Save the Great Movie Ride Petition

DeweyDuck

Original Poster
Alright, so I started a petition...

https://www.change.org/p/the-walt-d...e-great-movie-ride-disney-s-hollywood-studios

I am only hoping to receive as much exposure as the DCA Tower of Terror (that's a start), so if you would be so kind as to sign and share, that'd be great.

@Herbie has started a petition to save the GMR which was posted in the "Disney Not Renewing Great Movie Ride Sponsorship Deal with TCM; Attraction to Close" page.

I just wanted to pull this out so everyone can see before it gets lost among all the page updates. It's probably too late to save the GMR anyway and not that Disney really responds to these but it's worth a try. You can sign below:

https://www.change.org/p/the-walt-d...e-great-movie-ride-disney-s-hollywood-studios

Thanks!

JIMINYCR

Unfortunately if and when Disney decides the GMR has run its time and they want something new in there to replace it, it will be gone. Doesnt matter how many signatures appear on a petition or how many people protest the change or how many Disney devotees voice their displeasure. The only thing they might listen to would be a mass refusal of guests making reservations and buying tickets over the loss of GMR, and thats not going to happen. Mr Toads ride had a massively organized protest drive to save that beloved attraction and that never influenced Disney one bit. GMR has no chance if its on the radar of being closed.

DuckTalesWooHoo1987

Just another reason for Disney to go ahead with my idea for a new park which would be a whole park of attractions that closed at other parks. Like a "retirement home" for rides that all of us devotees have loved over the years. That way we could still go on Mr. Toad's Wild Ride, The Skyway, 20,000 Leagues Under The Sea, Streets of America, and Toon Town again. LOL!

larryz

I'm Just A Tourist!
Premium Member
Just another reason for Disney to go ahead with my idea for a new park which would be a whole park of attractions that closed at other parks. Like a "retirement home" for rides that all of us devotees have loved over the years. That way we could still go on Mr. Toad's Wild Ride, The Skyway, 20,000 Leagues Under The Sea, Streets of America, and Toon Town again. LOL!
It might be too expensive to move the rides and their transport mechanisms, but I could certainly see an Audioanimatronic Hall of Fame, containing the AAs that were used in the closed attractions, still powered up and interacting with each other...

mf1972

it wouldn't be called jurassic park, would it? ;)

DuckTalesWooHoo1987

it wouldn't be called jurassic park, would it? ;)
LOL! Hopefully not! One thing about this rumor though is that if it actually does turn out to be true I hope they at least keep the ride open until the new Pixar or Star Wars stuff is working because HS is already stretched pretty thin for attractions right now as it is. This would stretch it even thinner if they close this quickly. I would personally hate to see it go but maybe they'll replace it with something good.

graphite1326

I was so impressed the first time I rode this, I think I rode it three times that day. That being said there were parts I didn't care for. For example I thought Footlight Parade and Tarzan were poorly done. I also did not think that Alien fit the rest of the ride. The old end sequence used to give goosebumps. For some reason the new one does not.

I hope they don't close it but rather put in some not new but different movies.

Cmdr_Crimson

Yeahhhh remember how badly they tried to save this......That didn't even go to well....
Save-Mr-Toad-01.jpg
munnybw.gif

WEDwaydatamover

I think fear of protests have teeth with Disney Company at least politically speaking.

I did love the Toad-Ins!!!

The Studios never really blew my mind. With the exception of 2 rides and 2 restaurants. Great Movie Ride was not one of them.

Phil is running the 1/2 Park so I expect "ehhh things" given his record.

Herbie

@Herbie has started a petition to save the GMR which was posted in the "Disney Not Renewing Great Movie Ride Sponsorship Deal with TCM; Attraction to Close" page.

I just wanted to pull this out so everyone can see before it gets lost among all the page updates. It's probably too late to save the GMR anyway and not that Disney really responds to these but it's worth a try. You can sign below:

Thanks!

Aww, I appreciate it sir. My only goal is to get this info out and 'mainstream' it as much as the Tower of Terror backlash, so that people are at least aware and fans have a place to be vocal.

And to the poster who said 100 sigs won't change anything, 100 sigs is the starting point for petitions. The goal automatically increases after you surpass 100.

While I already have doubts about petitions, and management has certainly changed, I do not believe Imagination was rehabbed twice within a short span of time (2-3 years) if Disney did not listen to input. Aside from capacity issues, we'd most certainly have a Guardians Tower at DHS if that wasn't the case.

I am Timmy

I signed a few days ago, and just wanted to thank Herbie for starting the petition in the first place. Whether it has any effect remains to be seen, but seeing all the love for the ride on the petition site did my heart good! Power to the people!

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom