Saratoga Springs vs Old Key West - Advice & Opinions Wanted!

Rob562

From what I understand only 3 buildings at OKW have elevators. I think all 3 buildings are near the Hospitality House.

If you have mobility problems or if you are worried about strollers you can always request a building with an elevator or a ground floor villa.

Correct. Those are Buildings 62, 63 and 64. They were built after the rest of the resort was, thus they have elevators.

-Rob

Todd L

From what I understand only 3 buildings at OKW have elevators. I think all 3 buildings are near the Hospitality House.

If you have mobility problems or if you are worried about strollers you can always request a building with an elevator or a ground floor villa.

Wow..I Never Knew That..We stayed in one of the buildings close to the Hospitality house . Heading back to OKW this summer...Hope we get another building with an Elevator!

wonderrx

Original Poster
Thank you all for your feedback!

We have booked at SSR with a AAA discount (got it competitive to some of the DVC resale websites). We are going to request to be on the end nearer to Downtown Disney.

If I forget to circle back here and post our experience in this thread someone reply here after July to remind me!

Thanks again!

tjkraz

I thought someone said SSR is a HUGE resort?

The resort itself is large but most of the resort amenities are grouped at the Carriage House. Right in one central area you have the front desk, two restaurants, gift shop, feature pool, spa, Community Hall and the golf course clubhouse. There are also 5 bus stops scattered throughout the resort so never far to walk for that.

If we need to make use of those amenities, we usually request a room in either The Springs or The Grandstand. From those areas, you can walk to The Carriage House faster than you could walk from Beach Club Villas to Stormalong Bay.

Most rooms in Congress Park have a very nice view of Downtown Disney. There's also a quiet pool in that area and bus stop nearby, and it is the shortest walk to Downtown Disney. Other amenities require some walking.

Paddock has a second feature pool, quick service restaurant, bus stop.

Only area I would be reluctant to stay is The Carousel. Those two buildings are pretty remote.

MickeyisMyBestFriend

We have stayed at both hotels and enjoy Saratoga Springs more. Not just on one trip but I would say we stayed there about 6 times. Everyone in our party seems to enjoy SS better and to give you an idea our group has gone from 2 adults and 5-8 year old to 2 adults and 11-14 years old. The pool is very nice for kids( and even adults) and the rooms are very nice. Hope this helps. :)

Last edited:

RevKjb

Been to both. My vote is SSR.

SSR seems to get very mixed reports on these boards; however, I was pleasantly surprised by the resort.

Wasn't too fond of OKW, but that is just my opinion.

Good luck!

We own at SSR, and love its amenities, especially the pools (the food options aren't bad, just limited). BUT we are going with OKW for a Cdn. Thanksgiving trip due to OKW 1 Bedroom sleeping 5. SSR is a VERY nice, quiet resort. Lots of pool activities for the kids and my Mom (73 years old) found lots to do when we other 4 were at the parks.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom