Sci-Fi Walk-in??

grmax5

Original Poster
I am trying to get an ADR at Sci-Fi in May but so far no luck.....

How do they handle walk-ins? Do they take your name and then if they have a spot to fit you in they do or do they tell you that they are all booked for the afternoon??

Has anyone had any luck as a walk-in at Sci-Fi?

Thanks!

Master Yoda

Pro Star Wars geek.
Premium Member
If they are booked solid, they will tell you so and turn you away. If they are not, they will give you an approximate wait time.

Mukta

How many people are in your party? I usually have better luck snagging an ADR with an even number of people. (4 instead of 3).

Due to the new cancellation fees, I have had GREAT luck getting ADRs the day before I want them. Lots of people cancelling at the 24 hour mark.

horizons82

I totally agree with Mukta...checking for last-minute openings the day before is a great way to hopefully snag an opening. I do it all the time because I'm local and sometimes go to WDW last-minute.

The more you are near a computer and can keep refreshing the page the day before the better your chances :)
You might want to have a back-up just in case though...

And as was stated, the WDW dining reservation system is kind of odd. It doesn't just look for open tables...I think it kind of looks for open tables with the specific number of people you are looking to seat.

Example: let's say there are 3 two-person tables and 5 four-person tables at a restaurant. If I'm trying to book a table for two people and all of the two-person tables are reserved, the system will not allow me to reserve a four-person table even if there are some open. I've confirmed this as I have increased the number in my party and reservation availability would change from none for 2 persons to having availability for 4!

I might not be totally correct on how their reservation system 'sees' reservations, but it's something to this effect.

HouCuseChickie

Another vote for checking for last minute cancelations. I've had great luck stalking the website...especially in those last few weeks before travel.

Matt

Logan and Olivia's dad
Premium Member
We ate there without an ADR the night of the epic cluster that was the Unleash the Villains LTM. Tried to walk up at 6ish and they said no, but to try back after 8:30. Did the same at Mama Melrose's. We came back to Sci Fi right at 8:30 and they sat us in about 10 minutes.

WendyTinkerbell

Also, you can try the reservation place in the middle of the park near the wait time board (if it's still there). We have had some success booking reservations there in the past. We would usually check first thing in the morning and they will hold the reservation with a credit card. Please note that I don't think they can reserve within 2 hours of the hopeful time.

Matt

Logan and Olivia's dad
Premium Member
We ate there during our wedding/honeymoon trip in October 2012 and I'll agree the food wasn't anything special. However, we ate there again in Sept 2013 and they had redone the menu and we both thought the food was much better.

DizneyPryncess

We had a dinner ADR a few years ago, and were waiting to be seated for about 10-15 minutes. Two groups of walk-ins were turned away on the spot and told they were booked. The third one, just a moment before we were seated, was given a table. All 3 groups appeared to be around the same size - not too small, not too big. I think sometimes it's just the luck of the draw! Perhaps someone didn't show up, or someone cancelled at that moment. It never hurts to call & keep trying, and if you can't get anything, definitely try walking up!

KingdomofDreams

We had good luck with that on our last trip! It was a last minute trip in late July and we had no ADR's at all. Walked into Sci-Fi at peak lunch time and inquired. As I recall we were asked if we were resort guests, which we were. I replied yes and gave our resort name. I have no idea if that made any difference or not, but there were others waiting and we were seated right away. I've always heard mixed reviews of it and wasn't sure we'd enjoy it, but we both thought it was a great atmosphere and the food actually was pretty good. No complaints and we plan to do it again this next trip!

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom