Scavenger Hunt

DonaldDuckQuackers

Original Poster
I hope this is the correct place to post this, it seemed the most appropriate given that it's for kids.

Ok lovely people of WDWMagic, I hope you can help me!!
This trip (less than 2 weeks away now!) taking kids, boys ages 9 & 11, so i've put together a scavenger hunt for them to play but I'm hoping some more seasoned visitors can help with some more ideas on how to improve it or more clues for the game etc - anything you can help with would be just magical!!

It includes not just Disney parks but other places we plan to visit too, but seems silly creating different threads about the same thing just because it's not solely Disney.

This is what I have so far. If you think my points system is off please suggestions too would be wonderful as i'm uncertain which clues deserve more points.

Note: We have decided that only the child who calls out that they spotted something first can have their photo taken with the thing they found to stop one calling out and the other saying they found it after and getting the point too
---------------------------------------------------------
Magic Kingdom
Get a photo of you on the Magic Kingdom ferry boat (1 point)

Get a photo of yourself on or by the Magic Kingdom Monorail train (1 point)
Huge mickey face made of flowers can be seen - let the memories begin and take a photo of it (1 point - extra point for getting in the photo)

Near the Mickey face a Magic Kingdom floor sign can be seen, get a picture of it (1 point)

Find the Magic Kingdom railway train and take a ride (1 point for finding it, 2 points for a photo of yourself on it)

Can you find the name of this street that sits right under your feet (1 point)

These partners are the ones who started all the magic, snap a photo of them as they watch over Main Street USA (2 points)

Head to the Magic Kingdom at night to experience the Electrical parade and take a photo of the electrical parade drum (2 points)

Epcot
Get a photo of you in front of the giant space ball at this park (1 point - extra point if its a group photo)

Can you find the flying water in this park? (1 point - 2 points for a photo of it flying)

Take a flight to Mars by riding the Mission Space ride (4 points)

Animal Kingdom
Take a photo of a disney character dressed ready for a safari (2 points, extra point if you are in it)

A giant tree sits here can you spot it? Snap a photo (2 points, double for being in the photo)

Kennedy Space Centre
Find the NASA sign here and get a photo of it (1 point, extra point for being in the photo)

Look out for an astronaught up high on a roof and snap a photo of it (2 points)

Get a photo of a space rocket (1 point)
Typhoon Lagoon
Float down castaway creek without stopping (5 points)

Find the Croc with a surfboard and take a photo of him (2 points, extra point for being in the photo)

Blizzard Beach

A “Button” made of snow, can you find it? Not 1, not 2 but 3 (1 point for locating Button, 1 point for a picture with Button and double if you are in the photo + extra points for the other 2)

Hollywood studios
Sorcerer Mickey can be found at this park, get a photo of him (2 points - extra point if you are in the photo too)

A giant guitar can be found at this park, can you spot it? If you do take a photo of it (3 points, for an extra point get yourself in the photo too)

ESPN Wide World of Sports
Take a photo of the Wide world of sports globe at the entrance of the park (1 point - extra point if you are in the photo)

Can you find one of the different sports fields at this complex? Its possible not all the fields will be open to the public, so take a photo of yourself with any of the fields behind you (2 points for every field you get a photo at - double points if you are standing on the field)

Find Mickey holding a baseball and take a photo of him (1 point, another point if you are in the photo)

Universal studios
Can you find Kings Cross station? Snap a photo of it when you do (2 points - an extra point will be given if you are in the photo)

Get a photo of yourself wearing something from a Harry Potter world store (1 point for each item

Take a picture of your favourite marvel superhero from the choice you made in the envelopes before we left (1 point - extra point if you are in the photo)

Get a picture of yourself after you have ridden Popeye’s Rapids ride - believe me, you will want to!! (2 points, for double points get the ride or ride sign in the photo with you)

Ride the hogwarts express from Kings cross to Hogwarts castle (3 points - for an extra point get a photo of yourself on the train)

Some old retro cars can be found outside a 50’s diner, take a photo of yourself in front of one or more of these cars (1 point for each car)

Greetings from springfield - can you find this oversized postcard? Take a photo of it when you do. (2 points)

Krusty the Clown wants to gobble you up, can you find him? Take a photo of him (3 points - double your score here by getting in the photo with him)

Can you spot the universal globe? Take a photo of it (1 point - an extra point given if you are in the photo too)

Disney Springs
A giant Disney balloon sits here, can you spot it? (2 points for spotting it, extra point for having a photo of it, double points for being in the photo

Any park
Grab a picture of everyone in your party wearing silly hats from around the park (1 point per person you get in each photo - if a group shot double points of how many are in the photo e.g. 3 people = 6 points)

Get a photo of the Disney Parks car park train (2 points, extra point if you manage to get a photo of yourself on the shuttle

snap a photo of one or more disney character balloons (points for different characters)

Get a photo of a bit of food shaped as Mickey Mouse (1 point per item)

get a photo of you and the word magic in the background

Take a photo of your favourite disney character from any of the parks you wish, it must be the choice you made in the envelopes before we left (1 point - extra point given if you are in it)

Keep an eye out for all characters wandering around and snap photos of as many as possible (1 point for each characters photo you get, double points if you are also in the picture)

Look out for Kodak picture spots in the Disney parks (2 points for every photo spot you get your picture taken in - using maps to find them doesn’t count)

Take a photo of your favourite disney villain from any of the parks, it must be the choice you made in the envelopes before we left (2 points - you can earn double points for being in the photo with the villain)

Points will be deducted from this game for any of the following

• Messy bedrooms
  • Unmade beds
  • Arguing
  • Moaning
  • Asking “are we there yet”
  • Grumpy Faces
  • Being Rude
  • Saying “I want”
  • Not hanging up towels & shorts after swimming
  • and lastly 10 points will be deducted for not having a good time

Weather_Lady

Is this the kids' first trip? If so, I'd suggest stripping down the scavenger hunt to just 1 or 2 activities in each park/location or saving it for a future trip, so they can enjoy the experience "in the moment" and not be sidetracked by an additional game and the need to take specific photos of things.

If they've been a bunch of times and you just want to give them something new to do so they won't get bored, then by all means, have at it, and I think your clues sound like good ones (although I've never been to the ESPN Wide World of Sports, so I can't weigh in on that one, as I have no idea what there is to do there). :)

DonaldDuckQuackers

Original Poster
It's their first time so yeah maybe I should scale it down a little I just thought where they are boys and on the older side they might not be as into Disney as they might be if slightly younger I know my brother wouldn't have been at 9 or 11 he was more interested in kicking a ball around and wrestling (WWF at the time)

I'll have a think but I'm glad you think the clues sound ok wasn't sure if they sounded too hard we thought the game and the idea of a prize on the last day of the trip for the winner might encourage fun & good behaviour for the 2 weeks so they don't lose their points/chance to win

maroonmol

What our family likes to do is to look for the 'Hidden Mickeys'. There's books/ websites which compile lists of each mickey design hidden in restaurant/ hotel/ attraction/ show, etc.

Although, like Weather_Lady said, I suggest if it's their first trip then they should enjoy the moment, and maybe do this once they want to love Disney even further!

DonaldDuckQuackers

Original Poster
I have a hidden Mickey book by Steven Barrett as I plan to hunt for some of them this year, wanted something different to do myself.

This may be their only time going until they are older and take themselves but yeah I'll see if they get excited about Disney first before giving it to them, if they seem to be lacking excitement or anything maybe the hunt will help.

Me 'Earties

Not all treasure is silver and gold, mate
I hope this is the correct place to post this, it seemed the most appropriate given that it's for kids.

Ok lovely people of WDWMagic, I hope you can help me!!
This trip (less than 2 weeks away now!) taking kids, boys ages 9 & 11, so i've put together a scavenger hunt for them to play but I'm hoping some more seasoned visitors can help with some more ideas on how to improve it or more clues for the game etc - anything you can help with would be just magical!!

It includes not just Disney parks but other places we plan to visit too, but seems silly creating different threads about the same thing just because it's not solely Disney.

This is what I have so far. If you think my points system is off please suggestions too would be wonderful as i'm uncertain which clues deserve more points.

Note: We have decided that only the child who calls out that they spotted something first can have their photo taken with the thing they found to stop one calling out and the other saying they found it after and getting the point too
---------------------------------------------------------
Magic Kingdom
Get a photo of you on the Magic Kingdom ferry boat (1 point)

Get a photo of yourself on or by the Magic Kingdom Monorail train (1 point)
Huge mickey face made of flowers can be seen - let the memories begin and take a photo of it (1 point - extra point for getting in the photo)

Near the Mickey face a Magic Kingdom floor sign can be seen, get a picture of it (1 point)

Find the Magic Kingdom railway train and take a ride (1 point for finding it, 2 points for a photo of yourself on it)

Can you find the name of this street that sits right under your feet (1 point)

These partners are the ones who started all the magic, snap a photo of them as they watch over Main Street USA (2 points)

Head to the Magic Kingdom at night to experience the Electrical parade and take a photo of the electrical parade drum (2 points)

Epcot
Get a photo of you in front of the giant space ball at this park (1 point - extra point if its a group photo)

Can you find the flying water in this park? (1 point - 2 points for a photo of it flying)

Take a flight to Mars by riding the Mission Space ride (4 points)

Animal Kingdom
Take a photo of a disney character dressed ready for a safari (2 points, extra point if you are in it)

A giant tree sits here can you spot it? Snap a photo (2 points, double for being in the photo)

Kennedy Space Centre
Find the NASA sign here and get a photo of it (1 point, extra point for being in the photo)

Look out for an astronaught up high on a roof and snap a photo of it (2 points)

Get a photo of a space rocket (1 point)
Typhoon Lagoon
Float down castaway creek without stopping (5 points)

Find the Croc with a surfboard and take a photo of him (2 points, extra point for being in the photo)

Blizzard Beach

A “Button” made of snow, can you find it? Not 1, not 2 but 3 (1 point for locating Button, 1 point for a picture with Button and double if you are in the photo + extra points for the other 2)

Hollywood studios
Sorcerer Mickey can be found at this park, get a photo of him (2 points - extra point if you are in the photo too)

A giant guitar can be found at this park, can you spot it? If you do take a photo of it (3 points, for an extra point get yourself in the photo too)

ESPN Wide World of Sports
Take a photo of the Wide world of sports globe at the entrance of the park (1 point - extra point if you are in the photo)

Can you find one of the different sports fields at this complex? Its possible not all the fields will be open to the public, so take a photo of yourself with any of the fields behind you (2 points for every field you get a photo at - double points if you are standing on the field)

Find Mickey holding a baseball and take a photo of him (1 point, another point if you are in the photo)

Universal studios
Can you find Kings Cross station? Snap a photo of it when you do (2 points - an extra point will be given if you are in the photo)

Get a photo of yourself wearing something from a Harry Potter world store (1 point for each item

Take a picture of your favourite marvel superhero from the choice you made in the envelopes before we left (1 point - extra point if you are in the photo)

Get a picture of yourself after you have ridden Popeye’s Rapids ride - believe me, you will want to!! (2 points, for double points get the ride or ride sign in the photo with you)

Ride the hogwarts express from Kings cross to Hogwarts castle (3 points - for an extra point get a photo of yourself on the train)

Some old retro cars can be found outside a 50’s diner, take a photo of yourself in front of one or more of these cars (1 point for each car)

Greetings from springfield - can you find this oversized postcard? Take a photo of it when you do. (2 points)

Krusty the Clown wants to gobble you up, can you find him? Take a photo of him (3 points - double your score here by getting in the photo with him)

Can you spot the universal globe? Take a photo of it (1 point - an extra point given if you are in the photo too)

Disney Springs
A giant Disney balloon sits here, can you spot it? (2 points for spotting it, extra point for having a photo of it, double points for being in the photo

Any park
Grab a picture of everyone in your party wearing silly hats from around the park (1 point per person you get in each photo - if a group shot double points of how many are in the photo e.g. 3 people = 6 points)

Get a photo of the Disney Parks car park train (2 points, extra point if you manage to get a photo of yourself on the shuttle

snap a photo of one or more disney character balloons (points for different characters)

Get a photo of a bit of food shaped as Mickey Mouse (1 point per item)

get a photo of you and the word magic in the background

Take a photo of your favourite disney character from any of the parks you wish, it must be the choice you made in the envelopes before we left (1 point - extra point given if you are in it)

Keep an eye out for all characters wandering around and snap photos of as many as possible (1 point for each characters photo you get, double points if you are also in the picture)

Look out for Kodak picture spots in the Disney parks (2 points for every photo spot you get your picture taken in - using maps to find them doesn’t count)

Take a photo of your favourite disney villain from any of the parks, it must be the choice you made in the envelopes before we left (2 points - you can earn double points for being in the photo with the villain)

Points will be deducted from this game for any of the following

• Messy bedrooms
  • Unmade beds
  • Arguing
  • Moaning
  • Asking “are we there yet”
  • Grumpy Faces
  • Being Rude
  • Saying “I want”
  • Not hanging up towels & shorts after swimming
  • and lastly 10 points will be deducted for not having a good time

I love the idea of a scavenger hunt-super cute. Just a quick thought/not sure if you know about this: do you know of the Sorcerers of the Magic Kingdom game? That is like a scavenger hunt for the MK and it could be an added game that the kids (and adults) may like

DonaldDuckQuackers

Original Poster
I've heard of the MK card game yeah I thought they may also enjoy that too I think we are planning to spend all day at MK when we go so I'm sure we will have loads of time to do that too.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom