sea world tours

dolphinmom

Original Poster
Hi there,

I am a newbie to this discussion board. We are heading to disney for the second time in 34 days ( but who is counting, right? haha).

Anyway, there are always lots of questions/answers about wdw itself but not so much about seaworld and universal. I live in Nova Scotia Canada so it is a huge deal to go to orlando because of the distance so we do the whole shooting match - wdw, seaworld, universal, and discovery cove.

So finally to my question. The tours that they offer at seaworld, like the wild artic tour where you can feel a piece of polar bear fur and pet a penguin, are they worth the extra time and money?

I would love to hear from anyone who has gone on them in the last 6 months or so.

TIA

dolphinmom:animwink:

wannaBmickey

I highley recommend Sea world. As for the tours there Ok, What you should have done is booked the Dolphin swin at Discovery Cove. But Thats booked. Have fun!

crazydaveh

The Polar Excursion tour at SeaWorld is the best of the three offered. Being in the penguin house is pretty cool, literally, and it's a lot of fun to pet a penguin.

You also get a real up close and behind the scenes look at the Wild Arctic area.

It's only something like $15 for adults. I highly recommend it.

CAPTAIN HOOK

We did the Polar Express Tour (I think thats what it was called) several years ago - I know - you wanted to hear from folk who had done it in the last 6 months :D . Anyway, it was a good few hours of a walking trip, ending with the penguin petting. We enjoyed it, found it informative and value for money.

dolphinmom

Original Poster
Hi there and thanks for the great replys, even the one from several years ago. haha

I am already booked at discovery cove for the dolphin swim. We did that the last time we were there 2 years ago and it was FANTASTIC. I highly recommend it despite the cost. I am more concerned about the time factor of these tours more than the cost because they are fairly minimal.

Does the polar one have the sample of polar bear fur to touch?

thanks again for the replys.

dolphinmom
:animwink:

zao

OMG im taking my gf to seaworld for her bday in 2 weeks, she LOVES penguins, can anyone give me any details on that pet a penguin deal!!!

zao

nevermind, it was easy enough to figure out... I made a reservation, its $18 a person, I think thats pretty cheap, I hope she loves it.

Number_6

My family and I did the Adventure Express tour which not only takes you behind the scenes for petting the penguin, but also gets you front of the line access on Wild Arctic, Journey to Atlantis and Kraken, along with reserved seating for two shows(one is supposed to be the show with Shamu, but since there has been a recent birth, that may or may not be happening). You also get lunch at the hospitality center and have reserved seating there as well. It was worth it at the time, I felt, since my family and I had a lot of fun.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom