Saving money by booking each night as a separate reservation

Mista C

Personally, I view WDW as a luxury. If I'm going to splurge on a luxury, I'm not going to go through this effort to save $500. Not worth the sacrifice of relaxation and not having a room guaranteed each day between about 11 am and 3 pm.

packing/repacking, or being unable to unpack; going back and forth to check in/out/in/etc, not being able to settle in a room.... to me, the savings between roughly $2000 and $2500 probably won't be worth it. my time is worth something, convenience is worth something.

This is exactly how I feel. I love, upon checking-into our room, unpacking all of our stuff, hanging shirts, putting clothes in the drawers, unpacking our toiletries, and just generally "settling into" our room. This is our haven for the next however many days. The thought of having to pack, unpack, and re-pack every day is an absolute nightmare for me and not worth the $500 when I'm already spending $2,000.

BigTxEars

Did anyone ever find out if it really is cheaper to do night by night? I still say no way due to the PIA nature of it but I am curious.

DABIGCHEEZ

Did anyone ever find out if it really is cheaper to do night by night? I still say no way due to the PIA nature of it but I am curious.

According to the OP... the paying per night calculation was a mix of standard and Savanah view, so I am sure that is where the savings came in. The weekly rate was probably for a savannah or pool view(op did not say) I dont think apples were being compared to apples.

BigTxEars

According to the OP... the paying per night calculation was a mix of standard and Savanah view, so I am sure that is where the savings came in. The weekly rate was probably for a savannah or pool view(op did not say) I dont think apples were being compared to apples.

Got it, that makes sense. Thanks.

DisneyDaver

I didn't actually check, but what if a 30% off discount room was available for a night here or there during the week, but not for the entire week? I don't think the rate would include the 30% off rooms unless they were available for each night during the planned week.

tigger1968

I don't see this working out well at all from a logistics point of view. Every day you would need to be out of your room before 11, then move all your luggage to bell services to store until 3 when check in is available. Sure your room may be ready sooner, but are you going to wait around to find out? Not to mention standing in the Check In line every day. And I agree that any savings seen here are simply the difference between Standard and Pool or Savannah View. I think a plan of this sort would take up more vacation time than anyone would want to give up.

Tuvalu

Premium Member
I didn't actually check, but what if a 30% off discount room was available for a night here or there during the week, but not for the entire week? I don't think the rate would include the 30% off rooms unless they were available for each night during the planned week.
If you check in on the day a discount is available the discount will apply for your length of stay.

DisneyDaver

If you check in on the day a discount is available the discount will apply for your length of stay.

True, but only if a discounted room is available for each day of the trip. There are a limited number of discounted rooms available each day. For example, during a trip from Friday through Thursday, there may only be discounted rooms available on Monday and Wednesday. I think in that case, one would only get the benefit of those discounted rates for Monday and Wednesday if one booked those days individually and not as part of booking the Friday through Thursday all at once. Perhaps I am wrong, but that is how I think it works.

Tuvalu

Premium Member
True, but only if a discounted room is available for each day of the trip. There are a limited number of discounted rooms available each day. For example, during a trip from Friday through Thursday, there may only be discounted rooms available on Monday and Wednesday. I think in that case, one would only get the benefit of those discounted rates for Monday and Wednesday if one booked those days individually and not as part of booking the Friday through Thursday all at once. Perhaps I am wrong, but that is how I think it works.
Disney resort rates are always higher on Fridays and Saturdays (so any length of stay package reflects this, whether a discount applies or not). However, when you book free dining or a 20 percent off room discount deal, you will get the promotion for each day of your entire trip as long as the offer is valid on your check in day. We have done this numerous times.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom