Sea World has posted Reponse to Blackfish

Status
Not open for further replies.

stevehousse

Very glad Sea World finally released this! I have been reading lots of interviews online how a lot of the people who got involved or asked to be apart of the film were very upset when they learned the true intentions of the films as a propaganda piece and just how much the truth was twisted for personal gain of the director of the film!

919Florida

These are great responces and a lot of documetns cited to back up what they say and the video from Holly is very emotional. A special moment in her life was stolen from her when they used that video of her in that film. You can hear it in her voice when she speaks. And Mark's story. Very well said. A minute and thirty seconds just is not enough. i could listen to what these people have to say all day.

BuddyThomas

Not gonna take the bait. Not gonna take the bait. Not gonna take the bait........
Except to say that for a group that hates this movie so very much and that worked so diligently to get the previous thread locked (and congrats on that, by the way), y'all sure do love discussing Blackfish. PS--- all but two artists have now pulled out of that blues concert series.

Anyway, peace.

Now back to your regularly scheduled Bkackfish bashing.

919Florida

And those original two that stayed in more power to them because they had a backbone to stand up.

And for your information all concerts have been rebooked now. I can confirm that much. I personally don’t know who they are as that is a secret at the moment but it will not be released until just before the concerts so activist cannot harass them

luv

I feel badly for these everyday people who were taken advantage of and misrepresented, but I'm glad that they spoke up for themselves. Good for them. Can't be easy.

It is good that Sea World spoke up, I guess.

It will be so nice when this silly movie business is over and we can go back to regular old picketing by a few and enjoyment by everyone else. :)

ScoutN

OV 104
Premium Member
I feel badly for these everyday people who were taken advantage of and misrepresented, but I'm glad that they spoke up for themselves. Good for them. Can't be easy.

It is good that Sea World spoke up, I guess.

It will be so nice when this silly movie business is over and we can go back to regular old picketing by a few and enjoyment by everyone else. :)

Movie has had its hype and 15 minutes of fame. Boosted some numbers for the park. Just sad to see the greed some have.

The Empress Lilly

SEA caught with it's pants down.

Do you feel Sea World's fans have an unusually large and agressive presence on your website? This is owing to SEA's social media strategy, which employs more packs of bloodthisthy axe-wielders than a certain cove in Japan last week.

That's right, SEA's employees are paid to skew polls and to agressively try to control and sabotage online discussion about Blackfish:

Something's fishy with this SeaWorld/'Blackfish' poll

Enlarge

Could SeaWorld's spamming of OBJ's poll backfire in the midst of all the Blackfish controversy?

Richard Bilbao
Reporter-Orlando Business Journal
Email | Twitter
Something tells me SeaWorld may not have the best crisis management plan in place regarding the heated Blackfishdocumentary.

On Dec. 31, Orlando Business Journalposted a poll asking readers: "Has CNN's 'Blackfish' documentary changed your perception of SeaWorld?" As of midday Jan. 2, the results were staggeringly in favor of those saying the film hasn't had any impact on their perception of the parks — roughly 99 percent siding in SeaWorld's favor.

With all the heat SeaWorld has been receiving over the past couple of months,including the loss of musical acts, I decided to make sure the numbers weren't skewed by some computer bot set to constantly choose "No."

But imagine our surprise when we noticed that one single Internet Protocol Address (IP Address) accounted for more than 54 percent of the votes, or about 180 of the total 328 votes. IP Addresses are typically unique Internet identifiers given to a computer or series of devices — say a multi-computer network in your office.

And who's the owner of the domain name and company that address belong to? SeaWorld.com and SeaWorld Parks & Entertainment.​

Ouch. Ouch. Ouch.
More in the Orlando Business Journal

The Empress Lilly

SEA can squirm and squeal as much as a fatty salmon trying to escape the paws a Grizzly bear just out of hibernation with the hunger of, well, a giant huge bear who hasn't eaten in five months, but once the little girl has told the world that the Emperor isn't wearing any clothes no amount of Sea's yapping can change that anymore.

Blackfish has shown the world that at the heart of the orca show lies not a mysthical bond between man and nature, both becoming one. No, the heart of the show is an abused, stressed, mistreated mammal. Abused, broken and then paraded around.

Sea World's shows are beardancing, dressed up with rousing music about Believe and infantile New Age-y platitudes about conservation.

Bear dancing for the tourists. Spot the difference with the Shamu Shows!
Answers:
1) The bear handler is not a host of attractive young trainers in wetsuit
2) Not dancing to the New Age-y tunes of Believe
3) Not employed by a billion dollar cynical corporation spending millions to hide that 1 and 2 are the sole difference between it and this:

bear.jpg

The Empress Lilly

Not gonna take the bait. Not gonna take the bait. Not gonna take the bait........
Except to say that for a group that hates this movie so very much and that worked so diligently to get the previous thread locked (and congrats on that, by the way), y'all sure do love discussing Blackfish. PS--- all but two artists have now pulled out of that blues concert series.

Anyway, peace.

Now back to your regularly scheduled Bkackfish bashing.
Five million visited Sea World Orlando last year. Thirty million have seen Blackfish. The genie is out of the bottle.

Sea World is not going to go bankrupt, and the shows will not disappear overnight. But they will change. The current abuse will go just as much as lions jumping through hoops in circuses has disappeared. Because the mainstream audience in the civilised world now recognises it as animal abuse.

Who would take their children to this anymore:

china-circus-lion_1247520i.jpg

So why take them this:

whale-body-thumb-615x350-68041.jpg

Master Yoda

Pro Star Wars geek.
Premium Member
Bear dancing for the tourists. Spot the difference with the Shamu Shows!
Answers:
1) The bear handler is not a host of attractive young trainers in wetsuit
2) Not dancing to the New Age-y tunes of Believe
3) Not employed by a billion dollar cynical corporation spending millions to hide that 1 and 2 are the sole difference between it and this:

bear.jpg
You left out a few...
4. Whales do not have hot poker shoved through nose to install ring.
5. Whales are not doing unnatural behavior they don't already do in the wild.
6. Whales are taught to do natural behaviors on command through positive reinforcement.
7. Male whales are not castrated with no anesthesia.
8. The whales teeth are not removed with a hammer.

The comparison between the current treatment of captive whales and these dancing bears are as different as a Vietnam prison camp and and a celebrity rehab center in Malibu.

OFTeric

In the latest Unofficial SeaWorld Podcast we travel to Africa with Clay Carbajal Animal Ambassador from SeaWorld Texas and we look at how SeaWorld is helping to save the Painted Dogs of Africa. Incredible stuff

RandomPrincess

Keep Moving Forward
Original Poster
Who would take their children to this anymore:

china-circus-lion_1247520i.jpg

So why take them this:

whale-body-thumb-615x350-68041.jpg

Ringling Brothers (among other circuses) have sold out performances all over the USA. Plenty of people are still taking their kids to see trained animals in these shows that included lions and tigers and elephants.

Disney it's self is partnered with Feld entertainment who runs Ringling Bros and all the Disney on Ice Shows. I have not been able to find numbers for individual circus vs Disney on Ice just the over all number that 30 million people visited a Feld event last year. Also Ringling's attendance numbers are on the rise since 2009.

Last edited:

The Empress Lilly

In the latest Unofficial SeaWorld Podcast we travel to Africa with Clay Carbajal Animal Ambassador from SeaWorld Texas and we look at how SeaWorld is helping to save the Painted Dogs of Africa. Incredible stuff
And I've just send five dollars to help buy an education for orphaned Romanian girls.

What's that got to do with the subject of killer whale abuse though?

~ Except as SEA acting like an eight year old brat caught with his hand in the cookie jar and yapping he is really good at baseball ~

Status
Not open for further replies.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom