School holiday dates in October

jimbo mack

Original Poster
Planning to visit Disney world in October this year.

Are there any school holidays or dates we should avoid?

We usually visit May or November so not familiar with crowd levels in October.

Disneyfreak Jen

October is usually the month I go, it’s gotten more and more busy over the years, and there are always a lot of people from the Midwest that are on a school break. I usually go around the 20th for a week, but I’ve been there much earlier in the month, and also the last week.
It seems that districts that start in August take a fall break.

Ksearcy

October has become much busier over the years because of fall breaks, Mickey's Not So Scary Halloween Party, and Food and Wine. Typically, the 2nd week of October seems to be the busiest week (because that is peak time for fall breaks). The 31st will be the start of a busy marathon weekend. Also, remember that this year the fall will likely usher in highly anticipated new attractions (Mickey ride at Studios, Epcot Forever, Disney Skyliner, perhaps possibly even Galaxy's Edge). All in all, October could be even busier than usual this year.

Ksearcy

Planning to visit Disney world in October this year.

Are there any school holidays or dates we should avoid?

We usually visit May or November so not familiar with crowd levels in October.

I think it is also worth noting that Disney's newly announced resort discounts and free dining offers end at the end of September, so they probably anticipate a busy October. It is probably better just to plan on large crowds all month long.

Yaya

In missouri our school district has "fall break" usually a Thursday-Friday-Monday break around mid-end of October.

** Also, SWGE could be open in October.

Surfin' Tuna

The sad reality is there are no really slow times anymore, and the days that are slow are harder to predict. I would personally aim for earlier in the month, though.

Disney4family

Schools up here in NY also close for Jewish holidays that fall in October. It has created extended weekends that are perfect for trips to WDW.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom