Sci-Fi?

inside-out

Original Poster
Is it open? I've never had an issue getting a reservation but even at the 60 day out mark at 8 a.m. I couldn't get a res.

Zé_Carioca

its harder to get reservations now since options are more limited and seating is reduced but keep trying, I always have better luck getting reservations a few days before I need them as people cancel! I also recommend using services like mouse dining, they alert you if a table opens for your desired party size and time.

ajrwdwgirl

Premium Member
I agree to changing the number in your party. I was looking for a reservation for 2 people and there was nothing but when I changed it to 3 people there were plenty of choices in times.

JIMINYCR

I agree to changing the number in your party. I was looking for a reservation for 2 people and there was nothing but when I changed it to 3 people there were plenty of choices in times.
Good to hear since all my dining when I get to 60 days will be for 3 of us. ;) Hoping I can get all the restaurants I had originally booked fo our covid cancelled trip. Sci Fi was one of them.

Yellow Shoes

I would be interested in hearing comments from folks who have worked in restaurants re a party of 2 morphing into a party of 3. Many restaurants have tiny tables that are barely large enough for 2. So the party of 2 (3) has to have a 4-top, which seems to me would mess up the whole works.

Anyone with experience from the other side of the podium?

UNCgolf

I would be interested in hearing comments from folks who have worked in restaurants re a party of 2 morphing into a party of 3. Many restaurants have tiny tables that are barely large enough for 2. So the party of 2 (3) has to have a 4-top, which seems to me would mess up the whole works.

Anyone with experience from the other side of the podium?

I think a restaurant could potentially turn you away if you made a reservation for 2 and showed up with 3 for the reasons you mentioned.

It's not really an issue in the reverse, though, which is what people are talking about in this thread. The restaurant may not like it because it's a seat or two they would have hopefully filled, but there's still someone there eating.

danyoung56

As a single park-stormer, I've had problems booking a table for 1, but then no problem booking a table for 2. And when I arrive, I just say "There will be only one diner tonight" and have never been turned away.

Hcalvert

My son decided one night that he did not want to eat at Sanaa (we were staying at Kidani), so just my husband and I showed up. No problems. I noticed one day in the app for a reservation that you can add an extra person when checking in--it might have been up to 2--cannot remember. Our trip was last month.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom