Sea Raycers???

Johnnyboy

Sea Raycers - where to rent

I know there are a lot of places to rent these, even for off-site guests. We were planning on renting them at Downtown Disney (Marketplace, near the Rinforest). I don't know what that body of water is called.

Has anyone rented them there?
How are those?
Slower? Faster?
Anything good to see there?

We figured it would fill out the day at Downtown Disney.

sprocketfish

We rented the "wee boats" (as my family calls them; long story) last summer for about an hour... we had so much fun... my sisters and I each had our own boat and my parents rented one of the larger boats... it was just something different to do and my sisters and I had always wanted to go on them since we were little (now we are all twenty-somethings)... you get to see things from a different perspective in your own little boat...

mickster

Does anyone know what the current rates are?

My brother and I just got back about a week and a half ago. On our first day of the trip, we went to the Wilderness Lodge and rented two Sea Raycers for an hour. We paid about $25 each for 30 minutes (so a total of about $100 for an hour for two boats). It was worth every penny! I've done it tons of times, but it had been a few years, and my brother had never done it. I do agree with what others have posted that the boats do seem faster at the MK resorts than they do at other resorts, and the reasoning given for this does certainly make sense. Someone mentioned in this thread that the boats had been slowed down, but they actually seemed faster than I had remembered them to be.

I really think that renting the Sea Raycers is an absolute blast, especially in this location. I love how you can take them all over Bay Lake, which is huge. You can go past River Country, and around Discovery Island, and actually get reasonably close to both without getting in trouble. You can also take the boats over the water bridge and into Seven Seas Lagoon for some great views of Magic Kingdom, Grand Floridian, Polynesian, Contemporary and the wedding pavilion. There's also some little islands that you can circle. The really fun thing is to wait for one of the bigger vessels to go past, and then just open up the throttle and go flying over it's wake. That's a blast! One bummer is they no longer allow you to take cameras with you on the boats. I completely understand the reasoning for this, but I used to love bringing my camera and/or camcorder and getting some really unique perspective shots of some of the Magic Kingdom area landmarks.

I highly recommend doing the Sea Raycers if you have an extra 30 or 60 minutes to spare.

ImaYoyo

The boats at MK resorts have 9.9 HP, and other resorts/DTD are 5HP. Weight is a big factor in the speed of these boats, so go with 1 person per boat if you can.

Current rates are as follows:

Retail DVC Member Adult (3-100 yrs)USD33.79 (hour)
Retail Per 30 Minutes Adult (11-100 yrs)USD23.47
Retail Per 45 Minutes Adult (11-100 yrs)USD32.86
Retail Per 60 Minutes Adult (11-100 yrs)USD37.55

All prices do not include tax.

And Cast Members can use their 50% marina discount with no block-outs.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom