Sea World 1st visit

NewtoDisney2009

Original Poster
Hi again everyone! I'm still planning our first ever Sea World visit. I have been reading a lot of forums and I have two questions.
1. How will the crowds be July 20-25?
2. How have the shows changed sine the tragedy in February?

Thanks for your input!

Moritz Stiefel

Hi again everyone! I'm still planning our first ever Sea World visit. I have been reading a lot of forums and I have two questions.

Thanks for your input!

Ive heard that nothing has really changed.

To be honest the crowds are nice in july. It is busier then normal but seaworld never gets frustratingly crowded. Its rare that you ever get turned away from shows as well. ;):animwink::wave:

spacebaby

The last SeaWorld report I saw in the press stated that the Believe show had been modified slightly as the trainers were not allowed in the water with the whales - whether this is still the case or not I do not know but if so, it will make it a different show as the highlights were always the whale and trainer moments where they jump out of the water - but safety has to come first.

As for crowds, never been in July before but was there the week before Xmas and Shamu stadium was only 3/4 full so if they can't fill it at Xmas I imagine July will be comfortable also.

Enjoy the trip.

WDsMouse

Crowds should be okay in July. Worst part will be the weather - hot and probably rainy! Keep in mind if you want to do the rides that most do not operate with lightning in the area. That is true for most shows as well, actually. Hit the indoor shows (Pets Ahoy and A'llure) during the afternoon when it is really hot and most likely raining. The park is open until 10pm during summer nights, so be sure to catch the night shows as well, which are different than the day shows. These include the Clyde and Seamore show and Shamu Rocks.

The trainers still do not get into the water with the whales, as of this past weekend. I understand about safety, but they still get really close to the whales and they would have the opportunity to pull trainers in if they really wanted to. I think this was just a really unfortunate accident and they have to make sure they really know what went wrong. All other shows (dolphins, seals, etc) are operating as normal.

Have fun! We are annual passholders and love Sea World. It is a really beautiful, fun, and educational park.

NewtoDisney2009

Original Poster
another question

Thank you all! I'm sorry I'm just now replying, but for some reason, my computer wasn't showing your posts! I appreciate all the advice and I do have one more question. Does Sea World have water fountains around the park like Disney? Do they give free cups of water at the restaurants? Just wanting to know how much water I need to pack!

Thanks!:wave:

WDsMouse

You should find the water situation the same in sea world as it is in Disney. There are water fountains by all bathrooms and yes, cups of water are free. Be sure to request a large cup of water, otherwise they give you a kids cup :)

bamillerpa

We always do the Shark and the Penguin encounters in the afternoon too during the hottest parts of the day and plan to see the outdoor shows either during their earliest or their latest run. It cools us down and gives us a chance to get out of the sun during the worst part of the day. One more tip, Journey to Atlantis is a lot of fun and can cool you down if you're hot but if you don't want to walk around soaking wet I would suggest waiting until later to ride it. Of course, it was the perfect excuse to buy a new shirt last time we went when I was standing in the gift shop dripping water everywhere.:)

mickeymaniacs

I was curious about crowds too. We are going for the first time in May and were thinking of going on Mother's Day? Will it be as crazy there as it will be at Disney?

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom