SE Coaster

Sketch105

Its only a rumour, ladies and gentlemen. From one website, no less. No disrespect to wdwmagic, but since there is no proof, I have a right to be skeptical. As much as I enjoy a good rumour, I'm really quite skeptical about this one.

ToTBellHop

Originally posted by Sketch105
Its only a rumour, ladies and gentlemen. From one website, no less. No disrespect to wdwmagic, but since there is no proof, I have a right to be skeptical. As much as I enjoy a good rumour, I'm really quite skeptical about this one.

I tend to agree...I would wager we will NOT be seeing a roller coaster inside Epcot, ESPECIALLY when we already know Forbidden Mountain is a coaster project (whether or not it gets built is one thing, but we do know the proposal involves a coaster). I do not see Disney building two coasters at once with the vast wealth of thrill rides available.

no2apprentice

Originally posted by DogsRule!
I do not see Disney building two coasters at once with the vast wealth of thrill rides available.
Valid point...but, did you ever really think WDW would build a midway-themed area in one of their parks? Be honest, now...:)

ToTBellHop

Originally posted by no2apprentice
Valid point...but, did you ever really think WDW would build a midway-themed area in one of their parks? Be honest, now...:)

No, but at least they didn't replace anything phenomenal with Dino-Rama (they replaced a big tent...I heard very few complaints about the loss of the tent...). I'm not saying Disney won't build a coaster at Epcot--I would be thrilled to see one (like the proposed Matterhorn remake in World Showcase that seems to be going to Animal Kingdom, now)--just not inside Spaceship Earth. I give the Imagineers a lot of credit. They would not propose a downright slaughter of one of their proudest creations. Does it need to be redone? Yes...it is getting out-dated and the Omni-mover is VERY loud now...but there is a right and a wrong way to redo it. I pray WDI learned from Journey Into Imagination and won't mess this one up...if they think they got complaints about JII...imagine what they would get it the attraction inside the park's icon were a flop...but this involves a LOT more money than JIYI did...WDI will do what's right.

rzalaskus

Time Racers was the original name for the ill-fated Rocket Rods at Disneyland (the name never made it past the drawing board). Appearantly Disney is now recycling names.

ToTBellHop

Originally posted by rzalaskus
Time Racers was the original name for the ill-fated Rocket Rods at Disneyland (the name never made it past the drawing board). Appearantly Disney is now recycling names.

It's only a project name...99% chance that the attraction, if built, will go under a different name. The original Time Racers name change came about because Rocket Rods, in its final version, told no story. The original version was to be heavily themed...and involve time travel. It was to be Timekeeper on speed...Paul Pressler takes full blame for its demise--too many budget cuts ruined a VERY expensive ride.

ToTBellHop

Lucky for us, Rasulo is a pretty good guy, who has been spending the months since he became head of the resorts to get briefings on how the company actually works...plus we already have news that he is trying to get the new Magic Kingdom fireworks off the ground (no pun intended)...at least he is making an effort to understand how everything works in an effort to fix problems with the Resorts.

JTinCT

SE coaster logic

My opinion is logical.... the sheer force of a coaster in SE would throw it off its legs.... plus the sound of a coaster would be heard anywhere in future world.... remember, RnR coaster is really backstage and in a sound protected building

disneydisney

I am sorry if someone already said this cuz I have not read over all the post yet but.......I think if they were going to put a thrill ride in EPCOT, they should make Swizerland with a similar mountain as Matterhorn, even though they said they didnt want to use the Matterhorn from DL, I think it would be perfect. Just looking over the lagoon and you see this big mountain with snow on it and be a nice place to cool down after walking over there and alot more for that area i could think of. That's what I think.

ToTBellHop

Originally posted by disneydisney
I am sorry if someone already said this cuz I have not read over all the post yet but.......I think if they were going to put a thrill ride in EPCOT, they should make Swizerland with a similar mountain as Matterhorn, even though they said they didnt want to use the Matterhorn from DL, I think it would be perfect. Just looking over the lagoon and you see this big mountain with snow on it and be a nice place to cool down after walking over there and alot more for that area i could think of. That's what I think.

It actually looks as though a much more high-tech and larger version of Disneyland's Matterhorn Bobsleds will be appearing at Animal Kingdom in 2005-6.

Chad

I know I'm jumping in a bit late but..
I can see how they can logistically pull it off without running into to many snags. Just do it..Backwards. Spaceship Earth is made up of a bunch of spiralng floors with that nice, long, backwards and steep decent at the end. Just turn the backwards decent into lift hill, ad then let the coaster travel down the spiraling floors. The Floors are pretty wide in some sections...and if you use a coaster with a thin track (like space mountain) You could send it into a few helixes ad get plenty of air time.

I could see this going two ways.

1. A dumb, poorly done ride themed to connecting to the internet..You reach the top you hear the 'handshake' (the noises that a modem makes when you sign on) Then start a high speed coaster into cyber space. There'd probably be the occasonal screen, showing e-mail or the newest AOL version (as they would no doubt be the sponser)

2. Or...they could actually pull it off. Have a slow moving coaster, that has part of the track that move at the normal, slow speed, then have it accelrate to around 20mph (perhaps have an extended 'fall of rome' sequence, where you'd fly through the battle scenes or something, complete with the smell of burning hot dogs at the end) Then, slow back down, go through the rest of the ride, and speed up gain, as say, we 'leap' into the communication era..you can hopefully see where I'm going with this

Just my thoghts..

The_CEO

You know... If they DID " gut " SE.. You would have plenty of space for more then just a spiral and helixes for the coaster.

Justin

Originally posted by The_CEO
You know... If they DID " gut " SE.. You would have plenty of space for more then just a spiral and helixes for the coaster.

Yeah you would also have room for the station! :lol:

Justin

Yeah thats probably true, but i dont think we'll be seeing a coaster in SE. the possibilities are slim but its cool to think of what you couldf it in there even though we wont go there.

I was jp about the station thing again "tryign to be funny" :(
lol...

I bet "if youc ould make a coaster" in there they would probably have the station in around there. and then maybe a possible lift up through the center area like Eurostar.

Or would what would be tight if they could make a vertical lift hill launch it and spiral it down and have it like an indoor Volcano type of ride.... Ive always thought of ideas like that... Oh well its not gonna happen so i guess we can take our reality pill now...
:brick: :brick: :p

Michael72688

Sorry everyone but, SE sucks, it has to go! I hate riding a ride that creeks and goes over bumps every second, it like 20 years old, come on now, I was at IOA yesterday and there isn't one ride I dont like there, when I go to Epcot there only 1 ride I like there, if they opened a rollercoaster to replace SE I know for a fact that it would once again attract thrill seekers to Epcot, if they dont do this they have to do something, the park is boring and needs to change!

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom