ScreenCrush: Making of the 2002 “The Country Bears” Movie

yeti

I’d actually watch a remake of The Country Bears if they did it like a sad “where are they now” rockumentary

“Things weren’t the same since Al left us…I wish I could tell you that he left a great big puddle of blood on the ground. I wish I could tell you that.”

the.dreamfinder

Original Poster
I’d actually watch a remake of The Country Bears if they did it like a sad “where are they now” rockumentary

“Things weren’t the same since Al left us…I wish I could tell you that he left a great big puddle of blood on the ground. I wish I could tell you that.”
Don’t worry Disney’s got you covered with that live action Chip and Dale Rescue Rangers.

Figments Friend

I saw 'The Country Bears' in a theatre on opening weekend.
I loved it...in all it's quirky moments.
Oh yes, it's a bit unusual, but those Bears puppeteers and suit performers were great.

Still have all of my Bears plush from the Disney Store on display.
My best friend owns the purple fur collared jacket that 'Trixie' wore in the movie.
'BEARS ROCK'!

-

brb1006

I saw 'The Country Bears' in a theatre on opening weekend.
I loved it...in all it's quirky moments.
Oh yes, it's a bit unusual, but those Bears puppeteers and suit performers were great.

Still have all of my Bears plush from the Disney Store on display.
My best friend owns the purple fur collared jacket that 'Trixie' wore in the movie.
'BEARS ROCK'!

-
As a person who still owns the original DVD. Loved the in-character commentary with the Bears.

brb1006

I'd still like for them to do an animated Country Bears movie that incorporates more characters and elements from the attraction.
I would love to see an animated series focused on the Country Bears complete with decent country bears. After all, Disney+ needs more park related content and animation would be perfect for stuff based on popular attractions from the parks. After all, S.E.A. is currently getting a series. Just hope it's 2D animated though.

Snow Queen 83

I've never seen the movie and judging by the photo that was good decision. They look cheesy like the reindeers added into The Santa Clause movies.

Cmdr_Crimson

Few other facts..
This was Peter Hastings first film as he was a director on Tiny Toon Adventures and creator of Pinky and the Brain.

Paul Rugg was a writer for the film and had a cameo as a news reporter. He is also the voice of Freakazoid and Ned from Earth to Ned
MV5BNjVhMTNmZjUtMzg0OC00MGZjLTg1NDEtOTg2MjNkNTBmMWNhXkEyXkFqcGdeQXVyMTIyMDg4NzQ@._V1_.jpg

Also, voice actor Jess Harnell known for Brer Rabbit, Wakko Warner and many Disney Attractions has a cameo in film which he explains here..

TikibirdLand

Plus they did have the TV special on ABC which is also on the films DVD of the Concert for America which just replayed the songs from the film..

Would LOVE to see the Jamboree updated with music like this. Can you imagine an Allman Brothers / Eagles tribute using Country Bears? I'd put that on par with a Blues Brothers tribute any day! Thanks for the clip, Cmdr!

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom