SciFi Diner

mandib

Is it just me or does someone else really like this place? I mean in the unofficial guide theres so many bad reviews about it. The foods not the best but it's the atmosphere. Just wondering what everyone else thinks!

Tried it years ago, because we were trying the deluxe magic plan for that year. While it was catchy in it's theme, the food was awfull. Everything tasted funny/off. I will never go back.

Upvote 0

AkiraRaptor

Meega, nala kwishta!
We tried it for the first time on our last trip for lunch. It was great. Food was average, but it was fun to eat there. We would do luch again.

One tip, when we walked in we had no PS, and the place was packed, like 1 hour or more wait for a "Car", but they aske if we wanted a both and we said yes cos' we were very hungry. They seated us right away, no wait at all. The seating is really the same, you get a chair instead of the car seat, and you face the rest of your group like a normal table instead of faceing the big screen. No big loss in my book, and no wait seating.

Have fun!

Upvote 0

jutz53

It's all about atmosphere and the burgers. It's a little pricey but you are in the land of the mouse so just enjoy. We took my grandchildren last year and they just loved sitting in the cars looking at the "old movie screen". Can't wait 65 days to go.

Upvote 0

WDWCook

Let see the 1 time i was there...
Found plastic in my drink, then my food was ice cold(ordered a hot dish) and found glass in the reheat. I was not a happy camper.

Upvote 0

EthylCooper

I'm glad I did it once, but I don't want to do it again. I found the dashboard light and the seating arrangements really annoying. I was there in a party of three, and spent my meal talking to the back of my friends' heads while they had to crane around to speak to me. My food was very bland, too. I had the applewood smoked pork sandwich thing, and it was very tasteless. I enjoyed watching the clips and liked the general look of the place, but once was enough.

Upvote 0

kennyj29

Sci-Fi

I agree, went there once, didn't like it, and will never go back again! I wasn't too keen on the atmosphere either. The food was okay, nothing to brag about but again, I think everyone should try it once, it might be what you are looking for!

Upvote 0

garyhoov

Trophy Husband
It's clearly a matter of taste. We love it! Primarily because of the movies, but I also like the starry ceiling atmosphere. The cars I can do without, the food is good but not great and it's a bit overpriced, but we go every year.

Personally, I would never go to the 50's (Prime Time Cafe'? not sure of the name), because I don't like the idea of the Waiters/waitresses telling me off. I might like it if I tried it, but I never have.

Upvote 0

mandib

Original Poster

Personally, I would never go to the 50's (Prime Time Cafe'? not sure of the name), because I don't like the idea of the Waiters/waitresses telling me off. I might like it if I tried it, but I never have.

I know what you mean I went there once and hated it plus the food was horrible!

Upvote 0

mstarfishee

Sci-Fi has always been a restaurant that I tell myself, i'll try it on my next visit to WDW. However, for some reason, I can never bring myself to actually eat there. My husband & I are going to WDW in November (childless:animwink:) and I was thinking that maybe we would go this time around. My sister and brother-in-law go to WDW every year and it's a "must-eat-at" restaurant for them, they rave about it and say how the kids just love it. To me the menu doesn't even sound appealing, I guess I think of all the places that I really enjoy eating at WDW and how the Sci-Fi doesn't hold a huge appeal in comparison to the others. Now listening to many of you, I think i'll stick with my past feelings and stay away!!

Upvote 0
Even though I really have nothing particular to say I feel that this restraunt is for people who enjoyed the drive ins of days passed. I don't think it is beatiful or anything like that but it is very well themed and I love sitting in cars to eat. The food is so/so but not bad by any means. So if you are in for an entertaining meal by all means Sci Fi Dine in Theater for lunch I'll be there will you be?

Upvote 0

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom