Saratoga Springs

bethymouse

It's our favorite resort so far! We stayed in the Paddock Section with the new pool area- great slide! We were 1st floor right by the bus stop, and the Paddock Pool has lunch with refillable mugs station! The walk over to the Springs section is beautiful. The pool is quite nice. The Artists Palette is quite small, but convenient. The walk to DTD is long, but lovely! The Turf Club restaurant is a hidden gem! The pool at the Grandstand area is nice for little kids. The CMs are quite friendly, and you truly feel at "home". The boat to DTD is a wonderful way to relax and enjoy! This is a DVC resort, but you feel as though you're members even though we aren't. I highly recommend this resort, and simply just walking around. It is quite lovely! Enjoy!:joyfull:

LuvtheGoof

Grill Master
Premium Member
We are DVC owners at SSR, and have stayed there many times. A few tips. The Grandstand area is the first bus stop, both for pick-up to the parks, and drop-off from the parks. It has it's own quiet pool, and the pool bar is open during the day! The walk to the main building or the boat dock is less than 5 minutes. We have always requested this section, and seem to luck out every time.

If you want to be closer to the main building and pool, you will have to request the Springs. Be warned though. It is the LAST stop for the buses, and will almost guarantee that you will be standing going to the parks in the morning. It is rare that we have seen the bus not fill up before we get to the Springs section, and we only go during slower times.

We think the Turf Club is a hidden gem at Disney. In all of the many times that we have eaten there, we have yet to have a bad meal. Of course, I am jinxing myself now! :cautious:

I will absolutely agree that the Artist's Palette is a mad house in the mornings, and we avoid it like the plague in the morning. If you go during a slow time, the food is actually pretty good.

Enjoy your stay!

Boardwalk-empire

Original Poster
It's our favorite resort so far! We stayed in the Paddock Section with the new pool area- great slide! We were 1st floor right by the bus stop, and the Paddock Pool has lunch with refillable mugs station! The walk over to the Springs section is beautiful. The pool is quite nice. The Artists Palette is quite small, but convenient. The walk to DTD is long, but lovely! The Turf Club restaurant is a hidden gem! The pool at the Grandstand area is nice for little kids. The CMs are quite friendly, and you truly feel at "home". The boat to DTD is a wonderful way to relax and enjoy! This is a DVC resort, but you feel as though you're members even though we aren't. I highly recommend this resort, and simply just walking around. It is quite lovely! Enjoy!:joyfull:

Thanks!

Boardwalk-empire

Original Poster
We are DVC owners at SSR, and have stayed there many times. A few tips. The Grandstand area is the first bus stop, both for pick-up to the parks, and drop-off from the parks. It has it's own quiet pool, and the pool bar is open during the day! The walk to the main building or the boat dock is less than 5 minutes. We have always requested this section, and seem to luck out every time.

If you want to be closer to the main building and pool, you will have to request the Springs. Be warned though. It is the LAST stop for the buses, and will almost guarantee that you will be standing going to the parks in the morning. It is rare that we have seen the bus not fill up before we get to the Springs section, and we only go during slower times.

We think the Turf Club is a hidden gem at Disney. In all of the many times that we have eaten there, we have yet to have a bad meal. Of course, I am jinxing myself now! :cautious:

I will absolutely agree that the Artist's Palette is a mad house in the mornings, and we avoid it like the plague in the morning. If you go during a slow time, the food is actually pretty good.

Enjoy your stay!

I hear you on the rush at the artist palette. Coronado had a similar food court thing that got crazy during breakfast, lunch and dinner. Thanks for your input!

Sparkle81

Another vote for the Grandstand area here! After following the advice of the awesome people on this forum, I requested that area & it was PERFECT. A 5 minute walk to the reception area & restaurants, about the same to the boat for Downtown Disney, a couple of minutes walk to the bus stop (being first on & first off is a mega bonus) and steps away from the quiet pool.

We loved the resort itself too. One criticism levelled at it is that the theming isn't 'Disney' enough. Although the decor is understated, the Disney 'feel' comes from the staff themselves. Everyone we encountered was warm, welcoming and helpful and truly made us feel at home. It's a beautiful place to be, and we would love to go back and stay again in the future.

bethymouse

I guess the only "Disney-themed" thing found at SSR is the pictures of the many animated horses in the Disney films. That's kinda cool.;)

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom