Screamscape: Expanded River Country could become Pirate themed waterpark environment

Hummer1676

from fellow Cast Members and others on Disney Property. There is no plans to rehab River Country or Discovery Island. The land for River Country is going to be used for part of the 4 seasons hotel and golf course. That is at least the rumor I have heard from more than one source.

That is not true. River Country is basically part of the Wilderness Camp Ground. It will remain as is until they are forced from the FDEP to clean it up. I don't changing into anything for a while. There is plenty of land around it for future growth but as for right now, I don't see them doing anything with it.

DisneyMusician2

A third waterpark is completely unnecessary...but no one seems to want to hear that :brick:

If it was, a pirates park would probably be too close to TL, and would not represent anything innovative in its theming.

That cash is better spent other places in the parks.

Fun2BFree

A third waterpark is completely unnecessary...but no one seems to want to hear that :brick:

Not really when you think how quickly the waterparks fill up in peak season. Though there is the question of what to do off-season, although they could simply open one and refurb two in periods.

Me, I'm thinking about the waterpark version of Disneysea's Mysterious Island, mostly indoors (for the winter) with a lazy river that goes through rock caverns and several slides through the volcano and it's surroundings. Think of using the Crush 'n' Gusher technology to rocket to the center of the earth before plunging out the side of the volcano, or escaping the sinking Nautilus by transparent water flume, passing swimming guests!

Me likey. :king:

WDWFigment

Didn't somebody throw up a TL map the other day that showed 40% of the park still set aside for future development???

Yes, this was discussed last week when there were rumors of another attraction opening near Crush 'n' Gusher. It seems rumors about Typhoon Lagoon expansion are persistent, if not consistent, so I think something is likely to happen there during the annual refurbishment. What isn't exactly relevant.

If Disney can increase the capacity of TL by 10-15%, I would bet that a new waterpark would be unnecessary. Increase the capacity of the ones you have, clean up River Country, and focus on other projects that are more pressing currently.

aladdin2007

At one time wasnt Disney planning on building a new resort between Wilderness Lodge and River Country? I think it was going to be called Disneys Wilderness Junction Resort, or Disneys Buffalo Junction Resort, something like that. So there is room in that area for expansion one day?

joel_maxwell

Permanent Resident of EPCOT
Yes, this was discussed last week when there were rumors of another attraction opening near Crush 'n' Gusher. It seems rumors about Typhoon Lagoon expansion are persistent, if not consistent, so I think something is likely to happen there during the annual refurbishment. What isn't exactly relevant.

If Disney can increase the capacity of TL by 10-15%, I would bet that a new waterpark would be unnecessary. Increase the capacity of the ones you have, clean up River Country, and focus on other projects that are more pressing currently.
do you remember the title of the thread? id like to see that image

Hummer1676

do you remember the title of the thread? id like to see that image

Here's one thing that blows my mind about the waterparks and hotels. I am not sure why they never connect some of the hotels to the waterparks! I mean come on! All the rest of the parks have walkways to hotels. I would build a hotel close to the waterpark and sell it as being close to the waterparks. How cool would it be to get in a lazy river and have it take you to the enterance of the water park. Just a thought. I guess thats why i don't make the big bucks!:shrug:

JimboJones123

picture2ve2.png

From Jose Eber

head mouse

Yeah, it COULD, if it was torn down to the ground, separated from the lake totally, and then completely rebuilt. In addition to adding lots more parking and increasing the size to make it large enough to handle the crowds that would come.

But if they were going to do all that, they could just as well build it anywhere on property.

Wouldn't take all that. Maybe more parking to handle the crowds but why would you have to separate it from the lake? I am sure Disney could do it.

lilmizpixie3

I don't like this rumor. If they were to do anything with River Country, I would hope they would stay with the rustic sense that is Fort Wilderness. I don't think a Pirate themed water park would fit in at all. They should just fix it up, add a couple more slides, and make it back into the down home watering hole that it once was.

csmat99

Disney does need another water park, especially with Aquatica opening up next year. They need to create a unique water park that will keep people on site and also bring out the locals.

head mouse

Disney does need another water park, especially with Aquatica opening up next year. They need to create a unique water park that will keep people on site and also bring out the locals.

Disney does not need another anything, but the more they add the more they can charge.

wickedfan07

Me, I'm thinking about the waterpark version of Disneysea's Mysterious Island, mostly indoors (for the winter) with a lazy river that goes through rock caverns and several slides through the volcano and it's surroundings. Think of using the Crush 'n' Gusher technology to rocket to the center of the earth before plunging out the side of the volcano, or escaping the sinking Nautilus by transparent water flume, passing swimming guests!

Me likey. :king:

Me likey, too! That's a really neat idea. I'd go to that waterpark.

Bluewaves

Its more credible to expand TL than to build a 3rd water park or rehad RC, not to mention all the infastructure is there you don't have to have that many more CM's to add on to a park that is already operating, with a new park you have to hire a whole staff, from parking lot attendents to ticket takers, to management, to attration cm's, so on and so forth, so I don't see it happening anytime soon, but hopefully more TL expansion in the future.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom