Sci-Fi Dine-In...tell me about it...

silverboyd

Original Poster
My fiance are thinking of booking a reservation here. On our last trip we ate at 50's Prime Time Cafe and it was a blast. Food was great, atmosphere was fantastic and our waiter was so cool. We just wanted to know if anyone else on the board has eaten there and if we made a good choice. :wave:

EpcotGrl

I've eaten there a couple times and I definitely think it's worth the experience. The food is "diner" fare, and good diner, at least :animwink: It's cool and you get to laugh at cheesy 50s Sci Fi. I've had one great carhop and one mediocre, so it's kind of luck of the draw...but they can really add to the experience!!

If you've never done it before, it's at least worth a try. Have fun!! :wave:

Texas84

One of our faves. It's like being outside at a drive-in complete with snack bar in the back. Do they still give out popcorn?

Monty

Brilliant...and Canadian
In the Parks
No
I enjoy it. The food is good, not necessarily great, but good. The films and the CMs make the experience in my view. Certainly worth a visit - I'll be going back.

ClemsonTigger

Naturally Grumpy
I would say it is not quite as good as 50's Prime Time as far as menu, but for a more casual fare and a neat theme that should be experienced at least once, it should be on everyone's agenda. We happily repeat on most trips. There is the added nostalgia component if you are old enough to remember room decor in 50's Prime Time....you'll surely remember the drive in. :D

Tinkerbella16

Been there once. The food was good. The atmosphere was really cool. We had a good time. I personally, enjoy 50's Prime Time more. I havent eaten there in a few years. Luckily our upcoming trip...we have ressies for both restaurants. I cannot wait. You will like it, probably not as much as 50's Prime Time...but it is a nice place. :wave:

Hakunamatata

Le Meh
Premium Member
I agree that if you never have tried it, you should at least once to get your own opinion about it. It would be a real shame to let what another person thinks about a place keep you from finding your favorite......

My wife and I realy like it. The shrimp pasta dish, if its still on the menu is my favorite. My wife says they have great shakes as well.

lovestheears

We have eaten at the Sci Fi Dine In the last two times we have visited wdw, and will probably eat there the next time we are down there. My dd loves sitting in the cars, especially when she gets the "drivers seat!" It is kinda cheesy, but fun at the same time. It brings back memories of when I was a kid and went to the drive in :) I have never eaten at the 50's Prime Time Café, but I would recommend the Sci Fi, if nothing else, just to try it :wave:

macsmom

I've been to the Sci-Fi four times. Never have had a complaint. I may be a lucky one, though, since I've never gotten bad food or bad CMs. I love the decor. The theme is just great. If they have the coke ribs, go for it! And, I think their burgers are 1/2 pounders or something. Big, anyway. mmmmmm I can't wait to go again!

danna

Testtrack321

Food lacks plus it's so dark in there it's hard to see what your eating.

Save up your money and go to a really great place like Jiko.

primetime52

Some may laugh at me for saying this, but Sci Fi is my favorite dining experience at WDW. The food is mediocre, but the atmosphere is so stellar that I make sure to eat there every trip. You must try it at least once.

Miss Bell

This is one of our favorite places. The food is more on the level of fancy sandwiches than Prime Time, but the atmosphere is really fun. I personally find it very relaxing. It is dark and cool inside, and they run clips of kitchy old sci-fi movies, while you eat in a booth that looks like an old convertible.

We used to try to do Sci-Fi one trip and PrimeTime the next, but we love them both so much, we started doing both every trip.

Pocamahontas

I love it, it's one of my favorite places to eat at MGM. Actually...probably in all of WDW. The atmosphere is amazing and the who experience is worth the extra $$ you pay for diner food. I've noticed you either love it or pass...depends on what kind of person you are. Definitely worth a try!

My experience at the Sci-Fi was not that great:

1) My food was poorly prepared (grilled chicken sandwich that was burned so black, it needed to be carbon dated);

2) DW's food was poorly prepared (ribs were also in need of carbon dating);

3) In the cars that you sit in, there was very little space for your plates, drinks, etc.; and

4) We were charged twice for our meals.

I must say, though the ambience was INCREDIBLE. I loved it. The service was great (except for the double charge thing...it was just a little mistake that was easily fixed).

I say go for it. Its a good experience. Ask to be seated at a picnic table; plenty of room. Also stay away from the grilled chicken and ribs...at least at the end of the day. It seemed that they were just overcooked.

Enjoy!

Rufus T Firefly

The experience is worth at least one try. Then you can make up your own mind. I'll agree that the food is just so-so, but the shakes are outstanding.:slurp:

Hakunamatata

Le Meh
Premium Member
Another thought. Put it in perspective. Many people who have negative reviews of Sci Fi probably think that McDonalds food is mediocer.....and probably eat there twice a week anyway.....

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom