Scanners at Entrance Turnstiles

gbruenin

fargosteve said:
That stinks!! So I can't pre-buy a 7 day no expiration ticket and share with freinds?
Technically you never could. Check the back of any ticket and you see the 'nontransferrable' and revocable legaleze.

will_hsv

On our trip last month, my parents went with us and my Dad's scan seemed like it only worked correctly about 3 or 4 times, and we were there 6 days and park hopped a ton. He hated that scanner, evidently it felt the same way about him. :)
However the CM would just pass him through and he did not have to show any ID or anything.

slipknottin

What I want to know is if its transfered through the parks. Seems to me that each park has its own and they arent shared.

It takes no time at all to get into a park the first time, it takes a couple seconds to go back into that park the second time. But if you go to a different park, it takes no time at all again.

In any case, if the thing doesnt work, the CMs usually just push a button and let you right in.

peter11435

slipknottin said:
What I want to know is if its transfered through the parks. Seems to me that each park has its own and they arent shared.

It takes no time at all to get into a park the first time, it takes a couple seconds to go back into that park the second time. But if you go to a different park, it takes no time at all again.

The scans are transferred between the parks. The entire system is linked.

mkt

Disney's Favorite Scumbag™
Premium Member
I seem to get it with the same CM, a cranky old woman at MK, when my biometrics won't match. She won't even look at my ID, and will keep running until either, A-it lets me in, B- the machine eats the ticket, C- I flag down a person with a Blue ID on the other side of the turnstiles, or D- give up and go to another turnstile.

bob0012

They tend to be really big with IDing the AP people (for obvious reasons), but for regular tickets, they usually just let them pass.

Sledge

Account Suspended
I went for 5 days without the back of my card signed. I even used it to charge stuff to the room without it needed to be signed although I had to sign the receipt.

The second day we went to Disney Studios my dad and I decided to switch cards to get in to see if recognizing fingers really worked. Yeah, it doesn't work. I used his and he used mine and we both got right through just as quick as anytime we used our own.

lawyergirl77

Sledge said:
I went for 5 days without the back of my card signed. I even used it to charge stuff to the room without it needed to be signed although I had to sign the receipt.

The second day we went to Disney Studios my dad and I decided to switch cards to get in to see if recognizing fingers really worked. Yeah, it doesn't work. I used his and he used mine and we both got right through just as quick as anytime we used our own.
Switching cards between family members of the same gender often works out - my friend grabbed her mom's AP by mistake one day and got in no problem.

As for signing cards, if they're resort charge cards, then it's like a credit card, so you really should sign them.

And finally, to address the OP's post: I saw several people who were physically unable to use the scanners at the front get through with no problem by presenting ID. Just hand them your licence and your pass at the same time. Oh, and have fun!!! :) :wave:

peter11435

Sledge said:

Actually it does work. The sytem is designed to allow you and your father to switch tickets. Tickets that are purchased together are linked to one another to avoid any problems from guests getting their passes mixed up.

JerMerBear

I don't think I've ever gone through the turnstyles without using the scan machines. Even as a Cast Member, you have to use them.

I went to Busch Gardens Tampa and took a friend's Season Pass with me. I put my hand in the machine to read whatever, and it didn't work, but the girl just override it and let me in. Never asked what was up or for an ID. I got in for free. Gosh, I'm bad. :)

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom