Save the Adventurers Club

DavidS1234

Some of my most treasured memories are from the old AC... both during, and after, operating hours. The magic felt during the shows and interactions was permanently attached to the building itself and the relics inside. After hours it just became more of a ghostly magic... especially in The Mask Room. In the dead of the morning, after all the guests had left and the cleanup crew finished "disappearing" all the confetti that was shot into the air over the West End at midnight... a peaceful calm came over the place. The drums in The Mask Room continued to loop, and those eyes in the masks still searched... right to left... left to right.... keeping watch. It truly was a special location.

geekza

This was something that I'm sad I never got to experience. From photos I've seen and people's descriptions of the experience, it really seems like it was something that would have stood up well beside Disney experiences from the "Golden Age."

Master Yoda

Pro Star Wars geek.
Premium Member
This was something that I'm sad I never got to experience. From photos I've seen and people's descriptions of the experience, it really seems like it was something that would have stood up well beside Disney experiences from the "Golden Age."
It would. If the history I have read on the AC is correct, it was inspired by a party thrown by Joe Rhode.

Why the concept has not made its way to another part of WDW is beyond me.

geekza

It would. If the history I have read on the AC is correct, it was inspired by a party thrown by Joe Rhode.

Why the concept has not made its way to another part of WDW is beyond me.
Heck, the Kungaloosh was the signature drink in the AC and something that most people talk about to this day. They offer a drink with the same name elsewhere in the resort, but it isn't even the same recipe! They've pretty much buried the AC, which is sad.

Bocabear

Heck, the Kungaloosh was the signature drink in the AC and something that most people talk about to this day. They offer a drink with the same name elsewhere in the resort, but it isn't even the same recipe! They've pretty much buried the AC, which is sad.
Why are they not doing an authentic Kungaloosh at Trader Sam's???

Dutch Inn '76

Why haven't the brought back the Adventurer's Club? I can only assume that the concept as a money-making venture had run it's course. If they thought they could make a buck with the concept at Disney Springs or the Boardwalk or Downtown Disney in Anaheim, I'm sure it would be up and running now.

I hate it, but I'll bet that's the situation.

Master Gracey

Original Poster
Kungaloosh Adventurers,

As is my tradition on this day each year, I give to you one of the most secret, and often overlooked Club tradition that occurred only at Midnight of Christmas Eve 1937, the annual Adventurers retelling of "T'was the Night Before Christmas". For full effect, press play at the stroke of midnight tonight, accompanied by your favorite Yuletide beverage: eggnog, wassail, Yakoose Mousse, or a Kungaloosh.

tissandtully

Only if you like locals ruining every evening by shouting out the lines to every joke. People wonder why it was shuttered, it became a money-less hub for APs and CMs to hang out and not buy anything.

The Colonel

Only if you like locals ruining every evening by shouting out the lines to every joke. People wonder why it was shuttered, it became a money-less hub for APs and CMs to hang out and not buy anything.
I was there a hundred times and never experienced what you describe. The biggest problem I ever had there was getting in or getting a good table when it was too crowded. I have only great memories.

Goofyernmost

Yes, busy on free entrance cast nights but few bought drinks or spent money.
Few bought drinks even when it wasn't cast nights. People went there for the show, not to get drunk. They went to the dance halls to do that. We need to blame no one but ourselves if it is gone. They didn't put it there to lose money. Disney charity ends with executive bonus's. If one recalls that was a very heavy laden actor show.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom