Savi's Workshop

G00fyDad

We have a lunch at Sci-Fi Dine-in at 11:45 and reservations at Savi's at 12:45. Normally this would be just enough time for us to eat and get around the corner and into Galaxy's Edge to get signed in for the lightsabers. But what if we don't get seated right away at Sci-Fi Dine-in? That will make us late for the lightsabers. Is that going to be a problem?

MattH20

Can’t say as a matter of fact but when were were at Savi’s there is a limited number of spaces in the room and all the slots were fully booked, I’m not sure how they would accommodate a late arrival.

apparently disney is really flexible if your dining reservation has delayed your arrival for something else (they said you just need to show your receipt). As i say - not sure how this would work with Savis workshop though.

Upvote 0

G00fyDad

Original Poster
According to the CM on the chat Savi's will not hold for 15-20 like the restaurants do. :( How early are we supposed to be at Savi's? 15 minutes early or 30?

Upvote 0

RememberWhen

I think your dinner and Savi will be very tight. Maybe you’ll make it. We were at least 15 minutes early for Savi and happy we were. You need to pick what style you’re building (and pay) before you go in, so you don’t really want to run up as they’re closing the doors. Any way you can bump the lunch earlier? Our Sci-Fi lunch took about an hour. If you could find something around 11, that would have more buffer. If not, I would go early to Sci Fi and see if they’ll let you check in early.

Upvote 0

G00fyDad

Original Poster
I think your dinner and Savi will be very tight. Maybe you’ll make it. We were at least 15 minutes early for Savi and happy we were. You need to pick what style you’re building (and pay) before you go in, so you don’t really want to run up as they’re closing the doors. Any way you can bump the lunch earlier? Our Sci-Fi lunch took about an hour. If you could find something around 11, that would have more buffer. If not, I would go early to Sci Fi and see if they’ll let you check in early.
We're going to have to try to check in early. I've tried to move the reservation but there just isn't anything available.

Upvote 0

MattH20

We had to wait around at Davis workshop but I wouldn’t count on it. Sounds like the stress of potentially missing your savi booking could reduce your enjoyment of dining.

We found that sci fi was relatively quick if you needed it to be. If they are late to get you seated I guess you would have some grounds to cancel the dining at the time?

Upvote 0

ppete1975

I dont think you have time if you want to enjoy your meal at all. To make your time youd need to almost ask for it to go. Id see if you can move your dining reservation to another time or day and be able to actually enjoy it.

Arrive 11:45 - your table isnt totally ready you are seated at 11:55
you look over the menu the waiter comes over at 12 and takes drink order you say hey we need to rush can you take our food as well.. they do.
12:20 your food arrives (there are no issues or you just live with them)
you chow down as quick as you can and are done at 12:35 (nobody is happy that they had to rush especially at a fun restaurant)
cant find the waiter for your tab or the are busy with other guests.
you give them your credit card at 12:40 they return it 12:45
you RUN and they say you are too late.

This doesnt sound fun. If you are going to attempt it, here are some tips.

Pay with cash (dont have to wait)
already know what you want to eat and be ready (make sure everyone else does too)
Tell the server at the beginning whats going on and ask for the tab as soon as you order or get your food

Last edited:
Upvote 0

G00fyDad

Original Poster
I dont think you have time if you want to enjoy your meal at all. To make your time youd need to almost ask for it to go. Id see if you can move your dining reservation to another time or day and be able to actually enjoy it.
Moving it to another day is not an option. We are only at DHS for the one day and this is a must do for my wife. I will keep looking for an earlier (or later) ADR.

Upvote 0

ppete1975

Moving it to another day is not an option. We are only at DHS for the one day and this is a must do for my wife. I will keep looking for an earlier (or later) ADR.
Is everyone building a lightsaber or just you?
If just you and depending on your family and how they would react, you might just have them eat without you. Same as if someone hates roller coasters, that doesnt mean nobody can ride some people can sit out. Maybe you build and they enjoy their meal.

Just an idea :)

I hope you have a blast, im excited to build one in april

Upvote 0

G00fyDad

Original Poster
Has anyone had luck getting to a place to eat early and being seated early? If we check in at 11:15 at Sci-Fi (30 minutes early) what are the chances/odds that we will be seated before 11:45? We will be at one of the longer tables that seat 8 (5 in our group).

Upvote 0

ppete1975

Has anyone had luck getting to a place to eat early and being seated early? If we check in at 11:15 at Sci-Fi (30 minutes early) what are the chances/odds that we will be seated before 11:45? We will be at one of the longer tables that seat 8 (5 in our group).
large party I would bet you will be seated later than you would be earlier. Heaven forbid you get the people that just want to relax and even order desserts... I have seen people hold tables for hours.

Upvote 0

phillip9698

Looking to reserve a time to build one of these but have a question on storage around the park.

These sabers are too large to fit on the rides so what are people doing with them while they are on rides? Some rides dont exit in the same area they start so what are you to do with the saber to keep up with it?

Worried because i have a kid who will want to play with it while walking around but still wants to ride rides.

Upvote 0

G00fyDad

Original Poster
Looking to reserve a time to build one of these but have a question on storage around the park.

These sabers are too large to fit on the rides so what are people doing with them while they are on rides? Some rides dont exit in the same area they start so what are you to do with the saber to keep up with it?

Worried because i have a kid who will want to play with it while walking around but still wants to ride rides.
Hopfully someone can answer that one for you. I don't plan on keeping the whole thing with me but if I did then there will always be at least one of us not riding a ride and they could hold it. I plan on having the blade shipped home and I will keep the hilt with me.

Upvote 0

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom