of full time castmembers to load and unload people.

RedBaron

I always liked the SeaCabs too, and always looked forward to a little ride. Then again the Living Seas was always one of my favorite attractions. Its kind of funny that we have a wonderful aquarium here in Chicago that I never go to, but never miss the chance to visit the Living Seas. :lol:

Hakunamatata

Le Meh
Premium Member
Heres a thought.

I actually have a battery powered circular saw. Do you think Disney would mind if I just went in and cut down the wall that was hiding the seacabs. Put up a garage sale sign and sold all the stuff they were storing on top of the seacabs. Give the ol' seacabs a good cleaning and proclaim them open for business?

I actually think its a good idea.

Fordlover

the-reason14 said:
So they are actually still there, but there'es just some wall blocking them from the guest. Where is it where u used to boards the seacabs, was it before going into the Hydrolaters or is it somewhere in that big preshow room, blocked off by a wall. :veryconfu
Somebody else from Houston, cool!

I saw them on my trip in March. I peaked inbetween a 2 foot wide gap in the wall, and a trash can was blocking the gap. When I leaned in over the trash can, I saw the line of sea cabs stationary, looking in pretty good condition. I'm not exactly sure where I was at, but it looked to me like I was inbetween the unload and load areas, since there was nothing to look at on the wall. It was lit up also, easy enough to see the cabs. Should have grabbed a photo, but I thought I was pushing the rules enough as it was, I'm still not real sure If I could get kicked out of the park for a something like that. And I know there are cameras everywhere.

Hakunamatata

Le Meh
Premium Member
Fordlover said:

I saw them on my trip in March. I peaked inbetween a 2 foot wide gap in the wall, and a trash can was blocking the gap. When I leaned in over the trash can, I saw the line of sea cabs stationary, looking in pretty good condition. I'm not exactly sure where I was at, but it looked to me like I was inbetween the unload and load areas, since there was nothing to look at on the wall. It was lit up also, easy enough to see the cabs. Should have grabbed a photo, but I thought I was pushing the rules enough as it was, I'm still not real sure If I could get kicked out of the park for a something like that. And I know there are cameras everywhere.

Welcome to the boards and howdy from a neighbor.

The only thing that would get you kicked out would be if you were in a restricted area or there was a temporary barrier up or something and you were way past it. I dont think they would care if you stuck you head/camera in to get a view/pic.

ASHWALES

Does Ne1 Have A Photo Of The Sea Cabs Or A Info On The Ride Im Sure I Must Have Been On Them But I Cant Remmber A Thing About Them

The leak argument simply doesn't float! If there were a leak, then the whole pavillion would be in serious trouble. Disney just needs to (sea)pony up the dough to the table and get the cabs taking fares again. Alright I've lost it! (But the message is right on point)

TimeTrip

IMO the sea cabs aren't worth bringing back unless the ride is seriously upgraded. What a tease that "ride" was. You were just getting settled in when you had to get out. The views you got from there aren't much better than you can get from the main standing viewing areas anyways. Sigh. I guess I'm in the minority tho :(

DarkMeasures

thedisneyfan said:
The leak argument simply doesn't float! If there were a leak, then the whole pavillion would be in serious trouble. Disney just needs to (sea)pony up the dough to the table and get the cabs taking fares again. Alright I've lost it! (But the message is right on point)

How do you explain all the pictures of water-damage in the pavilian then?

Thrawn

Account Suspended
DarkMeasures said:
How do you explain all the pictures of water-damage in the pavilian then?

A leak in a tank that size would be catastrophic. It would simply collapse. Especially if its "underneath" like the sea cabs are.

the-reason14

Fordlover said:

Yep, representing H-Town, lol.

OK, another question. So back before the seacabs were blocked off, when you exited the hydrolaters where you directed straight toward the seacabs and then after the ride you go into seabase alpha, or did you get to choose whether to ride or go on to seabase alpha.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom