Screamscape: Possible Buy Out of Universal for Marvel Theme Park Rights?

Captain Chaos

I was glad I found it. The misinformation has been a pet peeve of mine as well.

I still think long-term Disney would be smart to buyout the deal if the price was right. It might be cost prohibitive as Lee has said, but I think long-term it would make sense. The only thing the contract doesn't tell us is how much Disney (via Marvel) is actually getting from Universal. If it was a smaller amount then I would think it makes more sense to do a buyout. Universal could re-theme the land and have Disney pay for it. :)

I agree... I do still think, within 2 years, Disney will buy out the rights... Whether it is a smart move or not, who knows....

This is where it gets really expensive for Disney. They will be paying for something big and new to replace Marvel Superhero Island, a nice little extra profit and the cost to build at Walt Disney World. It will be hard to justify paying out enough for a whole new land just to build some meet and greet shelters.

And yes, this will be expensive... VERY expensive... But it may be money Disney is willing to part with... They could reap huge returns with Captain America and Thor next year along with an epic Avengers movie... And if Disney does spend the money to buy the rights back, hopefully they do more than, as you put it,, build some meet and greet shelters... If that is all they do, then leave Marvel at IOA...

That is as likely to happen as dianey buying an ownership share of the property from comcast..

Well, with what it would cost Disney to buy back the rights, Universal may be able to retheme that area on that money....

AEfx

I mean you can call it a stretch all you want. Doesn't change the fact that that is what the park is based off of. The only attraction in the park that isn't based off of a literary entity is Dudley Do-Right.

Literature is the underlying theme of Islands of Adventure.

If that is true then can you please point me to the advertising, documentation, or other official source that says so?

Because I can't find one.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom