SDMT POV Video Observations

After watching the ride POV video, has the SDMT lived up to your expectations?

• Total voters

MonorailMan

Original Poster
http://www.wdwmagic.com/attractions...-area-and-full-inside-show-scene-and-lift.htm

So, throughout the duration of the SDMT POV video, there was a few details and such that were a bit of a surprise to me... First, the lifts. They seem to be very loud and very jerky, similar to those on BTMRR. Second, the ride has so much scenery to it. As a whole, this ride seems that it is likely one of the most heavily themed rides that Disney has to offer. And third, the indoor "dark" section of the ride is not a great, extravagant, long, etc. as it would have been thought to be. The POV video shows that the "dark" portion of the ride is only about 45 seconds long, which seems like it doesn't do this ride justice... What are your thoughts on the points above and what else in the video came as a surprise to you?

Nland316

I actually love the ride as a whole. It has beautiful scenery and amazing animatronics! While I wish the dark ride portion was longer, it still was effective in the final product. It is a perfect mix actually. The only issue I have is that there should have been on-ride audio. There are very awkward transitions between the indoor/outdoor scenes. They could've continued the music after the final drop. It would've greatly changed the experience for the better.

danlb_2000

Premium Member
http://www.wdwmagic.com/attractions...-area-and-full-inside-show-scene-and-lift.htm

So, throughout the duration of the SDMT POV video, there was a few details and such that were a bit of a surprise to me... First, the lifts. They seem to be very loud and very jerky, similar to those on BTMRR. Second, the ride has so much scenery to it. As a whole, this ride seems that it is likely one of the most heavily themed rides that Disney has to offer. And third, the indoor "dark" section of the ride is not a great, extravagant, long, etc. as it would have been thought to be. The POV video shows that the "dark" portion of the ride is only about 45 seconds long, which seems like it doesn't do this ride justice... What are your thoughts on the points above and what else in the video came as a surprise to you?

I have to disagree on the lifts. In that video there is some noise when the trains first hit the lift but after that I can't hear any lift noise on either one.

donsullivan

Premium Member
I have to disagree on the lifts. In that video there is some noise when the trains first hit the lift but after that I can't hear any lift noise on either one.

That is exactly correct. I was standing right above the first curve within site of the first lift hill for nearly an hour tonight scouting possible new location(s) to photograph Wishes over the mountain and saw countless trains go by. There is a little bit of noise when the chain first grabs the train and then it is extremely quiet (very much like EE) the rest of the hill. That is based on watching/hearing a few dozen trains go up the first lift hill tonight.

MonorailMan

Original Poster
True... The lifts aren't too noisy except for when the train first hits the lift. But the main point I was really trying to get was that the lifts seem the be very jerky (at first), which reminded me a lot of BTMRR and how it gets annoying after a few rides...

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom