Scheduling Traditions? Is Such A Thing Possible? : U

ThomasO

Original Poster
Hey everyone!

Tom here, my very first post! : ) Nice to meet all of you, and I have really enjoyed mining all your conversations for some really helpful insights. Thank you all for that! : D

I realize this is likely a silly question, but as I am a soon-to-be-employee (pardon me, cast member!) and I have a minor dilemma.

I applied for my position prior to Christmas, up to the phone interview. After that, my sister gifted us a cruise at the end of January! How nice, no? Well, I found out I was hired about two days later, and now there is something of a bothersome situation bubbling up. <X D

I have my onboard appointment on the 12th. From what I understand, that is where Traditions training is scheduled... would that be an effective time to mention this issue? I really /despise/ being the "I'm not working here yet, but I already have an issue" haha and truth be told, I would go for the job over the cruise...

I suppose my question is, in your experience, is it possible to request a particular time for training to begin, or is it a sort of 'we have you on pre-laid rails' kind of deal, once you're in the system?

Like I said, I'm a little embarrassed to even bring this up, but I figured it would be wise to get some tips from you fine folks rather than blunder my first meeting with my employer. <X D

Thank you, guys! And please go easy on me if I made some fatal error. <X }

Tom

ThomasO

Original Poster
Hey guys!

I thought I should update this in the event some future prospective-cast member has the same query. : )

So, when I received my e-mail about my Traditions date (just a day or so ago) it mentioned "If you need to reschedule, call ~" and so, I did. They were extremely nice and helpful through the entire process. I spoke to a human resources employee, who forwarded my question to my recruiter. My recruiter contacted me the same day (though I did call at 11 am, so there was some time in there, it wasn't like I called ten minutes before an office would typically close for the day <X D ) and I explained the situation, and again, she was so helpful and empathetic. She moved my Traditions date to one day prior to the original date and pushed my training date back, leaving the cruise period completely open.

Now, certainly, my situation could be abnormal. I expressed a few times I would understand if it couldn't be done and was not in any way, shape or form pushy. I already felt bad asking for this. XD So, who knows. It might not be the same experience for every person. BUT! It IS possible. : ) So, if someone in 2018, 2019, 2040 happens to browse the old topics, maybe they'll benefit from this, in some small fashion.

I can't wait to start!
Tom

Driver

Hey guys!

I thought I should update this in the event some future prospective-cast member has the same query. : )

So, when I received my e-mail about my Traditions date (just a day or so ago) it mentioned "If you need to reschedule, call ~" and so, I did. They were extremely nice and helpful through the entire process. I spoke to a human resources employee, who forwarded my question to my recruiter. My recruiter contacted me the same day (though I did call at 11 am, so there was some time in there, it wasn't like I called ten minutes before an office would typically close for the day <X D ) and I explained the situation, and again, she was so helpful and empathetic. She moved my Traditions date to one day prior to the original date and pushed my training date back, leaving the cruise period completely open.

Now, certainly, my situation could be abnormal. I expressed a few times I would understand if it couldn't be done and was not in any way, shape or form pushy. I already felt bad asking for this. XD So, who knows. It might not be the same experience for every person. BUT! It IS possible. : ) So, if someone in 2018, 2019, 2040 happens to browse the old topics, maybe they'll benefit from this, in some small fashion.

I can't wait to start!
Tom
It's pretty easy for them to reschedule you for Traditions because they are constantly going on. And it is not necessarily job or department specific it's more of a melting pot and every CM goes through it. On the other hand once you start working [brace yourself] your not in Kansas anymore Dorothy LOL

ThomasO

Original Poster
On the other hand once you start working [brace yourself] your not in Kansas anymore Dorothy LOL

I appreciate the warning, Driver! <X D But luckily for me and my tolerances, I was in the Army for a few years, and they're going to have to work PRETTY HARD to match that organization's way of doing things. <X D

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom