Scenes cut from Its' tough to be a bug?

DisneyDellsDude

I saw this show for the first time this last trip, and I remember hearing about when the fog blaster goes off, but wow! We were center of the theater and that was powerful! I couldn't see anything or breathe normally for at least 10 seconds.:lol:

Rob562

I saw this show for the first time this last trip, and I remember hearing about when the fog blaster goes off, but wow! We were center of the theater and that was powerful! I couldn't see anything or breathe normally for at least 10 seconds.:lol:

Side note... The "not breathing normally" was most likely just a subconscious reaction to the fog as opposed to not actually being able to breathe. They would never create a situation where Guests wouldn't be able to breathe, and the CO2 fog never comes close to dangerous levels inside the theater. (The fogger would have to be running a LOT longer to have any significant oxygen replacement) So most likely some subconscious part of your brain thought "Smoke! I can't breathe! Gasp! Gasp!"

I'd bet they have CO2 and/or oxygen sensors all around the theater, similar to the ones seen in Mannequins. (They have a multi-nozzle CO2 fogger for the dance floor) If they were to be set off that there's a dangerous level of CO2, the effect would be cut off and ventilation fans would kick in to ventilate the theater. (Most likely the show would cut out, too) No hard facts here, just a supposition on how I'd set it up if I were designing the system.

We had to deal with subconscious reactions to fog effects when I did community theater tech work. We were running a tech rehearsal for a show, and the two fog machines were left on a bit too long, making a very thick fog on-stage. One of the "drama queen" actresses made a huge deal of gasping, coughing and running for the outside door to get air. After the stage was aired out, the lead tech apologized for the over-use of the foggers, and explained that the fog juice is non-toxic and can be breathed normally, and that he himself has asthma and isn't affected. Amazingly after he said that, Little Miss Drama didn't have the slightest cough in the fog ever again... :rolleyes:

-Rob

Jerm

Yes it is still the same attraction since day one, with the exception of the queue set up it is all the same. Anyone remember when they had plushs for all the bugs at the store across the walk way from the exit? I look back and wish I would have gotten those.

sillyspook13

Side note... The "not breathing normally" was most likely just a subconscious reaction to the fog as opposed to not actually being able to breathe. They would never create a situation where Guests wouldn't be able to breathe, and the CO2 fog never comes close to dangerous levels inside the theater. (The fogger would have to be running a LOT longer to have any significant oxygen replacement) So most likely some subconscious part of your brain thought "Smoke! I can't breathe! Gasp! Gasp!"

I'd bet they have CO2 and/or oxygen sensors all around the theater, similar to the ones seen in Mannequins. (They have a multi-nozzle CO2 fogger for the dance floor) If they were to be set off that there's a dangerous level of CO2, the effect would be cut off and ventilation fans would kick in to ventilate the theater. (Most likely the show would cut out, too) No hard facts here, just a supposition on how I'd set it up if I were designing the system.

We had to deal with subconscious reactions to fog effects when I did community theater tech work. We were running a tech rehearsal for a show, and the two fog machines were left on a bit too long, making a very thick fog on-stage. One of the "drama queen" actresses made a huge deal of gasping, coughing and running for the outside door to get air. After the stage was aired out, the lead tech apologized for the over-use of the foggers, and explained that the fog juice is non-toxic and can be breathed normally, and that he himself has asthma and isn't affected. Amazingly after he said that, Little Miss Drama didn't have the slightest cough in the fog ever again... :rolleyes:

-Rob

On topic: Yes, there are plenty of sensors and the air is circulated through quickly.

Off topic: I bet the drama queen's ears popped in the hydrolators at The Living Seas too...:lookaroun :lol:

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom