Scooters gone wild!

Status
Not open for further replies.

CaptainWinter

before the lock...at MK last week, a guest on a scooter tried to power through a thick MSEP crowd and ran right into my (sandaled) foot. I had my kid on my shoulders -- thank goodness she didn't knock us over over. Anyhow, the guest apologized to me, which I appreciated, but I can attest that those suckers are pretty heavy. I had a ripe scratch on my foot for the rest of the trip.

rsoxguy

52.gif

Apparently, this is going to remain unusually civil, and is in danger of not being locked. As a service to those who expected a lock, I shall now attempt to start a controversy.

"Hey you, too lazy to type the words? Too important to go beyond abbreviations?"

There, a lock should follow shortly. "You're welcome."

unkadug

Follower of "Saget"The Cult
Apparently, this is going to remain unusually civil, and is in danger of not being locked. As a service to those who expected a lock, I shall now attempt to start a controversy.

"Hey you, too lazy to type the words? Too important to go beyond abbreviations?"

Yes and yes....:D

Bob Saget

^I like the effort.:cool: And just in case your tactic of lockage fails to acheive results, this should do it:

P.s. Has anyone ever pool-hopped, and why?

rsoxguy

Hey Bob, I know that we were both joking and all, but I've been around here long enough to know that you've crossed a line that might get you into trouble. My friendly advice is that you hit the "edit" button. Like now.

Bob Saget

Hey Bob, I know that we were both joking and all, but I've been around here long enough to know that you've crossed a line that might get you into trouble. My friendly advice is that you hit the "edit" button. Like now.
Much thanks, and advice taken!

(and to anyone wondering, it wasn't anything vulgar or obscene, just so you know).

Animaniac93-98

I hear Disney will be introducing toddler sized scooters so that the parents can sit down and take a break while jr. drives around unsuperivised. Truly the fulfillment of Walt's desires said the Monobus driver who told me all about it.

MerlinTheGoat

It's a shame people do abuse the system when they don't actually need to. Especially when there are people who actually ARE handicapped or have serious problems walking. My mother is one of the real deals (arthritis and getting older), and it's not even something she enjoys having to use (she'll insist on walking whenever she can, though with a cane and very slowly). Depends on the day and the weather as well as other factors. Though in general we don't even get electric scooters, wheelchairs are my preference since I don't mind pushing it.

Clamman73

I hear Disney will be introducing toddler sized scooters so that the parents can sit down and take a break while jr. drives around unsuperivised. Truly the fulfillment of Walt's desires said the Monobus driver who told me all about it.

That would've been hilarious in the new Dumbo queue area

Tom Morrow

Scooters can be annoying, but they don't grant special access to anything. The true problem at WDW is people lying to get Guest Assistance Cards that don't legitimately need them, and then abuse them.

alissafalco

In all seriousness, yes people do abuse the system which is a shame. I do have to say that my daughter was born with congenital heart disease and has had 5 heart surgeries (3 were open heart), and shes only 22 months old. We do need the special needs pass for her, due to the fact she cant sit up or stand for long periods of time, and we have to give her frequent medication throughout the day. Having that said, you absolutely can not tell anything is wrong with her at all if you saw her. She looks just like any other toddler in a carriage. People walking by who saw us Im sure must think we are scammers when we are not. You can not tell from looking at her that she has spent half her life in a hospital. Im just saying..... So, due to HIPPA laws i know Disney cant ask, but i do think there should be some sort of system to deter the scammers. Maybe require a doctors note or form to be filled out by the Dr., without having to say the patients condition so it doesnt violate any laws? Maybe this would deter the scammers?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom