Saw HM Trailer today

mkepcotmgmak

Original Poster
i don't know if this has been posted, but there is a preview on Tuck Everlasting's DVD for PotC and the new HM movie. It looked like it will have a funny atmosphere to it much like the ride, and Eddie Murphy will be in it... looked promising!

Lokheed

PotC looks like it will be fantastic. Directed by Gore Verbinski, the same guy who did the American remake of The Ring. The cast is good, the special effects are good... I am really looking forward to this movie.

HM, on the other hand, is a train wreck waiting to happen. Eddie Murphy. It's been, what, ten years since he was in a good movie. <i>Pluto Nash</i>. <i>I Spy</i>. <i>Showtime</i>... my god, he even managed to make DeNiro look bad. This movie is going to tank hard.

MicBat

POtC looks great!!... On the other hand, there hasn't been decent HM trailer to determine whether or not it is going to be a good movie or not.

Sora

I can't pass judgment yet on HM. Sure, Eddie has had some trouble, but maybe this is just what he needs, you know? A film based on a great Attraction, and done to be very close like the actual attraction itself. I've read about the filming in the ballroom, and some scenes in the attic, as well as the fact they are sticking with the basic storyline for the actual attraction. So I say if it isn't the greatest film acting wise then who really cares. It seems to me that its going to be nothing more than a great popcorn movie, and believe me we SO need more of those today! Looking forword to POTC as well. That should be a heck of a lot of fun!:D

HMGhost13

but when the film sounds like crap? i don't think this'll do any good. from what i have read:

Eddie plays a neglecting father. gets "spooked" into seeing the light. There will be no visible ghosts effects (which we were lied about) there will be no references to the ride (which we were lied to about). with jennifer tilly as Madame Leota.

BTW, where is the humor in the ride? i certainly don't burst with laughter through the thing.

The ride scares young kids. ok granted. you have:
-corpses pushing out of graves.
-corpses pushing out of coffins.
-doors "expanding" open.
-stautes that follow you, looking at you.
-pianos playing by themselves
-and the only choice in leaving a room before the exit is revealed is death.

yep sounds funny too me.:rolleyes:

MicBat

Originally posted by HMGhost13
but when the film sounds like crap? i don't think this'll do any good. from what i have read:

Eddie plays a neglecting father. gets "spooked" into seeing the light. There will be no visible ghosts effects (which we were lied about) there will be no references to the ride (which we were lied to about). with jennifer tilly as Madame Leota.

BTW, where is the humor in the ride? i certainly don't burst with laughter through the thing.

The ride scares young kids. ok granted. you have:
-corpses pushing out of graves.
-corpses pushing out of coffins.
-doors "expanding" open.
-stautes that follow you, looking at you.
-pianos playing by themselves
-and the only choice in leaving a room before the exit is revealed is death.

yep sounds funny too me.:rolleyes:
HM isn't necessarily "funny," it's more satiracle than anything.

bhg469

there is humor all over the ride, drunk ghost under the table, hitch hiking ghosts even the cms at the beginning of the ride. "dead center of the room" ? come on thats funny stuff.

to say that the ride is not humorous is wrong.

HMGhost13

well i'm speaking in the EddieMurphy humor.

the ride has dark humor. but not: look at the crap on the ceiling humor.

the stuff'll bring a few giggles for those who notice for others nervous laughter. but not the stuff eddie murphy brings.

look at the context of the ride. if the ride, the elements of the ride, basic elements were made into a movie what kind would it be?

comparison:
PoTC=pirates, invading town, fire. Action Flick
Country Bears="animated", C&W singing bears. Family Film.
HM=Ghosts, moving corpses. Family Comedy?

bhg469

not sure how to take it, i am excited either way it has been my favorite attraction my whole life and im looking forward to any parallels the movie and the ride will have

DCA Fan

Potc looks like it's going to be a big hit. Look at the great CGI effects, good storyline too.

HM is going to bomb the second it comes out. Given, the DL HM storyline is more playful and comedic, but 1 underlying thing kills it. Eddie Murphy. End of story.

I silently wonder why we couldn't use DL Paris' HM storyline. Much more detailed, engrossing, and haunting.

Glasgow

I have to follow the general consensus here :

POTC = GOOD
HM = bad

But I will reserve final judgement just to be fair

Dayma

Hmmmmm......Eddie hasnt been good sine Goldfinger and Beverly Hills Cop....I hope to god this movie does not tank...

DisneyWonders07

Ohhhh I saw the full trailer for Pirates of the Caribbean: The Curse of the Black Pearl and I think I'm correct in saying it's gonna be one of the big movies of the summer, it looks excellent! But as you all say, I have to agree that the Haunted Mansion movie is totally going to blow and it probably won't be even scary with Eddie Murphy in it. Also the storyline is something like he learns the importance of family and friendship...what a crock! lol but maybe PotC will make up for it:)

DCA Fan

The storyline is that Murphy is a real estate agent who, in trying to sell as many houses as possible, loses touch w/ family (see Lost At Home). Then he must sell HM. Apparently he gets stuck w/ his family in there for the night or something like that, and they learn the meaning of family (see Lilo and Stitch).

Weak storyline.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom