Scent of The Land Pavilion?

cmheisel

Original Poster
Anyone notice a particular scent when you enter The Land Pavilion?

I can't quite place what it smells like, but I only notice it in The Land. Interestingly enough I don't smell it much once I'm into the tunnel for Soarin'.

musketeer

It always smelled like hickory smoked ribs in there to me..

YEAH...that's about the best way to describe it. In a different thread today, I said something like woodchips burning....that was the best I could come up with. But your description is right on.

I always wondered if I was the only one who thought that because I've never seen anyone else on these boards say it.

Yensid40

Industrial air-conditioning :shrug:

I always get that in any Disney building I go into. But I would agree with the treated water.

Jason21783

The Land's odor is the single strongest Disney memory smell for me. When I think of Disney, I think of that smell. I too thought I was the only one who recognized it. Its one of those "I'm finally here" smells for me.

Figment632

Oh it is my all time favorite scent in WDW, it smells like BBQ, we always joke as we walk in that the trees are beef trees :slurp:

dweezil78

Hmmm... is it the ghost of the old BBQ place perhaps?? Used to love eating there as a kid.

bbq.jpg

MrX8991

I always smell a mix between air conditioning, treated water, and fresh carpet, if that makes sense. I always love it when buildings have certain smells. Brings back good memories.

cmheisel

Original Poster
The Land's odor is the single strongest Disney memory smell for me. When I think of Disney, I think of that smell. I too thought I was the only one who recognized it. Its one of those "I'm finally here" smells for me.

I did a search on the boards, and I thought maybe I was crazy since not too many folks had mentioned it :)

MUTZIE77

I was just thinking about this smell last night and was thinking of starting a thread on it. I think the smell is a mix between the foods in the restaurants and the water from LWTL.

wm49rs

A naughty bit o' crumpet
Premium Member
The semall of fear and agression combining together in those people storming the path to Soarin' or its FP queues......

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom