Sci Fi Dine in Question?

RiceCrispyMickey

Original Poster
Hi all,

We have just booked the Sci Fi Dine in Theatre for our trip in March. I've heard there milkshakes are really good, does anyone know if these count as your non-alchoholic beverage option on the DDP?

Thanks,

Amy

EarsGear

We were there last week and they also offered the milkshakes as a desert option on the DDP, so you can still have your normal drink with the meal.

As a side note, they also offer a dairy free shake which made my 5 year old sons day!

carriebeth

Heads up...when we were there ADULTS could get a milkshake as a drink option....CHILDREN could NOT!!! when we asked the hostess before we were seated if milkshakes were ok as a beverage option she said yes. No mention children were not allowed. My children all picked a shake flavor and when we went to order the waitress told us that it was included only on an adult plan. It caused some tears at our tables. NOw the adult size was plenty big enough to share and thats what we did...however, you know kids, they were crushed they could not get their own. Had they known ahead of time they would be sharing they would have been ok with that option. Hopefully knowing this avoids some disappointment at your table.

RiceCrispyMickey

Original Poster
Heads up...when we were there ADULTS could get a milkshake as a drink option....CHILDREN could NOT!!! when we asked the hostess before we were seated if milkshakes were ok as a beverage option she said yes. No mention children were not allowed. My children all picked a shake flavor and when we went to order the waitress told us that it was included only on an adult plan. It caused some tears at our tables. NOw the adult size was plenty big enough to share and thats what we did...however, you know kids, they were crushed they could not get their own. Had they known ahead of time they would be sharing they would have been ok with that option. Hopefully knowing this avoids some disappointment at your table.
Thanks, we are just adults, but that is interesting, and I'm sure will be helpful to others who may stumble across this thread. I wonder why they wouldnt do it?

dreamfinder

Thanks, we are just adults, but that is interesting, and I'm sure will be helpful to others who may stumble across this thread. I wonder why they wouldnt do it?

Most likely the amount they get "paid" from the DDP department for a childs meal credit vs an adult meal credit.

Disneykings

We where lucky and our server last year gave our daughter a milkshake as part of the dining plan. I think he only did this as she was so disappointed. It was a lovely meal too, going back this year :)

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom