Sci-Fi Dine-In Theater

Peachyyy

Original Poster
Hi everyone,

I have never been to this restaurant, but I saw that everyone seemed to like it when I read through the "Top 10" thread. Could someone tell me if you need to make advanced reservations to eat here?

BRER STITCH

YES!!!

If it is something you really want to do, then go a head and make ADRs for the day and time you want.

Why be disappointed just because you didn't make a phone call? It doesn;t cost anything to make a reservation, and you're ALWAYS better safe than sorry!

HAVE FUN!

:sohappy:

luna99

I agree... plus everytime I've been to the sci-fi.. there's always at least a little bit of a wait.. it's a very popular restaurant.

Make reservations!

(and they have the best burgers on WDW property if you ask me!) :slurp:

AEfx

You must make ressies. Very popular all times of the year.

It's a great place, but stay away from the more complicated dishes - grab a burger, salad, onion rings, etc. Great desserts too. They make great diner food, but I wouldn't try anything too exotic.

I usually get a burger and share some onion rings with someone - I really enjoy the place. It's just the right thing for a hot, sunny day when you just want to cool off and be in another place for awhile. Also, don't be afriad to ask for substitutions either - they can rearrange many menu items and don't list all of the combinations on the menu (i.e. you can have steak, chicken, or shirmp on any of the salads, even if it doesn't specify).

Good luck!

AEfx

Peachyyy

Original Poster
Thanks to everyone for their responses. I've been to WDW so many times, but I'm still so uneducated!

Reno said:
I love this place! Have the ribs and then race to the ToT!!!! ;)

UGH!! Love TOT but not sure I want to do it after i eat! :hurl: :hurl:

lawyergirl77

I was pretty disappointed when I went there - I had the catfish and the hush puppies and they were both overcooked and really dry.

In fact, I've been kind of disappointed both times I've gone, so I'm not exactly hopping to try it again! But, I will admit that their onion rings are quite tasty... Perhaps it's more of a midday snack thing... hmm...

Steamboat_Kevin

I LOVE Sci-Fi. Besides Le Cellier, it's my favorite restaurant at WDW. I would recommend advanced reservations just to be on the safe side, as it is quite popular.

AEfx

lawyergirl77 said:
I was pretty disappointed when I went there - I had the catfish and the hush puppies and they were both overcooked and really dry.

In fact, I've been kind of disappointed both times I've gone, so I'm not exactly hopping to try it again! But, I will admit that their onion rings are quite tasty... Perhaps it's more of a midday snack thing... hmm...

Hehe, that definately falls under my recommendation against "complicated" dishes.

The burgers, salads, and sandwiches (as well as those 'rings!) are really what this place is all about. It's a don't-miss for me because of the fun, but I have learned after many visits to stick to the basics.

AEfx

bayoutinkbelle

I adore Sci-fi and I wouldn't think of ordering anything else but the "perfect order" -- burger, fries and a shake (props to Tom Servo, MST3K). One of the reasons I love it so much is that I'm also a huge Mystery Science Theater 3000 fan. I cracks me up to see bits of some of the films that MST did while I'm there. :D

Reservations are a must, too! There's always a crowd waiting.

Pioneer Hall

Reservations are a must especially if you want to sit in a car. If you don't expect waits of at least an hour (if they can take you at all).

d'Isigny

lawyergirl77 said:

Sorry to hear that...

I had the catfish during my 2004 stay and it was quite good...

Lately...I have been ordering A hamburger and Chocolate Shake...
they do this well

besides...it's such a great theme restaurant...

Main Street USA

For me, the Sci-Fi is all about the theming. The atmosphere and theming of any restaurant in WDW come way before food quality, in my opinion, which is why Sci-Fi is one of my all-time favs!

lawyergirl77

Main Street USA said:
For me, the Sci-Fi is all about the theming. The atmosphere and theming of any restaurant in WDW come way before food quality, in my opinion, which is why Sci-Fi is one of my all-time favs!
I agree that theming is a huge part of the WDW dining experience, and for that, the Sci-Fi is a cool experience. That being said, with all of the nummy choices out there in WDW, I just wish that the Sci-Fi could have food that was at least close to being on the same level as my surroundings!

And, no, I'm not asking for fine dining in those little cars!! :lol: Ditch the complicated items, turn themselves entirely into a burgers n shakes joint. Make up some funky burgers/toppings, fresh fries (mmm... maybe even sweet potato fries) to compliment the onion rings and milkshakes that they already do so well and voilà! A place that would have tasty and fun food to compliment the awesome surroundings!

Until then, the Sci-Fi will always be a cool place to see, but not a cool place to eat for me... but different strokes, right!! :wave:

DanStat

We had one of the best meals we've ever had at Disney. However, the first night we went there they were out of Priority Seating and they weren't taking standby names. The CM was really rude. But, we made PS and came back a few days later. The chicken sandwich was really good! Most definitely make PS arrangements.

welovewdw

bayoutinkbelle said:
I adore Sci-fi and I wouldn't think of ordering anything else but the "perfect order" -- burger, fries and a shake (props to Tom Servo, MST3K). One of the reasons I love it so much is that I'm also a huge Mystery Science Theater 3000 fan. I cracks me up to see bits of some of the films that MST did while I'm there. :D [end quote]

mst3k rules!! my dh, my parents(first wdw trip for them) and i are going to wdw in may and i am definately making ressies for sci-fi. my dad loves that kind of stuff!:wave: :sohappy:

Kadee

Try the ham sandwich....I think it is black forest ham! It is amazing!!! And very large! My daughter and I split one.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom