SE is SOOO Uncomfortable!

DisneyWonders07

Actually, I think the ride is very interesting and it's probably one of my favorites. I think it would be a shame if they changed the scenery and everything. Although they could use a better sound system, and probably more comfy seats. But then again I'm just too interested in the ride to even notice if I'm uncomfortable or not!:lol:

dreamer

Originally posted by dennikoon
While the nostalgia set goes head to head with the thrill ride group on the Spaceship Earth speculation, no one has said anything about how uncomfortable and noisy the ride system is! I can not hear the "education" portion of the attraction because the sound system is so poor and the ride makes so much noise. I think it is ironic that this attraction does such a bad job communicating the point. Tower of Terror and Rock n Rollercoaster proved that you can have a smooth well timed attraction with excellent sound that can, in TOT's case, adapt and change as needed. The fact that these are "thrill rides" seems to miss the point; control and application of the latest technology enhances the ability to adapt an attraction to suit the needs, be them to thrill, educate or entertain. This, to me, is what will make EPCOT a better park. It is not the Nostalgia park. Imagination and Inovation should be a part of every attraction, not just certain pavilions. Isn't anyone else unimpressed by the finale of SE that predicts that one day we will be able to phone from anywhere and we will have education by video?

And that trip back down is, literally, a pain in the neck!

I agree with everything you said here.

A lot of people who post on this forum side with personal sentiment over progress, though. They are right to the extent that Disney must not change to the point where it loses what made it special in the first place.

dennikoon

Original Poster
While I stand by my"pain in the neck (not back)" comment, my initial point is that Epcot should be the park that utilizes the best technology available. The park is in trouble now because these rides sat unchanged for so long while everything from content to ride systems made leaps and bounds. Look at Horizons. Instead of keeping on top of the attraction, they just let it waste away until the issue of a new attraction was forced. This is not what is happenning with Tower of Terror which sees regular attention so the attraction still seems fresh after 10 years, not just rehab-ed once every ten years. I am sure the reason for this is that TOT draws guests and money. Surely this lesson should be applied to the park dedicated to innovation.

The Magic Kingdom is a cash cow. The other parks are not and deserve regular attention that will keep them vital and competative. As Disney fans, we should push to make sure that Epcot steps forward to do what ever it will take to make the park attractive to guests again. As much as we all love short lines, being the only person in sight on SE is just a bit creepy to me. I would prefer to be part of an experience envolving more people, more excitement, more anticipation.

Like everything else on this site, just my two cents.

Dizknee_Phreek

and your 2 cents might just be right, dennikoon! point well taken, in my book!
one thing about Horizons though....word has it, it would've had to be torn down regardless due to a sink hole (or what not) that it was accidentially built on. supposedly, they have now fixed that problem.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom