Sci-Fi Dine-In Reservations

Amidala

Original Poster
I’m an Orlando local and my mom is coming down to visit in mid-May. Reservations just opened up for one of our vacation days and I checked immediately at 6:00AM but STILL couldn’t find a single reservation for Sci-Fi Dine-In, even though other popular/hard to get locations like Be Our Guest, Beaches and Cream, etc. showed up.

Am I missing something here? Is Sci-Fi Dine-In closed or are reservations really just that hard to get? I’ve been dying to go. I’m going to feel very silly if they are in fact closed, but could swear that wasn’t the case the last time I was at Studios a few weeks back 😅

Weather_Lady

I’m an Orlando local and my mom is coming down to visit in mid-May. Reservations just opened up for one of our vacation days and I checked immediately at 6:00AM but STILL couldn’t find a single reservation for Sci-Fi Dine-In, even though other popular/hard to get locations like Be Our Guest, Beaches and Cream, etc. showed up.

Am I missing something here? Is Sci-Fi Dine-In closed or are reservations really just that hard to get? I’ve been dying to go. I’m going to feel very silly if they are in fact closed, but could swear that wasn’t the case the last time I was at Studios a few weeks back 😅
They're just really hard to get. I've been looking at them occasionally at 6am just to get an idea of availability for an upcoming trip. Searching precisely when ADRs open up, I'm generally finding Sci-Fi reservations only for parties of 5 or 6, and only at extremely early or late times. Right now you can find availability at 60 days -- but only for 5 or more people. Perhaps you and your mom can get some friends to come along!

Untitled.jpg

You might try touringplans.com's reservation finder. It's worked well for me in the past in trying to snag hard-to-find reservations. (It searches the dining inventory periodically and if it finds a reservation that has opened up for your date/time, it will notify you with a text or e-mail, but it's still up to you to click on the link and book it before someone else does.) You might need to subscribe to touringplans at their "basic access" level (it's free - link is on the right side of this page: https://touringplans.com/walt-disney-world/join ) to use it.

Reservation finder: https://touringplans.com/walt-disney-world/reservation-finder

Last edited:

Amidala

Original Poster
They're just really hard to get. I've been looking at them occasionally at 6am just to get an idea of availability for an upcoming trip. Searching precisely when ADRs open up, I'm generally finding Sci-Fi reservations only for parties of 5 or 6, and only at extremely early or late times. Right now you can find availability at 60 days -- but only for 5 or more people. Perhaps you and your mom can get some friends to come along!

View attachment 540119

You might try touringplans.com's reservation finder. It's worked well for me in the past in trying to snag hard-to-find reservations. (It searches the dining inventory periodically and if it finds a reservation that has opened up for your date/time, it will notify you with a text or e-mail, but it's still up to you to click on the link and book it before someone else does.) You might need to subscribe to touringplans at their "basic access" level (it's free - link is on the right side of this page: https://touringplans.com/walt-disney-world/join ) to use it.

Reservation finder: https://touringplans.com/walt-disney-world/reservation-finder

Yes, someone just let me know it's generally easier to snag Sci-Fi reservations for 5+ people, so I managed to find one at a decent time. I'm planning to find some more people to join us but hope they won't be too strict if we can't get the full five. Not sure how that works!

Also, I can't believe I've never heard of that reservation finder but I'm definitely going to give it a shot. Thanks so much!

Weather_Lady

Yes, someone just let me know it's generally easier to snag Sci-Fi reservations for 5+ people, so I managed to find one at a decent time. I'm planning to find some more people to join us but hope they won't be too strict if we can't get the full five. Not sure how that works!

Also, I can't believe I've never heard of that reservation finder but I'm definitely going to give it a shot. Thanks so much!
If you wanted, you could try and modify the reservation for a smaller party later, or swing by the restaurant earlier in the day to let them know, as a courtesy, that your party size has changed, but you shouldn't get charged any "no-show" fees for showing up with fewer people. We've had it happen before (when a party member just wasn't feeling well and dropped out a the last minute), and it was no problem.

Club Cooloholic

Are you saying you are a table of 2 vs 5? Not really fair to the restaurant and it's servers. What I would suggest is call and ask if you can have your group changed.

38053WDW

We arrive May 17th but I cannot get reservations until tomorrow (only shows though 16th, Dang April 31st! )... For the fun of it, I did see if Sunday 16th was an option for Party of 6 for Si-Fi .. nothing open .. zero .. nadda .. Also tried Topolino's For Dinner - Zero, nadda ,....

Weather_Lady

We arrive May 17th but I cannot get reservations until tomorrow (only shows though 16th, Dang April 31st! )... For the fun of it, I did see if Sunday 16th was an option for Party of 6 for Si-Fi .. nothing open .. zero .. nadda .. Also tried Topolino's For Dinner - Zero, nadda ,....
FWIW, there _were_ a few Sci-Fi reservations available for a party of 6 on Sunday the 16th (see above) if you'd been able to check within a couple hours after ADRs opened (6am EST) this morning. Hopefully there will be for you tomorrow, as well.

JIMINYCR

We got a Sci Fi table for 3 ( we are a party of 3 ) on May 8th at 4pm. I know some people say if you are a party of 2, you may have a difficult time getting one so to bump your number up to 3 diners which can make a table pop up.

Weather_Lady

I’ve been trying to get a reservation for 3 on July 27 for the last few weeks and absolutely nothing comes up 🤷🏻‍♂️
The touringplans.com "reservation finder" tool might be of help. (It scans for openings and alerts you by e-mail and/or text when it finds one. You have to act fast, though!) I think you have to have a touringplans account, but you can sign up for a basic access one for free.

LudwigVonDrake

The touringplans.com "reservation finder" tool might be of help. (It scans for openings and alerts you by e-mail and/or text when it finds one. You have to act fast, though!) I think you have to have a touringplans account, but you can sign up for a basic access one for free.
Thanks for the heads up ☺️

Demarke

Have I told you lately that I 👍 you?
Premium Member
I had the same thing happen, got an alert at 2:45AM a few days ago for for a lunch res at SciFi (party of 2) for Aug 1. It was gone by the time I woke up a few hours later, so I have it reset on touring plans. The finder did snag me a CRT dinner reservation pretty quick though!

Also, one thing I’ve noticed over the years, when you are checking reservations yourself, try both searching for timeframe (i.e. lunch or dinner) and by hour (i.e. 11:30, 12:00, 12:30…). It always seems to produce different options for me when I do that (the difference is even more pronounced when searching for general restaurant availability by meal period vs specific time; limiting to a specific time seems to open up more options for some reason), I just snagged a 50’s Prime Time res as a backup if SciFi doesn’t open up by searching for “12:30” when nothing popped up searching for “lunch.”

crawale

There is something wrong with the search capability for dining. If you search for breakfast you get 'no availability' yet if you search for a specific time there are lots of options. I have reported this many times to Disney but they choose not to fix the issue. Keep trying as people cancel - especially the day before to avoid paying the penalties.

phillip9698

What capacity are they currently running here? Are most of the cars empty? I've been checking periodically for a reservation over the past two months and haven't seen anything. Trip isn't till mid September so hopefully an increase in capacity is coming soon and I can snag a car.

Demarke

Have I told you lately that I 👍 you?
Premium Member
What capacity are they currently running here? Are most of the cars empty? I've been checking periodically for a reservation over the past two months and haven't seen anything. Trip isn't till mid September so hopefully an increase in capacity is coming soon and I can snag a car.
Not sure, but I just got one using the Touring Plans reservation finder (set it to search for lunch Aug 1), it got me a couple of alerts over a couple of weeks (missed the first opening, but snagged the second opportunity; if you miss an alert you do have to remember to reactivate the search to keep it looking; you can have two searches going at a time). I think there are some other ones that do the same service too, I bet it would find you something on your desired date between now and September

Last edited:

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom