$$$$$Saved

Joy Peace

Original Poster
My travel agent just saved us $332 on our room for our trip in July!!!:sohappy: I wish everyone had a travel agent just like her. She has truly gone above and beyond for me. Nothing like going to WDW and saving money doing it!:lol::):D Whoo Hoo!!

EPCOT.nut

You sound like a Geico commercial! :lol:

geico-gecko-1.jpg

Sorry! I couldn't resist! (There's a commercial on right now for them)

Who did you use? Someone local to you or was this over the internet?

Joy Peace

Original Poster
HAHAHA I do dont I?:lol: Someone local. She is really amazing and very good at her job. I guess I lucked out in finding her. I am truly blessed.:)

EPCOT.nut

I live too close to WDW to be able to justify having a travel agent - and I've never gone on any big trips - but I've always wondered what it would be like to go to a travel agent and just *go somewhere!*

Maybe some day....

I hope you have a really great trip - do a trip report! They are always so much fun to read.

Jerm

How did she save you money? That much would raise a flag for me as someone in the travel biz myself.

WDWFigment

How did she save you money? That much would raise a flag for me as someone in the travel biz myself.

The $332 number really isn't that telling. It could be per night (unlikely) or could be for the duration of her trip ($332 for 3-4 days is great, but for 8-10...?).

SAV

I called my hotel a couple of days ago and ended up saving $30 per day...just by making the call and checking their "entertainment card" rate.

When I first checked, the room was going to be over $100 per night for the entertainment rate , so I got their AAA rate for $89 plus 2 b'fasts every day. Which isn't bad, but for some reason the entertainment room was down to $60 per night. A quick $150 saved by making a phone call.

Joy Peace

Original Poster
The $332 was applied to my room. It saved us 55.33 a night and took our $199 a night room rate to $143 a night which was a better deal than what came with the pin number.:) The reservations manager was feeling kind that day I guess. Maybe it was a YOAMD deal? At any rate I feel really blessed to have such a great travel agent, she went to bat for me. And saved me alot of money:sohappy:

cococola44

I don't know if i would trust that...

If she has seperate hook ups then great but something sounds fishy to me.

I would do your research first before getting tooo excited.

disneychick53

My travel agent just saved us $332 on our room for our trip in July!!!:sohappy: I wish everyone had a travel agent just like her. She has truly gone above and beyond for me. Nothing like going to WDW and saving money doing it!:lol::):D Whoo Hoo!!
I never use a travel agent I do it myself anyone can---if you make reservation than find cheaper price call and they will change I have gone twice a year week at a time for the last 11 years and always have a credit on my room

devoy1701

Why does that sound fishy? From the rates I gather that we're talking about a mod resort, and $144 is a pretty standard sounding rate for a moderate resort. I've NEVER paid the full $199 for a mod room...in fact last year I paid $99/night at CBR in August....and that's the normal rate for a value resort.

Stop trying to rain on the OP's parade...

vwayfan123

i get 50% off for myself and friends at any hotel at disney world, i think thats a pretty good discount. im staying at a value resort this summer for $37 a night.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom