Sci-Fi Star Wars Breakfast??

grmax5

Original Poster
The Sci-Fi Dine-in Theater Star Wars Breakfasts started yesterday. Did anyone attend? How was it? Do you have copies of the menu? Details....Details...please!! Thanks!!

flynnibus

Premium Member
The Sci-Fi Dine-in Theater Star Wars Breakfasts started yesterday. Did anyone attend? How was it? Do you have copies of the menu? Details....Details...please!! Thanks!!

There is lots of stuff out there in social media land for it... seems all the orlando bloggers went in yesterday AM. Sounds like there were a ton of characters, but service was aweful, food was meh.. and it was overpriced.

stevehousse

Is this only during the month of May and some of June for Star Wars weekends or is this something new they will keep for later in the year???

Wildflower

There is lots of stuff out there in social media land for it... seems all the orlando bloggers went in yesterday AM. Sounds like there were a ton of characters, but service was aweful, food was meh.. and it was overpriced.
Sounds a bit like Chef Mickey's? :cautious:
Great....I hope they step it up by the time of my ADR
I'm doing the dinner (5/31), also hoping to see things trend to the upside!!

Dwarful

I haven't found a lot of info on the breakfast. Hopefully, any glitches they have right now they will get worked out quickly. I think like any of the character meals its more about the characters meet n greet and less about the food.

Tiggerish

Resident Redhead
Premium Member
I attended the Star Wars Galactic Dine-in breakfast yesterday morning.

IMG_2004 - Copy.JPG

It was a lot of fun, although it was overpriced (but then, what isn't at WDW?) :) However, taking the entire experience into account, it was only slightly overpriced at $48 per adult.

Each party got a photo with Boba Fett and Darth Vader on entry, and then was seated. In addition to scenes from each of the movies on the screen, there were also some promos for Star Wars Weekends, and some fun vignettes reminiscent of what usually shows in the Sci-Fi Dine In (Stormtroopers recruitment poster, intermission by the cantina band, bouncing death star singalong to the Star Wars theme). Roaming characters were a pair of Jawas, a pair of Stormtroopers, and Greedo. Boba Fett took a menacing stroll through the dining room, but did not visit each table.

Since the restaurant is so dark, it was tough to get good pictures. We only arrived home last night, and I haven't gotten the pictures off my camera yet, including a photo of the menu. I have some pictures on my phone that I could post if anyone's interested.

The meal was a four-course breakfast, I think they were trying to give you a lot of food to make it seem worthwhile. The service was very slow, but I didn't really mind because of the entertainment. The coffee was sludge, which I did mind. :mad:

First they delivered a platter of 3 different breakfast pastries, which we didn't eat because (a) we don't really eat sugary cake for breakfast and (b) none of them appealed--I don't like almond, and DH doesn't eat chocolate. I had a bite of the double chocolate breakfast muffin (mini) just so the course didn't go entirely to waste.

Then came a choice of fruit cup or greek yogurt parfait, neither of which DH wanted. I got the fruit cup, which was garnished with a slice of honeydew cut out in the shape of Yoda's head. Very cute, and the fruit was fresh and tasty.

Next was the entrée, there were about six choices. DH chose the Tatooine Sunrise (2 eggs, 2 sausages, 2 bacon--get it? ;) ) I had the Dune Sea--scrambled egg with smoked salmon, potato & mushroom hash, mulit-grain toast spread with goat cheese butter. Is it just my imagination, or is it arranged to look kind of like an X-wing fighter? Although based on the name of the dish, maybe the eggs are Jabba's sail barge, and the hash is the Pit of Carkoon.

IMG_2019.JPG

After the entrée was a ramekin of some kind of strawberry mousse, which I didn't care for.

I'll post the photo of the entire menu when I get home tonight. Most of the entrees were "fancier" than normal breakfast offerings, as with the addition of smoked salmon, mushrooms, and goat cheese; I got the impression this was an effort to increase the perceived value, however, they could wind up turning off a lot of diners.

Happy to answer any questions that anyone might have.

jlsHouston

I attended the Star Wars Galactic Dine-in breakfast yesterday morning.

View attachment 52867

It was a lot of fun, although it was overpriced (but then, what isn't at WDW?) :) However, taking the entire experience into account, it was only slightly overpriced at $48 per adult.

Each party got a photo with Boba Fett and Darth Vader on entry, and then was seated. In addition to scenes from each of the movies on the screen, there were also some promos for Star Wars Weekends, and some fun vignettes reminiscent of what usually shows in the Sci-Fi Dine In (Stormtroopers recruitment poster, intermission by the cantina band, bouncing death star singalong to the Star Wars theme). Roaming characters were a pair of Jawas, a pair of Stormtroopers, and Greedo. Boba Fett took a menacing stroll through the dining room, but did not visit each table.

Since the restaurant is so dark, it was tough to get good pictures. We only arrived home last night, and I haven't gotten the pictures off my camera yet, including a photo of the menu. I have some pictures on my phone that I could post if anyone's interested.

The meal was a four-course breakfast, I think they were trying to give you a lot of food to make it seem worthwhile. The service was very slow, but I didn't really mind because of the entertainment. The coffee was sludge, which I did mind. :mad:

First they delivered a platter of 3 different breakfast pastries, which we didn't eat because (a) we don't really eat sugary cake for breakfast and (b) none of them appealed--I don't like almond, and DH doesn't eat chocolate. I had a bite of the double chocolate breakfast muffin (mini) just so the course didn't go entirely to waste.

Then came a choice of fruit cup or greek yogurt parfait, neither of which DH wanted. I got the fruit cup, which was garnished with a slice of honeydew cut out in the shape of Yoda's head. Very cute, and the fruit was fresh and tasty.

Next was the entrée, there were about six choices. DH chose the Tatooine Sunrise (2 eggs, 2 sausages, 2 bacon--get it? ;) ) I had the Dune Sea--scrambled egg with smoked salmon, potato & mushroom hash, mulit-grain toast spread with goat cheese butter. Is it just my imagination, or is it arranged to look kind of like an X-wing fighter? Although based on the name of the dish, maybe the eggs are Jabba's sail barge, and the hash is the Pit of Carkoon.

View attachment 52865

After the entrée was a ramekin of some kind of strawberry mousse, which I didn't care for.

I'll post the photo of the entire menu when I get home tonight. Most of the entrees were "fancier" than normal breakfast offerings, as with the addition of smoked salmon, mushrooms, and goat cheese; I got the impression this was an effort to increase the perceived value, however, they could wind up turning off a lot of diners.

Happy to answer any questions that anyone might have.

Ahh sounds like I will hate the food... and love the movie part and character part..If they can just serve my food hot I will be okay (eggs need to be hot ya know)

jlsHouston

Ahh sounds like I will hate the food... and love the movie part and character part..If they can just serve my food hot I will be okay (eggs need to be hot ya know)

And I am so glad you put the spoiler in there because if @PhotoDave219 is planning on this breakfast we want him to be surprised. Me on the other hand I want no surprises, I always want to know exactly what's up, so I loved the extra details!

Tiggerish

Resident Redhead
Premium Member

Totally agree!! And the food did arrive hot, it was excellent when it was served...if only I hadn't gotten distracted by the movie screen and the characters...should have eaten faster!

jlsHouston

Totally agree!! And the food did arrive hot, it was excellent when it was served...if only I hadn't gotten distracted by the movie screen and the characters...should have eaten faster!

Well I am sticking with my reservation. I love the Sci Fi venue anyways. I am really excited for my trip and being there over a SWW. Plus the MK24 hour thing is going on. Lotsa exciting things in the world the week I am there!!

Dwarful

Thanks for the info. We will keep the reservation...but I am not sure what my youngest will find on the menu. they like more of the simple breakfast offerings.

jlsHouston

Well I'm excited. I might get the Tatooine thing like your husband or shrimp n grits..I'm not big into seafood in the morning though

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom