SE Coaster

Main Street USA

Originally posted by Michael72688
Sorry everyone but, SE sucks, it has to go! I hate riding a ride that creeks and goes over bumps every second, it like 20 years old, come on now, I was at IOA yesterday and there isn't one ride I dont like there, when I go to Epcot there only 1 ride I like there, if they opened a rollercoaster to replace SE I know for a fact that it would once again attract thrill seekers to Epcot, if they dont do this they have to do something, the park is boring and needs to change!

Yeah, uh, how old are you? Exactly. IOA was built for simple thrill seeking young people. Epcot was built for families and for entertainment and educational benefit, something that most teens don't understand.

Chad

Yeah, I think that a true THRILL coaster won't work at all, thats why I'm definetly thinking i was my second idea..Slow...then a few seconds offast hrough a scene, then slow again, whch, come to think o it, wouldn't be a bad thing. It'd keepthe general theme of the ride practically the same, do away with the bumpy track, and be a bit more fast-paced, while still being tame enough for younger kids. If they did it properly then I'm all for it.

BTW, doesn't Japan Have a RnR coaster clone that is themed to 'connecting to the internet'? I remember reading it somewhere..

Elaine

SE

If they change SE to a coaster it wouldn't make me stay away from the whole park but I'd never see the inside of it again. If they make a lot of changes all over the park to make it a thrill seekers park I'd probably not go there. There are plenty of thrill parks in Fla. they don't have to ruin Epcot to make it more attractive.

Justin

Re: SE

Originally posted by Elaine
If they change SE to a coaster it wouldn't make me stay away from the whole park but I'd never see the inside of it again. If they make a lot of changes all over the park to make it a thrill seekers park I'd probably not go there. There are plenty of thrill parks in Fla. they don't have to ruin Epcot to make it more attractive.

One Ride.. wouldn't change one park.. Dont worry they wouldn't go that far.. And we know for sure that its said to be "more thrilling"

Luau Cove

I sounds a little too much they'll change SE into a coaster. Do you really think Disney is willing to take such a risk? I know they took some wrong decissions in the past, but this is too much. It's like spoiling everything they've been trying to show their visitors since ever. I mean, if they remake it or change it for something equally meaningful that's another story, I understand it, but a coaster?! As a park icon??? This same people chose the TREE OF LIFE a few years ago for AK, so do you think they actually will agree a coaster in EPCOT is a significant icon?

-->Luoh

Dandyboing

Originally posted by Justin
Agreed, Coasters in Sphere's do suck! look at this Europe is such a copy mir!

http://rcdb.com/installationgallery973.htm?Picture=4

Spin up, Spin down.

Woot.

Usually on a coaster, no matter how much you like it, you're always frazzeled in teh front seat.

http://rcdb.com/installationgallery973.htm?Picture=9

That girl looks a bit too calm.

I hope they don't make SE too thrilling, it was kinda nice to ride that at the end of the day, as it was rather calming (I think someone even fell asleep on it once, I kept hearing this rather odd noise.)

Tim G

Re: imagineers get back on track

Originally posted by i_miss_20k
disney has shown some consistency by rehabbing attractions at epcot into "thrill rides" w/o making them entirely cliche. every generic theme park has rockin' roller coasters and free-fall towers. none (any?) have anything that matches the test track or soon to be completed M:S.

DCA 'sgot a generic freefall, a very basic one..

It'll shoot you way up... and down, and up and down...

boring...

Michael72688

Originally posted by Main Street USA
Yeah, uh, how old are you? Exactly. IOA was built for simple thrill seeking young people. Epcot was built for families and for entertainment and educational benefit, something that most teens don't understand.

I'm 14, and if Epcot was about "families" wouldn't there be things to do for everyone in the family (including thrills) last time I checked teens were part of the family!

Dandyboing

Originally posted by Michael72688
I'm 14, and if Epcot was about "families" wouldn't there be things to do for everyone in the family (including thrills) last time I checked teens were part of the family!

Heh, you have it wrong again.

Family as a whole, not the indivudial people of a family.

JRead

Originally posted by Dandyboing
Heh, you have it wrong again.

Family as a whole, not the indivudial people of a family.

There are families with two adults and two teenagers that enjoy going on thrill rides together. Why does everyone hear family and think a 6-year old kid and an 8-year old kid? In 7 years that family is headed to IOA if DIsney doesnt have anything for them.

jaylenofan86

My family has two adults, one 16 year old, and one 13 year old. We all love Disney and hate IOA because Disney has the magic, that good feeling, the IOA doesn't have.

JRead

jaylenofan86-- Im sure thats the case with many people, but there are also many people that are ditching disney for IOA. Plus, what about people who go to Disney for their honey moon? You do not NEED kids to be considered a family. And why can't a group of friends wanting to go to a theme park together be considered one? WDW is certainly big enough to have a split between dark rides and thrill rides so that there's enough for everyone.

ToTBellHop

Originally posted by Corrus
Read my lips....

There is NOT a coaster planned for Spaceship Earth.....!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Don't go screaming at me before you have read the rest of my posts. I actually was one of the guys vehemently against a coaster, stating that it would never happen. Find someone else to try and condescend...(referring to the underlined, bolded statement with 13 exclamation points and the obnoxious "read my lips")

madape89

Originally posted by dreamer
They may gain a few, but they'd lose a lot more. Thrill rides are a dime-a-dozen nowadays. You can find them within a few hours drive of almost anywhere in the country.

You can't find Epcot anywhere in the world but Epcot.

So if you'd rather go to the closest Six Flags I'm sure Disney will survive without you.

My sentiments EXACTLY! If you want thrills during your Disney visit, you already have Space Mountain, Tower of Terror, and Rock-n-Roller Coaster, and I am sure more thrill rides will find there way into the other parks in the coming years. However, they do NOT belong in EPCOT.

kennyj29

Coaster

I think your totally wrong to say it doesn't belong in Epcot, I for one would love to see a coaster in Epcot. Something like the Matterhorn, etc. Why should they be exempt! I totally disagree with you, I think Epcot needs some sort of coaster BUT NOT in SE. Something in the back by the countries. Like Japan.......but something like Mt. Fuji in or something that would fit with a country. Epcot, needs something fun in it also. I'm not saying make it a thrill park! I'm saying one wouldn't hurt if it was in there.

Dandyboing

Originally posted by JRead
There are families with two adults and two teenagers that enjoy going on thrill rides together. Why does everyone hear family and think a 6-year old kid and an 8-year old kid? In 7 years that family is headed to IOA if DIsney doesnt have anything for them.

Familys with kids of any ages, they want to make teh rides good for people 1-100, not just family with teenagers, familys with little kids etc.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom